New to this forum and new triton

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New to this forum and new triton

Postby Triton09 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Hello every one at NEWTRITON.NET, my name is Gabriel Im from Melbourne I have ordered a couple of weeks ago new 09 GLX-R 3.2ltr Dual Cab in gunmetal grey which I have to wait until end of august to pick up as Im told they all sold out. Also it suits me as I have to sell my Patrol private cause what the dealer offer me was an insult.
I have found this site excellent for information and knowlage as a result of that I started thinking about mods and other things like canopy instead of the hard cover and rollbar, and a bullbar instead of the nudge bar so to make a long story short today I decided to ring the dealer and asked him if they where going to deduct some money of the price for the parts I didn't want, to my sorprice the dealer said that for me they had ordered the new triton Mk 10 I think they called it and he wasnt 100% sure how it wase configured.
Does any one here have any info on them or have seen one. As I said to the dealer I would have to see one and test drive it before Ill take it

Thanks Gabriel
Triton09

Re: New to this forum and new triton

Postby jop on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Welcome Gabriel, not sure on the mk 10, someone will know though.
Mark
jop

Postby daryn on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:52 pm

Welcome Gabriel,

I think, I hope that you mean MY10.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Triton09 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm

It may be is the MY10. he could't tell me to much I have been trying to get some info but I guesss Ill have to wait

Thanks Gabriel
Triton09

Postby boycee on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:59 pm

sounds good. The guys on here really do send you broke with all the mods that can be done, but I just tell the missus that it is all value adding. :lol:
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Wallace on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:18 pm

Triton09 wrote
It may be is the MY10. he could't tell me to much I have been trying to get some info but I guesss Ill have to wait

Welcome to the site, obviously you have had a good look around. As for you dealer lacking information on the vehicle you have ordered I will check with a friend of mine who works for MMAL and let you know............then you can take this info back to the dealer and very gently let him know that he is a cluster and should have been able to give you the necessary information about the vehicle from the get go.........Enjoy the site and most inportantly enjoy the vehicle when it arrives....... 8-) 8-)
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby Homer on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:36 pm

Welcome 09. You might have to change your name if you get an MY10???

Should be a better or at least equal spec to the 09, but stranger things have happened...heard something about changing to 2.5L diesel but nothing other than rumour.

And you should get $700-$750 back for the hard cover.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Triton09 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:33 am

Wallace wrote:Triton09 wrote

Welcome to the site, obviously you have had a good look around. As for you dealer lacking information on the vehicle you have ordered I will check with a friend of mine who works for MMAL and let you know............then you can take this info back to the dealer and very gently let him know that he is a cluster and should have been able to give you the necessary information about the vehicle from the get go.........Enjoy the site and most inportantly enjoy the vehicle when it arrives....... 8-) 8-)

Much appreciated
Thanks Wallace
Triton09

Postby Wallace on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:46 pm

The new model will be available in late October / early November. Will be powered by 2.5lt common rail and the current 3.2 DID will not be available anymore. The power output in the 2.5 DID is around the 131kw mark and no figures were mentioned as far as torque output goes. Will do some more sniffing and let you know............the current models are apparently becoming more and more scarce.......interesting?
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby tubby1965 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:26 pm

welcome triton09
i am also new member , congrats on the new purchase you will fun in it
and good choice on the colour , we put a canopy on ours and see if you can get
money off for the hard cover as you read they hard to sell , we know as our one
is sitting in the carport had our tri now 2 years.
gave her a wash and polish on friday and she looks the same as the day we drove out
of the showroom,

tubby1965
tubby1965

Postby Eelesy on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:43 pm

tubby1965 wrote:had our tri now 2 years.
gave her a wash and polish on friday and she looks the same as the day we drove out
of the showroom

Geez i wish i could say the same bout mine.

gave it a polish a while back and still had all the bush "pinstriping"
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby tubby1965 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:58 pm

Eelesy

ours has got bush pinstripping to plus scratch from the low lifes at the local maccas with a key
some nice lines , has nt been bush for awhile..
tubby1965

Postby Triton09 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Wallace wrote:The new model will be available in late October / early November. Will be powered by 2.5lt common rail and the current 3.2 DID will not be available anymore. The power output in the 2.5 DID is around the 131kw mark and no figures were mentioned as far as torque output goes. Will do some more sniffing and let you know............the current models are apparently becoming more and more scarce.......interesting?

Hi Wallace
I went to see my stealer today as I SOLD my Patrol and If I can believe what he said (My new Triton will have the same 3.2 DID but more powerfull also a 6 cd stacker, colour coded flares may have a slightly different front bumper ,longer tub,
and he will let me know if we are still on target for august 30th
Also he mentioned something like it's probable that it will have stability control as standard)

regards Gabriel
Triton09

Postby tritionspecn on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:49 pm

Hey Triton09,

Great buy on the GLX-R, hope you enjoy it! I also have bought a new triton, but only a glx as I really dont go off roads as of yet, if I like the king of the road feeling and all things good, I may upgrade at a later stage. As I wanted a silver one, non in the country, the stealer said that there was one that was being delivered/ordered to Australia for extra stock blah blah and I could have it! They mentioned that it was to be delivered in the first week of August. I have been curious to hear that there is not much stock in Australia, that there is a model upgrade very soon and another delivery to Australia of the older ones. I am confused!!???!!! I called p to see what the go was for the model upgrade and this was his reply,

"We have no confirmation on the up grade specs as yet! The main difference we believe will be that the Tub will be 400mm longer and that's as good as we know. We are almost certain that it will not get the bonus that is currently going so their would be a big price difference, the other drawback is that these cars are not in production yet and we cannot confirm any delivery dates other than sometime in Sept. You would be best to stay with what you have got!"

