New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Postby tigwelder on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Hilux or triton hilux or triton hilux or triton: winner is TRITON.
Hi Guys, been tossing up for a while between Hilux and the Triton and to be honest can not justify the extra cash required for the toyota. Have settled on a 09 diesel dual cab GLX-R AUTO in Gun Metal. Looking at getting a family boat this year and need something that i can fit the wife and kids in comfortably and also something that is competent off road. Have just bought a FG turbo ute which could tow it but would have trouble fitting five of us in the front seats of that. Have got the price on the road down to $44,390.00 (reasonable????) at the moment and still working on that. Have been down the track of large 4wd vehicles like the discovery in the past but i like the practicality of having a tub at the back.Anyway have been enjoying reading your posts here and look forward to learning more about how to modify these things to make them even better. Will be looking at aftermarket chips i would say pretty much straight away ,not that i want a fast 4wd as i have the ford for that, but would think that it would make for easier driving fully loaded and for towing.
Cheers
tigwelder

Re: New member

Postby MR T on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:04 pm

where are you geting it from as im looking to get a new one and no one in adelaide is prepared to go lower than $41,000 so im willing to go for a fly if the price is right and the price you got is right :D
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby mad992 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:09 pm

these trucks tow like trains ,iam surprised how well they tow and ride when towing, you dont need the extra power towing its got a heap of torque standard ,they r just awesome towing machines :)
mad992

Postby Buzzy on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:18 pm

Welcome to the site tigwelder.
With a username like that your going to be popular on this site :lol:

Good choice btw ;)
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Choady on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:28 am

G'day Tigwelder,

Try Mitsu Singleton. They seem to be doing good prices just less than $40k drive away. Same for Mitsubishi Blacktown.
Choady

Postby subi_man on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:25 am

yep, two mates of mine from out this way recently bought 09 GLX-R's for less than $40K on the road from Singelton 8-)
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby tigwelder on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:27 am

Choady wrote:G'day Tigwelder,

Try Mitsu Singleton. They seem to be doing good prices just less than $40k drive away. Same for Mitsubishi Blacktown.

Will do, thanks for that choady
tigwelder

Return to Introductions