I've Ordered One

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

I've Ordered One

Postby PeterT on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:12 pm

I've ordered a GLX-R DiD auto, I've never owned a 4x4 before, what happens now?
PeterT

Re: I've Ordered One

Postby boycee on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:13 pm

congrats good choice. hope you got a white one.HAHA. Now the fun begins. 8-) where you from.
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mad992 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:27 pm

PeterT wrote:I've ordered a GLX-R DiD auto, I've never owned a 4x4 before, what happens now?

Well what can i say iam gobbsmacked :? :? :?
mad992

Postby PeterT on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:32 pm

>>hope you got a white one.HAHA

Is there something I should know because I did order a white one and I rang them today and they are having trouble sourcing a white one.
PeterT

Postby MR T on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:42 pm

welcome
no nothings wrong theres just a bit of a fude on here with black v white and im afraid that your on the loosing team now that you confesed to having a white one :lol: ;) any way have fun on the forum
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby Naff on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:36 pm

Not that I have one but here's a plug for team white...

They are only having trouble sourcing the white ones because they are so popular.

As for what happens now, hope your pockets are deep and you have a large wallet. :lol:
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:23 am

PeterT,

i'll read between the lines and assume you are asking "how do i 4wd etc.?"

if you do not know someone well who has experience to lead you and probably are not 'a natural' then complete a 4wd course. plenty around. Most of the good 4wd clubs will provide this as part of original membership and it is usually a very cost effective way to do it. otherwise look in the phone book.

if you go out and have a go without knowing the limitations you can cost yourself a lot of money, or worse........
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:23 am

You are now officially an associate member of team white Naff ;)
That just puts us a nose in front I reckon........I know, I know :roll:

Good luck with the car Peter. Whack your home town up in your profile so we can all come 'round for a barbie.....no it does help for any trips and buying/selling gear and local knowledge, dealers etc.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby PeterT on Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:35 pm

I'm in Brisbane by the way.
On the GLX-R what do the sports bars on the back do apart from take up space?

The sports bar and the hard torneau come as standard issue with the GLX-R, if I order the canopy I guess they take off the sports bar and the torneau but still add the price of the canopy onto the quoted original price, yes?
PeterT

Postby Homer on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:00 pm

From memory I got $750 taken off the price of the car when I didn't want the hard lid...I will have to check exact figure Monday.
But I did it as part of the negotiation so don't know how you'll go after order?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby PeterT on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:43 pm

Thanks for the welcolm lads/ladetts.

I wont change the order specs.
If I decide to put a canopy on later do I just need to remove thew hard lid(that should be easy) and get a custom canopy that goes around the sports bars? or do I need to remove them too?
PeterT

Postby boycee on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:48 pm

you will need to remove the whole lot there peter. they all come off easy and the canopy is pretyy straight forward. good one. 8-)
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Wallace on Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Welcome to the site Peter, good people and lots of good info available to you. Don't worry about the Black / White thing tis all a little fun................. :lol: Isn't it...... ;) WEll, isn't it........... 8-)
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby PeterT on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:44 am

Well my dealer just rang and asked me to choose another colour because they can not source a new white GLX-R auto diesel, hummm.
PeterT

Postby Adz on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:47 am

Welcome to the forum PeterT...Go Silver!! :lol: :lol:
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby ML-VR08 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:03 pm

Go Blue!
ML-VR08

Postby Eelesy on Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:36 pm

GO BANANA!!!!

go banana.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Adz on Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:37 pm

MMMMMM....banana!!! :lol:
Adz

Postby ML-VR08 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:00 pm

MMMMM GO
ML-VR08

Postby Sean70 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Well, I have also joined the "New Triton Gang" I pick mine up tomorrow (Friday) Bit scared also, never had a 4x4 before. I traded in my BA Falcon due to work (Chippy) as it just couldn't handle the rough terrain of some of the job sites and the many boot load trips from bunnings....lol. Pity, I liked my BA but responsibility calls... sigh..... :cry:

I got a 09 VR fully modded up Diesel Auto 4dr. Guessing it won't be as punchy as the BA but I guess it will compensate in other areas.... :shock:

So anyway I'm glad i stumbled onto this site, great to have fellow triton owners to learn and chill with :D

Oh, and just for the record (..... i got a BLACK one......) lol ;)
Sean70

Postby subi_man on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:28 am

Congrats Sean - I reckon after a week or two in the Triton (even if it's black ;) ) you won't be missing the Falcon all that much, the Triton is such a good all-rounder 8-)
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Adz on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:33 am

Well done Sean, you wont regret it...trust me! ;) I used to own a BA Falcon also & loved every bit of it, but now that I have the triton, I often forget I even owned another vehicle! :lol:

Where are you from? If you're fairly local to Canberra, feel free to come along to our next Brindies Trip - See thread here >>CLICKY<<.

Anyway, welcome to the forum guys & enjoy your stay...be sure to search around for all sorts of great info...and dont be scared to ask questions! ;)
Adz

Postby mad992 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:23 pm

Sean70 wrote:Well, I have also joined the "New Triton Gang" I pick mine up tomorrow (Friday)
So anyway I'm glad i stumbled onto this site, great to have fellow triton owners to learn and chill with :D
Oh, and just for the record (..... i got a BLACK one......) lol ;)

8-) 8-) 8-)
mad992

Postby Sean70 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:45 pm

Yippeee :D Picked up my triton....Ahhhh...... Noice ! ...lol,

Loving it so far. I am very suprised at the amount of get up and go it has. (Turbo Diesel) I was thinking that might of let me down a bit as I'm a bit of a middle aged hoon at heart..lol. Only thing I am finding a bit different so far is the wide steering. In the BA a 1/4 turn on the steering wheel is equal to a full circle turn on the Triton. Just a bit different, i'll get used to it :)

I also have a steep driveway that the BA couldn't get up, so I would have to go to the end of the road, do a 3 point turn then get a run up to be able to make it up the top of my driveway. But not with the Triton.... "pffft"..... it just happily cruised up the top without breaking a sweat. :D

I guess the next step is to get into a 4x4 club and learn how to drive it properly (that's if I can bare to see it dirty...lol)

So if anyone could recommend a good beginners 4x4vclub in Melbourne (outer east) that would be fantastic

Well so far very happy as I feel it has been money well spent. Lets hope it stays that way.... ;)
Sean70

Postby snowman on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:58 pm

congrats Sean70. 8-)

yeah the lock to lock is a fair bit of twirling but you do get used to it. only a problem if you need to do a really fast turn - your hands will become a blur :lol: :lol: . i get in the wifes MK and i 'overturn' the corners as you do not need as much wheel input, mind you a far reduced turning circle than the old MK and it is HEAPS better IMHO.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Next

Return to Introductions