Triton Impulse Buy!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Triton Impulse Buy!

Postby tritionspecn on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi to All,

Well, where does one start.................starters, my name is Nuri.

I Have just recently purchased my first Triton. Going against what one wants to actually one needs, I felt that I was close to making a big mistake when I was close to doing a deal in buying what I have come to realise would have been an Inferior Vehicle. A big thanks to my woman, Claire, as she was much keener on the Cool Silver Triton GLX 4x2 D/Cab Disel Auto. She is a biased past Mitsubishi Owner.
In the middle of a career change and finding a use for a ute of some sort, that was going to give me lots of flexibilty as I have three young boys to boot and lots of running around to do, some light duties for the ute and lots of city commuting to and fro work. For a short period of time, the Triton will be the main personal vehicle for us, then will revert to a lesser role with the above mentioned.
The Triton was the pick of the lot over the rivals for me, with regards to what I actually need, and when it came to " NOT BUYING THE GLX-R or even the GLS was very difficult. They are very very beautiful, purpose built vehicles and a bit over the top for what I needed. As one always wants more, we opted for the 4x2 mainly for the fact that trying to find the use for 4x4, apologies to all the 4x4 people, to head out and do what they where actually built for. Also I aint much of an outdoors person, not yet anyway, as I may have had a taste of the rush and thought of it.
My thinking was to keep the Triton for a couple of years and then trade up later and give some lucky bugger a nice ute. I still wanted the looks of the other models, hence the many extra's. I believe I made the right choice and with the brand that is Mitsubishi also. Truely an Impulse Buy!

Love this site and hope to hear and read many more Triton stories and discussions.

If anyone has a similar GLX 4x2 like mine, acutally I pick it up early August as there is hardly any in the country, can you please give some advice to make my driving experience a little more enhanced by way of comfort in the ride and looks.

Thanks again, best wishes and regards to all,

Nuri - Melbourne :D
tritionspecn

Re: Triton Impulse Buy!

Postby Eelesy on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:05 pm

Welcome Nuri :)
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby tritionspecn on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi Eelesy,

Thanks!

Soo much info in this Site!

Cheers.
tritionspecn

Postby daryn on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:27 pm

Welcome Nuri.

Pimp it with some bling
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Wallace on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:32 pm

Welcome aboard.....good info and good people....... :D
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby tritionspecn on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Cheers guys and gals, have had a good read and picking up bits and pieces as I go. Never been this excited over a car, LOL and haven't even got it yet!!! I am a little concerned about my coming vehical and delivery date. I was told about in first week of august, but reading about rumours of model updates ect. Will they bring in 1 last shipment before the update or bring in the new version which I was told by another dealer, not mine, that late september early october was getting the 2010 plated cars. Wonder what is in all this? he could not give me details on pricing or features. So I am wondering when and what I might be getting? Nonetheless surely it should be worth the wait!! :roll:
tritionspecn

Postby Buzzy on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:43 pm

You will love it mate, welcome to the site.
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions