Newbie!!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Newbie!!

Postby greeny03 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:42 pm

G'day All!! I am currently thinking of purchasing a new vehichle. Well I have at the moment a 97 Prado but have been thinking of buying a 4wd ute. The Navara was on the cards but of late the Triton has really caught my eye. They never appealled to me when they came out with the way the tub looked but the more I have seen them they do grow on ya!! Have looked through a few posts for info and at this stage would most likely go the VR 3.2 but unsure wether to go auto or manual. any comments or help with issues would be great.
VR Triton
greeny03

Re: Newbie!!

Postby slatstaks on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:08 pm

Gday greenie,
I was the same with the triton look until I watched the 06 Paris to Dakkah ralley and they had a few in the race, after that I was hooked on the look mate. Couldnt tell you the difference between manual and auto as only I only drive manuals I guess it depends what you want it for.
slatstaks

Postby Adz on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:38 pm

greeny03 wrote:the more I have seen them they do grow on ya!!

And behold, a new triton forum was formed...and it was GOOD!! :lol:

G'day greeny03....welcome to the forum mate. ;) Im sure you'll find this place full of all the useful information you're looking for to seal that deal on your new 4x4. ( the triton that is.) :D
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby greeny03 on Sat May 02, 2009 9:28 am

Have been around the traps to all the "stealers"yards(who said ya cant teach an old dog). Have got a reasonable price drive away from Mitsi. BUT I now think of buying..... A Hilux...But am conflicted.
As in the latest 4wd action magazine I cant sort of reason with the price difference. It is about $10K!! That will be for a lot of mods in my opinion!! Having never driven either off road and only seeing them in that situation via the dvd only. It makes me wonder how they compare in this regard. They both have huge ticks in various areas and I am leaning towards buying a VR Triton ute. As stated, if I do I then can put a bullbar,canopy,rack,dual battery and snorkel. The only other mod would be alift kit?? but may wait for a while till I do that.
Just after some opinions,bias or unbias but the Triton on price, servicing and warranty seem to be clear winners. The capabilities 4wdriving are my only concern which are not huge but exist!!

Cheers
VR Triton
greeny03

Postby Buzzy on Sat May 02, 2009 6:09 pm

greeny,
Welcome mate.
Both are great trucks, I was in your exact position a few years ago. At the time I just couldnt justify the price difference between the two. My truck owes me prob around 55k now (have a look in my shed to see the list of extras). 55k on the lux will get you the car a bullbar & maybe a canopy if your lucky, hugh difference.
As for offroad they are fairly equal. Include the $500 locker option though on the Triton and theres no comparison.
Food for though. In the end its your decision...... good luck :)
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby new44 on Sun May 03, 2009 5:36 pm

As a new triton VR Man, Diesel owner, I am glad I did not waste money on the over priced Hilux.
I also drive SR5 Diesel for work. The Triton feels and drives just like the Toyota. My Triton only has 2000 K`s .
I don`t regret my purchase at all. It`s a great truck!!
new44

Return to Introductions