New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Postby Snooozy on Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi all,
I thankfully stumbled across this site a few days ago & have already gained a lot of useful info, I will be a regular visitor. Thanks to all those that have posted previously.

Now down to business.
Picked up my new Triton a month ago & love it.
GLX Dual cab 3.2 diesel, (Poverty pack) will build on the extras later-didn't want to pay finance interest on the extras.
For now just tub liner, tow bar & tonneau.
There seems to be a contest on the colour .... its WHITE...

My one mistake is that I let the wife have a drive yesterday...I don't think I'll get the keys back.

About me
I live in central Victoria, 3 boys 25,17 & 16, (only the 2 youngest at home) love the outdoors & especially the magnificent Murray River. I needed to replace the old Ford wagon as I couldn't get the boat in from the bank, also needed something with the power to tow the van (the Ford was struggling & most of the time would run in 3rd gear)

I grew up in the back of a 68 SWB Landcruiser, & have always been a Toyota fan. Have driven late model Hilux's & the Triton wins hands down. The extras I wanted were standard (air con & cruise control ) not like the Hilux -everything was an addon, & it was way too expensive. The Navara was too small in the rear seating area & I heard some disturbing news on their engines & warranty issues.
The deals Mitsubishi were throwing around with ABN, warranty & the price made the Triton a no-brainer.
The only thing I had trouble getting used to was the low geared steering but that only took a couple of days.

Well I think that will do for now, I look forward to chatting with you all soon.

Regards for now.
Ian.
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Re: New member

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:38 am

Welcome Ian,
lots of info available, but it looks like you made a study of what was on offer before purchase.
Silver is the colour, White and Black are just too plain :lol:
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby snowman on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:41 am

good work Ian. and nice post. 8-)

hope all goes well with the new GLX and remember 'looking' at buying accessories is half the fun!!!

i am assuming the two younger ones are keeping you busy with plenty of 'learner driving' are they happy to do it in the new mighty triton? :D
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Wallace on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:19 pm

"There seems to be a contest on the colour"

Ian, welcome to the site. BTW no contest just a little banter between members and heaps of good fun if taken in correct and dutiful meanings. This site is full of knowlegable people and all the info you will require is somewhere to be found, so now it's time to start planning the mod's for the Tri.......enjoy ;)
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby Snooozy on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:30 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Am yet to put the 'L' plates on the Tri but I'm sure it will happen soon.

As for the colour I would have preferred the silver but they were in short supply & I didn't want to miss out. The colour was not as important as making sure I got a Tri at the current price.

Well time to go & check out some posts (I think it will take a couple of weeks to get through them)
sooo many thing to research.

Regards
Ian.
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Buzzy on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Welcome to the site Ian, a good intro from you as well.
I like reading the introductions :geek:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions