My 08 GLX-R (vr spec) good deal??

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

My 08 GLX-R (vr spec) good deal??

Postby macap001 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:57 pm

Great site, had a thorough look before purchasing my new (used) triton. I think I got a pretty got deal so I'd like to see what you all reckon. Was an ex-mitsi exec car, done 20,000Km's

ML08 3.2L Turbo Diesel (Auto) GLX-R (vr spec) - although the vr spec is now more of a GLS spec
Included in the price were the following factory fitted accessories (keep in mind this was vr spec)

Hard lid
Sports bar
Tub liner
fog lamp kit
Roof racks
Moulded door guards (like GLS)
Reverse camera
Cruise control
Neoprine Triton seat covers (front and back)
& a set of rubber floor mats

All this for $33,200, let me know what you think!

Planning on dropping the nudgebar for arb bull/winch combo, and I didnt get the stock rear step so as to fit the arb tow/step combo. wouldnt mind sourcing a reasonably priced dp chip (heard theyre pretty good. Also does anyone know how the hyclone air filters go with the diesels?

Good to be onboard
macap001

Re: My 08 GLX-R (vr spec) good deal??

Postby Racer on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:01 pm

G'day Maca, welcome aboard mate...this site is a wealth of information...any question will be answered...

I am a little confused when you refer to GLX-R (VR Spec). There is the VR which is the model below the GLX-R???

Seems like a reasonable price mate given it is a GLX-R or above...they are a very solid truck mate...tough engine...just watch out for the carbon issue....
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby macap001 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:15 pm

your're right Racer, the VR is the model below the GLX-R and I was also a bit confuse when I checked the papers and it indicated GLX-R (VR Spec). I gathered that it simply means its a GLX-R with cruise control, but for the fact it only included the nudgebar and none of the other standard GLX-R accessories didn't really convince me that it was a GLX-R.

Practically, at the end of the day, I ended up paying for a VR ($30,200) with the GLX-R extras on top (another 3k) as well as the other little features. I'm pretty happy with it.

Cheers
macap001

Postby 4wd26 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:22 pm

GLX-R (VR spec) when I was buying mine indicated that the vehicle was a GLX-R but factory removal of the nudge bar and hardcover (good for when you were going to put on a canopy.

This package was susposed to drop 2 grand from the price of a GLX-R.

Do you have speekers in the top of the door trim (near the mirrors??) thats possibly the only way to tell, as the dealer would have had access to the entire accessories catologue.

Price is a bit hard to tell, but if the vehicle is the update with super select than thats better value than without.

Dosn't matter if we think you got a good deal (ABN's fleet discount etc) you obviously think you did.

Welcome to the triton tribe
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Homer on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:05 am

Well done mate, welcome.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions