New Triton GLS Luv the black revolution

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New Triton GLS Luv the black revolution

Postby Willo on Thu May 28, 2009 6:00 am

Hi Guys,
I have just become a proud new owner of a black GLS Triton V6 Petrol. These trucks are the best thing going at the moment. This site is awesome and I can see that I will be using it regularly for advise from the Triton community.

I am thinking of adding a front bar & lights to it very soon. I am thinking of the ARB Deluxe bar (Winch Compatible), has anyone got one of these. Are they worth the money, or should I be looking at another brand for less?
I am also thinking of throwing on a set of HID Lights, has anyone got a set? What brands do you recommend? If someone could assist me with some advice that would be great. Thanks

Below is a photo of the new beast, plenty of mods to come yet though.

Click to view larger picture
Willo

Re: New Triton GLS Luv the black revolution

Postby Homer on Thu May 28, 2009 6:17 am

Hey mate welcome!

I got my lights off ebay as I think did quite a number of people here and it was all good - no problems. I think mine were about $150-$160.

I think the best gear on the market is Philips, but was more than 5 times the price when I checked and the stuff from Ebay works fine so???

I got 4300K lights (what most manufacturers use BMW Audi etc), but most go for 6000K(is supposed to be the perfect white light) - which gives more of a blue look.
I wouldn't recommend going higher than 6000 as the light only gets bluer (less white) and doesn't light the road properly.
The set you need is H4. That is the headlight setup on the Triton - 1 bulb for both hi and low.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Willo on Thu May 28, 2009 6:28 am

Thanks Homer,
any advice on HID Spot lights as well???
Willo

Postby Homer on Thu May 28, 2009 7:08 am

No sorry mate I haven't got them. But I think a couple of people will be along to help you there.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby mad992 on Thu May 28, 2009 4:59 pm

Homer well said,hey welcome willo good to see another for team black make sure to vote in the colour poll , hey do a search for hid upgrade and look for a guy named NOW FOR THE FIFTH this guy is a legend 8-) cheers and enjoy your ute and this website mate 8-)
mad992

Postby MR T on Thu May 28, 2009 5:34 pm

yes one more to the ranks welcome brother
ge hommer cat got your tongue i thought youd have some thing to say about another better looking tri joining the ranks ;) ;)

as for your questions willo iron man are doing a deal atm that includes a delux front bar whinch and spotties for somthing like $2200(i think havent got the ad with me atm)or they do a set of HID's for about $770 look in a copy of 4wd action they usually have a advert in there :D
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby rick on Thu May 28, 2009 11:12 pm

right model gls ;) .................wrong colour :evil:
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby Homer on Fri May 29, 2009 8:20 am

Sorry MrT and team white I was caught off guard. The missus got me counselling when she caught me cutting eye holes in a white sheet.
I've shrugged that off now (the counselling) and I'm ready to cart it up again :roll:

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby MR T on Fri May 29, 2009 5:20 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby Wallace on Fri May 29, 2009 6:28 pm

Welcome to the site Willo.Plenty of good info on this site and the odd bit of social banter. By the way........ 8-) .............."EXCEPTIONAL CHOICE OF COLOUR " 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun May 31, 2009 12:24 am

Welcome Willo. There is heaps of information here and lots of different opinions on what is the best brand for almost any accessory. I think the Ironman bars are worth a look if you want to save some money and there are quite a few here who are more than happy with them.

As for driving lights - all the big names have HID versions for not much less than Australia's monthly deficit. Choose your lights by looking at the reflector - it should be perfectly smooth, just like your headlights. No-one even comes close to Lightforce for reflector quality and since this is what primarily gets the light out the front end, the better the reflector the better the light. Clear lenses allow for maximum light and range.

OK, so having chosen your light, I suggest you buy the halogen version and fit an HID upgrade kit for about another $100. Easy for most lights (Hella, Narva, Cibie etc.) but a little trickier for Lightforce because they use a special Xenophot bulb. I have 50 watt HID's in Hella Rallye 4000's and that is some serious light.

Good choice of colour - you, along with Wallace and all the other black owners will ensure the continuity of my business and that of all polish manufacturers.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby tassietriton on Sun May 31, 2009 6:49 am

Welcome Willo.
I've got an Ironman polished bar and "Supervision" HDI spots.
The spots are sensational.
Have a look ay my profile for some pics.
Let me know if you need a hand with anything.
tassietriton

Postby Dylan 191 on Sun May 31, 2009 9:16 am

Wallace wrote:Welcome to the site Willo.Plenty of good info on this site and the odd bit of social banter. By the way........ 8-) .............."EXCEPTIONAL CHOICE OF COLOUR " 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Always with the colour
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby Homer on Sun May 31, 2009 9:28 am

The title does say Black Revolution and Wallace is a card carrying revolutionary activist.....apparently came up with the whole Mabo thing while having a beer under the powerlines with some 'mates' at Bonnydoon .....I lub you bruddas......I hab a dream......

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Dylan 191 on Sun May 31, 2009 9:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dylan 191

Postby Wallace on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:56 pm

Welcome to the site Willo.Plenty of good info on this site and the odd bit of social banter

Dylan, read the whole text and try to comprehend it!.................I say no more :cry:
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby Dylan 191 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Wallace wrote:
Welcome to the site Willo.Plenty of good info on this site and the odd bit of social banter

Dylan, read the whole text and try to comprehend it!.................I say no more :cry:

i can comprehend it mate thats fine, was just sayn that u only post if u can end with a ''black'' comment

please please say no more :cry: :cry:
Dylan 191

Postby MR T on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:33 pm

:lol: whats wrong with ending in black :lol:
MR T

Return to Introductions