I called him up and he also mentioned that It was about to be loaded on a ship shortly etc. Go Figure!!!!

So when you say your getting one, to be delivered late august, possibly a newer model, where would that leave me!!! I dont mind what I get but, I just am trying to work out how this all works. Lol. Wonder if I will be getting mine in late august too!! could have been told yarn cos I said I dont need it for about a month! Maybe they saw an chance to make the deal and then strech out the sale???? Well I guess we will find out soon enough hey!

Well good luck with it all, if ya hear anything or vice versa, will get in touch.

Cheers
Nuri
tritionspecn

Postby Triton09 on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:36 am

tritionspecn wrote:Hey Triton09,

Great buy on the GLX-R, hope you enjoy it! I also have bought a new triton, but only a glx as I really dont go off roads as of yet, if I like the king of the road feeling and all things good, I may upgrade at a later stage. As I wanted a silver one, non in the country, the stealer said that there was one that was being delivered/ordered to Australia for extra stock blah blah and I could have it! They mentioned that it was to be delivered in the first week of August. I have been curious to hear that there is not much stock in Australia, that there is a model upgrade very soon and another delivery to Australia of the older ones. I am confused!!???!!! I called p to see what the go was for the model upgrade and this was his reply,

"We have no confirmation on the up grade specs as yet! The main difference we believe will be that the Tub will be 400mm longer and that's as good as we know. We are almost certain that it will not get the bonus that is currently going so their would be a big price difference, the other drawback is that these cars are not in production yet and we cannot confirm any delivery dates other than sometime in Sept. You would be best to stay with what you have got!"

I called him up and he also mentioned that It was about to be loaded on a ship shortly etc. Go Figure!!!!

So when you say your getting one, to be delivered late august, possibly a newer model, where would that leave me!!! I dont mind what I get but, I just am trying to work out how this all works. Lol. Wonder if I will be getting mine in late august too!! could have been told yarn cos I said I dont need it for about a month! Maybe they saw an chance to make the deal and then strech out the sale???? Well I guess we will find out soon enough hey!

Well good luck with it all, if ya hear anything or vice versa, will get in touch.

Cheers
Nuri

Hi Nuri

Good luke with yours as soon as I here someting I will let you know Th only thing I really knoww is the tub will be only 180 mm extra. the only place I could get some info its the mitsubishi UK site alltough they are not exactly the same you can get some ideas there
which dealer are you going trough I'm buying trough dandenong mitsubishi

Gabriel
Triton09

Postby Triton09 on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:37 am

tritionspecn wrote:Hey Triton09,

Cheers
Nuri

Hi Nuri

Good luke with yours as soon as I here someting I will let you know The only thing I really knoww is the tub will be only 180 mm extra. the only place I could get some info its the mitsubishi UK site alltough they are not exactly the same you can get some ideas there
which dealer are you going trough I'm buying trough dandenong mitsubishi

Gabriel
Triton09

Postby PeterT on Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:02 am

I'm also in the same boat, they could not deliver on my 2009 MY 09 GLX-R Triton but they sat that they have ordered me a 2010 GLX-R, it will be $1900 more expensive than the original deal, they have also told me that it will have a more powerful 3.2 engine and be delivered in September. I've found the dealer to be less than helpful through the whole process, if they fail to deliver this time I'll be naming names and writing to Mitsubishi about them, then I'll probably buy a Hilux, meh maybe not, I do want a Triton.
PeterT

Postby Triton09 on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:44 am

PeterT,
Hi Peter Are you going trough the same dealer Im gong trough in melbourne??

Thanks Gabriel
Triton09

Postby PeterT on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:15 pm

No Gabriel, I'm in Brisbane.
PeterT

Postby tritionspecn on Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi Gabriel,
I bought mine from eastside Mitsubishi, from a bloke Mick. Great service and a pleasure to deal with! He has just come on board, I told him that I did not want all the dealer crap they go on about, was frank about everything and we could do business. I gave him a few hours after my initial visit and when I went back, he had everything set up and was not far off the mark in putting a deal together! Told him I would sleep on it, went back pushed a few more screws and done. I did not mind in waiting for the Triton, cos I had wheels to get around, but will be needing it shortly, so if late August is the go well ........will be a bit peevveed! might have to screw a bit more! :x I just dont have a clue about what will be what, but from his comment, It looks like I will be getting a older version on the final delivery of ML's, but saying that another dealer said that september is the next shipment for the last deliveries ??? that was a chump in Alan Mance. Cop this, I went to suss out a new triton, prospective buyer, he gave me the rundown of no colours not much stock around, but said he had two auto's in white left. We went over to have a look, I said it was ok and if I could test drive one, he turned around and sai nah, we are holding these for customers, what a load of spin, well I told him that I wasn't going to buy a car without driving, would he? I gave him a bit of grief about loosing a sale and as we where walking off I turned around and told him, how could he say to me that he had two availiable and then when I wanted a drive they where on hold! his mouth was to the floor, face as red as a tomatoe and a bit of a spray from me. Typical pricks!
Go Figure! Oh well, we'll keep on waiting and see what happens. Good luck!
tritionspecn

Return to Introductions