I love my truck

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

I love my truck

Postby powerball on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:27 am

Hi Guys,

I bought mine new in 07. Wanted the GLX-R but got a GLS 3.2 DiD as they didn't have one in black. Got a big discount (ABN,Fleet) so my wife and I decided to get some extra's including front nudge(not standard on GLS) tray liner, flip down dvd for the kids, towbar, factory floor mats and seat covers(neoprene). A week after picking it up I fitted a DP Chip for more grunt(never enough), 22" wheels as most of our driving is on the black stuff. I also recently fitted up 2 sets of spotties, set of Narva 175's and Narva 225 Blue. Talk about daylight @ night. Prior to that I also replaced the factory bulbs including the fog lights to whiter light bulbs. I guess by now you know why my wife thinks I'm a light freak :lol: . I mounted the 175's on top of the nudge where the factory fitting points are and the 225's I fabricated some 6mm angle brackets to the existing mounting points so that the lights sit between the top and bottom bar. Currently I'm looking at getting some sort of extractors and sports system to help the motor breathe as the guys @ DP Chip have told me that would be the next step in getting more for less (power per litre). We haven't had a chance to do much 4x4 stuff as we water ski most of summer hence why we bought the triton. At the time the boat ramps at our local dams we 30m away from the water. The DP chip has improved my fuel economy from 15l/100 to 11l/100 while towing the boat full of gear (ski/camping). But even more surprising was the fact that I sat in 5th @ 110kph unless I hit a steep slope, in which case I would drop to fourth and power up the hill overtaking others. Love the look on their faces :shock: when they hear the "Traktor" as the kids call it, overtaking with a boat hooked up.

I am happy that I finally found a site dedicated to the triton only. I will now no longer have to listen to how all the other owners of other brands keep telling me how I should have bought one of theirs. I love my truck and it does everything I need and therefore is perfect! End of story :)

Till next time
Mark
Driving at the speed of sound means you can't hear your wife yelling!!!! MORE POWER!
powerball

Re: I love my truck

Postby smeghead on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:30 am

Another happy member!! :D

Welcome...
Sean

'07 | GLX-R | 3.2 DiD | Manual | Gunmetal Grey

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
smeghead

Postby subi_man on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:31 am

Welcome Mark 8-)
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby ML-VR08 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:38 am

Mark.... one problem! No pics...this is becoming more and more often! :lol: :D
ML-VR08

Postby Greedy on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:41 am

Welcome Mark. That's a rare beats you have there. GLS' didn't have a lot of manuals made
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Welcome mate. Great to hear another happy camper - and a petrol head!

I think the guys at DP chip are spot on with the extractors.
I've been advised the same - although mine is petrol.
I've also been told that they have dyno'd the 4L Hilux and got 30KW at the back wheels with headers and pipes alone. Also nearly 2l/100km better fuel - but they were about the worst designed stockers they'd seen.

Everyone seems to go chips, but the headers are the biggest performance inhibitor - you do need the chip to tune it afterwards though.

I think you might start getting turbo spooling issues once it breathes like it's supposed to. I'm not big on diesel performance technology but I'm guessing you would need some sort of boost controller also I think??

Cheers
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Eelesy on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:06 pm

Welcome!
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Adz on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:03 am

Welcome to the forum Mark ;)
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby rick on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:18 pm

like the avatar dood :lol:
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby Homer on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Jesus Rick - is that a piccy of Wallace on the piss?

Oh dear I'm making enemies all over the place :roll:
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby rick on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:41 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby mad992 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:05 pm

sounds good ,what do you think of the neoprene seat covers are they comfortable to sit on what does boss think ,im thinking of getting some from the wet seat .com.au....hey nice wheels mate look tuff
mad992

Postby Choady on Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Ive got a set of the wet seat.com covers and they are great. Nice and comfy, fit well and look great. Most of all - excellent value for money. Piccies on my shed.

If you know someone that can pick them up the dude there will look after you with cash.
Choady

Postby mad992 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:46 am

how much did u pay choady and r they holding up well mate
mad992

Postby powerball on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:38 pm

mad992 wrote:sounds good ,what do you think of the neoprene seat covers are they comfortable to sit on what does boss think ,im thinking of getting some from the wet seat .com.au....hey nice wheels mate look tuff

The neoprenes seat covers are awesome. You do however sit a little higher. We bought them purely because after a day of waterskiing you can jump in wet and not have to worry about the seats. The only thing that I don't like about them though is the fact that you can't access the rear centre armrest as it is blocked by the seatcover (not cut out). The best thing is that being factory covers, they fit like a glove. No creases, no sliding, full protection all the time. As far as the wheels, I liked the 22's but when I recently went to visit a friend of my dads in Stanthorpe. Granite rock country. Not being able to resist and the stockies being at home in Brissy I chucked her into 4low and idled up some boulders, dropoffs and steep loose dirt. Loved it! That's where I took the other 2 piks. The one on top of the hill was after climbing to 1000m above sea level. ...........wonder how they would go on the sand?...................honey, get the shovel...grab the mini compressor...we're going for a drive.............. :lol:
Driving at the speed of sound means you can't hear your wife yelling!!!! MORE POWER!
powerball

Postby Choady on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:31 pm

mad992 wrote:how much did u pay choady and r they holding up well mate

PM sent champ. They are holding up great.
Choady

Postby MR T on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:37 pm

knowmad992 wrote:
how much did u pay choady and r they holding up well mate

id love to know also they do look great :)
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Return to Introductions