Hello from TMR (Team Mitsubishi Ralliart)

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hello from TMR (Team Mitsubishi Ralliart)

Postby McCoy on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:42 am

Hello guys, just thought I'd better introduce myself to you all. My name is Dan McCoy and I work at TMR (Team Mitsubishi Ralliart).

You may know of us within the Triton circles because of the TMR Triton Concept that we built last year. At any rate I was highly recommended to have a look at this online community of Triton owners and have a browse around, thus here I am.

Cheers ~ Dan
Team Mitsubishi Ralliart - Got a question? -> danielm@tmraustralia.com
McCoy

Re: Hello from TMR (Team Mitsubishi Ralliart)

Postby smeghead on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:56 am

Hi McCoy...

You are going to make a lot of blokes very jealous on here. :mrgreen:

And a lot of wives very angry with all the money we will be spending on TMR upgrades... :twisted:

Welcome to the site mate...
Sean

'07 | GLX-R | 3.2 DiD | Manual | Gunmetal Grey

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
smeghead

Postby patto on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Hey mate,

can you sort out my Triton, running terrible..Just got 180km for 36ltrs diesel. Any inside goss on the auto problems that mitsubishi techs are looking at that i am not suppose to know about.
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Postby daryn on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:46 pm

HI my new BFF, welcome to the site.

There is just one rule we have here, no secrets and we all share everything we know :), hangon two rules ;)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Greedy on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:49 pm

daryn wrote:There is just one rule we have here, no secrets and we all share everything we know :), hangon two rules ;)

No rules about the Spanish Inquisition maybe? :lol:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:19 pm

At last..the real McCoy!!

Welcome mate and expect to be swamped a bit. I hope we can contain ourselves a little on the million dollar questions....but if these guys can't control themselves and give you some breathing space before bombarding you with queries....any news on a V6 ECU remap :D
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby McCoy on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, and I'll try to help out and answer as many questions where I can.
McCoy

Postby Wallace on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:09 pm

Welcome to the site............think this thread will be open ended. When are they going to shave some weight from the new Evo to make it more competitive :?:
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby spargo on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:35 pm

G'day.

I have one question. Do you anticipate that the TMR Triton will come in an alloy tray-back option? :lol:

Welcome to the fold!

-ss
spargo

Postby trytin on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:37 pm

Hi Dan, welcome. My concern would be engines over the next 12 months. As I am looking at an upgrade in this time will the 3.2TD be dropped for the 2.5? If the 2.5 is the new way, unfortunatley I will have to go the dark side as I have no faith in these smaller engines.
trytin

Postby boycee on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:57 pm

wow busy man McCoy.

I don't think anyone else has had such a welcoming party.
Welcome. 8-)
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:44 am

trytin wrote:Hi Dan, welcome. My concern would be engines over the next 12 months. As I am looking at an upgrade in this time will the 3.2TD be dropped for the 2.5? If the 2.5 is the new way, unfortunatley I will have to go the dark side as I have no faith in these smaller engines.

Apparently Wallace has the good oil that the new models are 2.5.

I don't think you will be alone there mate. Mits shooting themselves in the foot again....why can't we beat Hilux sales :roll:

Might make the new vee dub a more attractive proposition too - once they iron out the bugs most new models get....and price dependent.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby McCoy on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:03 am

smeghead wrote:Hi McCoy...
You are going to make a lot of blokes very jealous on here. :mrgreen:

And a lot of wives very angry with all the money we will be spending on TMR upgrades... :twisted:

Welcome to the site mate...

Thanks, and as far as TMR upgrades, don't worry, your department of War/Finance doesn’t have to much to be scared of as we only have the Engine upgrade (since it's passed all ADR's including emissions testing) and the Koni suspension package available at the moment.

patto wrote:Hey mate,

can you sort out my Triton, running terrible..Just got 180km for 36ltrs diesel. Any inside goss on the auto problems that Mitsubishi techs are looking at that i am not suppose to know about.

Couldn’t really say without seeing the car, but there is a ‘special learning’ function on the MUTIII (a service tool that Mitsubishi use) and your local Mitsubishi Dealer could use that special learning function to ‘trim out’ the thing. It certainly couldn’t hurt. That’s all I have after giving it some thought without seeing the car.

daryn wrote:HI my new BFF, welcome to the site.

There is just one rule we have here, no secrets and we all share everything we know :), hangon two rules ;)

I’ll try my best.

Homer wrote:At last..the real McCoy!!

Welcome mate and expect to be swamped a bit. I hope we can contain ourselves a little on the million dollar questions....but if these guys can't control themselves and give you some breathing space before bombarding you with queries....any news on a V6 ECU remap :D

I’m sacred just to look at my PM box to be honest, haha! but it is nice having a warm welcome.

Wallace wrote:Welcome to the site............think this thread will be open ended. When are they going to shave some weight from the new Evo to make it more competitive :?:

Not sure, we weren't complaining about the weight after we had a 1,2 finish at the Bathurst 12hr this year. To be honest, If it were any more competitive in production car racing, they would ban it! :lol:

The RS Evo X weighs in at 1,490kg and once you strip them down to their underdurps they aren’t all that much heavier than the last three 'evolutions' of the Lancer Evolution when in RS trim.

spargo wrote:G'day.

