Just signed up on saturday for new triton

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Just signed up on saturday for new triton

Postby sharmac on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:32 pm

hi guys,
am new too all this. I went and spent 4 hours in the nissan showroom saturday morning to work out if i wanted the pathfinder or the st-r navara, after some financial discussions i quickly realised the pathfinder was a bit over budget but the st-r was right on budget. but after wasnt so keen on its smaller 2.5crd, but after a test drive i was surprised and it seem pretty good. i was about too sign up when i thought i better go and get my other half too make the final decision.
On my way home to pickup the other half to come back to make the final decision i stopped at mitsy toowong and drove the GLX dual cab man diesel, and was blown away. i hadnt even thought about a triton until now.
with the rego due tomorrow on my trade in i knew a decision had too be made saturday arvo NOW i was REALLY confused.

i loved the look of the st-r, its dressed up nicely but really is smaller inside and really quiet basic in terms of interior styling. on the outside though - it looks great.
I picked the GLX 4x4 double cab 3.2 diesel pov pack because they had it for $28,990 abn price - CHEAP but no real good deals on the upper models, so the next price up was late 30's.
So to cut a long story short, i bit the bullet and after doing no research whatsoever on these cars i took a pun and signed up, they even threw in a bullbar, hd towbar and upgraded the poxy steel wheels with some alloys.

now id like to add some sidesteps, rear steps, tinted windows, flares and chrome the handles and mirrors and then it should look ok. im not going to worry about the tray for the moment because i will put a canopy on it soon.

anyway, i hope i havent made the wrong decision. i know its the pov pack but apart from ABS and carpet on the floors it had more features then the st-r. the st-r doesnt have remote c/l, only has a 2 speaker stereo, manual hubs.......but did have flares, chrome mirrors, side steps and rear and yeah, the decisions made now i guess.

anyway, if theres anything i should know about these cars and what, let me know. i look forward too chatting with you all more soon :)

Shaun
sharmac

Re: Just signed up on saturday for new triton

Postby mad992 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:36 pm

hey shaun ,
well u jumped in allrighty mate look you cant go wrong the triton is a whole lotta truck for the money mate, and besides who wants to drive a navara not us anyway :lol:
mad992

Postby sharmac on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:42 pm

i just wish i could have afforded the higher entry models but im sure it will look ok with a couple of minor add ons. i dont want too go too over the top because im a strong believer in "you've either got it or you dont" - thats mainly for commodore exec drivers who dress their shit boxes up too look like hsv's . i dont really want too "try" and be a glx-r or something when its not but i just couldnt leave it as poxy.
ill make sure i place photos of it transition on here.
sharmac

Postby mad992 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:49 pm

what colour did you get , if its black dont forget to register on the poll mate we need some more black :)
mad992

Postby sharmac on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:57 pm

no, the $28,990 special was a bulk purchase (APPARENTLY) and so it only came in -------- white :| , and no option of adding ABS, diff lock or even auto. The ABS i was bit annoyed about but the diff lock isnt a huge thing for me and the auto didnt bother me. the other thing was i was going to pick white anyway. my last 4wd drive was black and after its first trip to fraser it just wasnt the same again........ a very boring package option wise but the price more than made up for it in my eyes.
sharmac

Postby Binksy on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:49 pm

Well done Sharmac.

I also purchased the pov pack and added stuff. Don't forget the stubby holder over the 4wd lever. :lol:

Carefull with the Flares. I purchased the GLX flares and now I need to modify them because they aren't compatible with the mudflaps... I wish the parts guy had of told me that.... :evil:

Enjoy adding stuff and rejoice in the vinyl floors. :D

BTW - White is awesome... ;)

Binksy
So Long and Thanks For All the Fish......
Binksy

Postby MR T on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:03 pm

welcome mate in shure you will have loads of fun in it :D
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby Homer on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:41 am

Welcome Sharmac...and there is only one colour if you take your car off road mate ;) ...well silver is almost as good.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby 09tritonvr on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Good onya mate . ya did the right thing. We don't need more bloody Navaras on the road... :twisted:
09tritonvr

Return to Introductions