Finally on the road

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Finally on the road

Postby Eureka on Sun May 03, 2009 6:50 pm

hi all,

Finally on the road with my first 4WD vehicle and very happy to find this website. I have used it for info over that last few weeks and hope to contribute something back.

Well...what Triton?

GLX-R DiD Manual Silver (pics to follow soon but bog standard so far)
mits tow bar
front tint

Would have loved the rear dif lock but dealer said nothing available in GLX-R (ANY colour) with that until July!!!.....couldn't wait that long. Doing some reading though the LSD is prob a better option for me until I get the time and ability to use it.

One thing I have cursed about already is the lack of front seatback pockets :cry: This pisses me off and am in the market for something to fix it. Anyone got any recommendations to look at? Needs to be tough and have enough pockets to keep 3 kids happy.

Very happy with the Triton though and 30% from uncle Kev will help :D
Eureka

Re: Finally on the road

Postby Buzzy on Mon May 04, 2009 9:14 am

Welcome Eureka
If you put some seatcovers on they usually have pockets in the for the people in the back.
Mine do anyway.
Get them pics up mate we love looking at std Tritons as much as modified ones 8-)
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Still-Lurking on Mon May 04, 2009 11:43 am

Eureka wrote:
Would have loved the rear dif lock but dealer said nothing available in GLX-R (ANY colour) with that until July!!!.....couldn't wait that long. Doing some reading though the LSD is prob a better option for me until I get the time and ability to use it.

Hi Eureka, welcome..

Bummer about the diff locks and I have no idea why Mitsubishi don't bring more in - seems like a very worthwhile addition for the $600.oo
I'm thinking I will have a long wait for a new Triton with one.. :(

I think ARB are working on an airlocker for the Tritons - might be an option for later.

Have fun with your new truck..
Still-Lurking

Postby Stu on Mon May 04, 2009 2:50 pm

I had an upholsterer put pockets into my seats before I took delivery, $140 and they look factory
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Return to Introductions