I have one question. Do you anticipate that the TMR Triton will come in an alloy tray-back option? :lol:

Welcome to the fold!
-ss

Alloy Tray? I couldn’t see it happening to be honest, but like all things you need to gauge what consumers want, and if it’s alloy trays then who’s to say we wouldn’t. I'm far from a marketing guru, but I'd say If the market calls or more to the point demands alloy trays, then yes, maybe.

trytin wrote:Hi Dan, welcome. My concern would be engines over the next 12 months. As I am looking at an upgrade in this time will the 3.2TD be dropped for the 2.5? If the 2.5 is the new way, unfortunatley I will have to go the dark side as I have no faith in these smaller engines.

I couldn’t say for certain what is going to happen on that front.

boycee wrote:wow busy man McCoy.

I don't think anyone else has had such a welcoming party.
Welcome. 8-)

Your’e not wrong! Took me an entire coffee’s worth this morning just to answer replies within this thread.
McCoy

Postby Eelesy on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:22 am

McCoy wrote:Took me an entire coffee’s worth this morning just to answer replies within this thread.

Geez.... how bigs ur cup??? :lol: :lol:
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby spargo on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:38 am

McCoy wrote:Alloy Tray? I couldn’t see it happening to be honest, but like all things you need to gauge what consumers want, and if it’s alloy trays then who’s to say we wouldn’t. I'm far from a marketing guru, but I'd say If the market calls or more to the point demands alloy trays, then yes, maybe.

Cheers for the reply. I was really just having a laugh. But I'm sure my black VR would look great kitted up in some of the trick TMR gear, along with the shiny alloy tray on the back. :)
spargo

Postby boycee on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:12 am

By the way I forgot to ask. Any Jobs going? :D
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Avenger4x4 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:36 pm

At the risk of opening a can of worms.....

McCoy, how did TMR perceive what happened with TRD? Obviously you guys would've kept a close eye on what was going on, why do you think it didn't work?

Just curious, completely understand if you can't elaborate on the situation.

Jess

oh btw, does TMR hand out 'samples'? :lol:
Avenger 4x4 Accessories
Avenger4x4

Postby McCoy on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Avenger4x4 wrote:At the risk of opening a can of worms.....

McCoy, how did TMR perceive what happened with TRD? Obviously you guys would've kept a close eye on what was going on, why do you think it didn't work?

Just curious, completely understand if you can't elaborate on the situation.

Jess

oh btw, does TMR hand out 'samples'? :lol:

I think Toyota's choice of doing a supercharged V6 was the actual problem, as was real world fuel economy.

Australian's will accept most of what Toyota puts up on offer, as Toyota does have an uncanny knack for being able to package up a car and sell it with sucess based on 'perceived' badge value or reliability alone... even if it is a stinker. The Avalon is a more recent example of exactly that phenomenon. I reckon that if the TRD Hilux had of been modeled on a Turbo Diesel variant, Toyota would have had yet another success on their hands, but they didn't and thats life.

Of course, thats just my opinion and I'm not a marketing guru by any means. As for free TMR samples Jess, it's a pity you didn't ask me this 10mins earlier as I had a spare TMR Triton to give away, and youv'e only just missed out. Oh well, such is life. ;)
McCoy

Postby boycee on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:53 pm

That is going to spark some discussion. Free TMR. :lol:
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Storm Trooper on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:39 pm

McCoy wrote:Australian's will accept most of what Toyota puts up on offer, as Toyota does have an uncanny knack for being able to package up a car and sell it with sucess based on 'perceived' badge value or reliability alone... even if it is a stinker.

QUOTE OF THE YEAR :lol: :lol: :lol:
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Postby daryn on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi Dan,

Can I suggest that you remove your active email link from your sig, the spam robots that trawl the web hunt for these and you will when discovered never be able to stop it, even though you probably get spam already, it is just going to increase it further. Make it a unclickable image if you want or spell it out like "name_at_name dot com dot au(change the at to @ and the dot to '.' ".

Dave (site owner) and mods would let us know if the email icon/link near shed and PM is java protected or not.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:28 pm

McCoy wrote:Toyota does have an uncanny knack for being able to package up a car and sell it with sucess based on 'perceived' badge value or reliability alone... even if it is a stinker.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome Dan. Anybody who can come up with that quote will be greeted with open arms on this site.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Dylan 191 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:52 pm

g'day mate welcome to the site :)

did you have anything to do with the TMR Sprintex magnas that were done a little while back ?? just curious as to what you thought of them
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby McCoy on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:19 pm

daryn wrote:Hi Dan,

Can I suggest that you remove your active email link from your sig, the spam robots that trawl the web hunt for these and you will when discovered never be able to stop it, even though you probably get spam already, it is just going to increase it further. Make it a unclickable image if you want or spell it out like "name_at_name dot com dot au(change the at to @ and the dot to '.' ".

Dave (site owner) and mods would let us know if the email icon/link near shed and PM is java protected or not.

Thanks for the insight Daryn, I think I'll take heed of your advice.

Dylan 191 wrote:g'day mate welcome to the site :)

did you have anything to do with the TMR Sprintex magnas that were done a little while back ?? just curious as to what you thought of them

We built 20 Factory backed TMR 380's and they were fitted with a sprintex supercharger as well as other goodies. How does a TMR 6 piston calliper with a 370mm ventilated and slotted 2 piece rotor sound up front?

Click to view larger picture

Seriously, those brakes are strong enough to stop time!
McCoy

Postby Buzzy on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:48 pm

Dan,
Welcom to the site. I must agree thats a hell of quote you put up.
Should make it your signature instead of your email link ;)
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Next

Return to Introductions