GLXR On Order

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

GLXR On Order

Postby edgecrusher on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Hi Everyone,
Have been reading the forum for a month and finally decided to post.
I have taken up a new job where on completion of my trial I take on a dual cab.
I was in luck that I was given the opportunity to choose my own make and options, I did have strong pushes for the Hilux (from the parent company, they have a fleet of SR5's) and from my plant manager who is a Rodeo/Colarado fan.
Out of everything I chose a GLX-R Triton, the main selling point was the room inside the cabin, and didn't mind the looks.

The only other close options were the BT50 and Colarado (BT50 had limited rear room, colarado too long a wait for a car),
everything else was too $$$, living in a rural centre meant that there was only one dealer of each brand in town, and company wanted to keep sales local.

So in the end opted for a GLX-R in Silver (Company car preffered colour) with Ironman alloy bullbar, factory canopy, tray liner and tow bar, with a uhf to be fitted by the company later.
Probably would have gone a VR but told by dealer that they cannot obtain any until the new model is released, they actually told me that I could only get a white GLX-R before the end of the month, but twisted their arms and made them do a deal with another dealership to swap an incoming silver one in.

Should have the ute this week, (was told I would have it 3 weeks ago, have been given the excuse that the large demand has backlogged the docks/compliancing/shipping of MMAL).

Can't wait to give it a workout
edgecrusher

Re: GLXR On Order

Postby Wallace on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Should have the ute this week, (was told I would have it 3 weeks ago, have been given the excuse that the large demand has backlogged the docks/compliancing/shipping of MMAL).

Welcome to the site and enjoy the new vehicle........ :D BTW Mitsu are not tagging you as these vehicles are very scarce at the moment.....all to do with stock run outs bs bs bs as the new 2.5DID is due to hit the yards in late Oct early Nov.. ;)
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Return to Introductions