Another new Triton owner

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Another new Triton owner

Postby GoneFishing on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:47 am

Hi everybody

Just picked up our new Triton VR Dual Cab 2009. Needed the grunt to pull our camper trailer and still be able to do the legal speed limit. As all new owners I,ll have heaps of questions for you guys later on..... DP chip is probably the first subject. I was told that it will void the engine warranty.... but if I got an original chip re-maped for a cost of $4000!!!! it was OK! I'll see first if I need the extra power because I haven't towed the camper with the new car yet. I'm sure the chip will be an addition later on.... the sooner I get out to the camping spots.... the better! :lol:

GoneFishing
GoneFishing

Re: Another new Triton owner

Postby sam on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:02 am

Welcome mate and good to see another Triton owner on here :)
Did you get a manual or an auto :?: but it won't matter as either will pull your camper with ease.

Is this the first Mits you've had if so what did you have before mate :?:
Reckon I've seen your " GoneFishing " on other forums or is that someone else :?: :?:

sam
sam

Postby Adz on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:09 am

G'day GF...welcome to the site mate...plenty of questions get great answers here!

Enjoy your stay! ;)
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby MR T on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:35 pm

welcome mate :D
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby daryn on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:28 pm

Welcome GF,

Don't worry about getting a DP Chip, if you ever take it for a service you just unplug it and they would not know the difference, secondly have you seen that Berrima Diesel offer a warranty as well. Now I am not an expert on this but remapping something that you already have would mean that you would be doing the ECU which is seperate to the DP Chip and the service dept. could reflash it at anytime with factory updates, $4000 gone in a flash, excuse the pun.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby GoneFishing on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi Sam
My new Mits is an auto (getting older and lazier by the day) It's our first Mits. We owened a Holden Jackaroo turbo diesel which also was an auto. Good car until things went wrong with the injections system and Holden let us down big time!! Also had a Nissan Navara and then a Nissan X-Trail when fuel prices went through the roof. Still own a Toyota Landcruiser 73 series mid wheel base 1990 with a 5 cyl diesel (non turbo) 1990. Has all the trimmings but it has to go to pay for the future mods we want to do on the Mits. It just didn't have the grunt to pull the fairly heavy (fully loaded) camper trailer we just got. Bit of a shame as it will probably out climb anything out there on the market today..... not joking! Needless to say, I haven't had our new Mits out on any serious 4WD'ing so let see what I think after that.
I haven't been writing in any other forums yet....... it must be an imposter :lol:

GF
GoneFishing

Postby GoneFishing on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Hi daryn
Thanks for the tip. Is the the DP chip that easy to remove and install ? When the sales guy told me about their $4000 re-maping :o ....... my first thought was..... that would be the day! I just got a qoute from ARB for a snorkel, bull bar, Warn 9000 lbs winch, dual battery installation and fog lights fully installed for $5900..... I think I'll rather spend my money on that! :D

GF
GoneFishing

Postby daryn on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:08 pm

"Piggy back" , thats the term to describe how these chips attach and work in conjunction with the ECU.

Some Reading:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2244&p=31333&hilit=DP+chip#p31333

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1739&p=24642&hilit=+chip#p24642

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1613

There is more when you use Search.

DP Chip is on my shopping list.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions