New Member from Brisbane

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New Member from Brisbane

Postby R33F on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:01 pm

Hello all,

Have been a member for a little while, haven't really posted before.

(lot's of reading though)

Well, good news - the Triton is ordered, and will be in the driveway by mid next week !!

Really looking forward to picking it up.

I have ordered the GLX-R in white. Steel Tray (mining spec), Bull bar, tow pack and a few other bits and pieces.

Will be able to fill in "my shed" profile finally !!

- now - back to Tyre Research for me -

Cheers,
"They'll bury the pool, we'll dig it out. They fill it with water, we'll empty it. The bulldoze it, we'll rebuild it. We cannot be stopped" - Dave Ruel.
R33F

Re: New Member from Brisbane

Postby snowman on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:22 pm

welcome and good luck with it R33F.

plenty of tyre info, sure you know where to search by now.... ;)
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mad992 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:30 pm

yeah mate welcome another QUEENSLANDER :P
mad992

Postby R33F on Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:58 am

Thanks for the welcome guys !!

Good to see so much information being passed around in some of the threads as well !!

Really handy.

Cheers,
"They'll bury the pool, we'll dig it out. They fill it with water, we'll empty it. The bulldoze it, we'll rebuild it. We cannot be stopped" - Dave Ruel.
R33F

Postby R33F on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Well Guys, I have been told my Triton should be ready to pick up '1st week' in Sept. Definately getting a little bit excited now.

I called into the dealership on Saturday, to double check that the tray they had ordered was the size I had asked for. (1.600 in length).

I think I drove a pretty good bargain with the dealership, and think I got good value for my dollar.

I also asked them about fitting my spotlights for me (as I had the driving light loom thrown in with the deal) ;)

To my surprise - they rang me back yesterday, and told me when the vehicle was back from the tray fitters early next week to drop the lights down and they will fit and set up for free !!

I have read alot of horror stories about dealerships - and Mrs R33F called me a demanding customer - but I have had pretty good service so far !!

So I guess that anyone reading this - who is in the market for a new deal, my advice would be this:

drive your deal and don't budge on the dollars. Just as you think you are about to handshake, and purchase your new baby - STOP - HOLD POINT - while the salesman's hand is outstretched, get him to throw in your rubber floor mats, driving light loom, and all the little bits that you have been thinking about !!

Lookng forward to posting some photo's for all to see next week.

Cheers,
R33F

Postby jop on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:09 pm

Welcome mate

Which dealersip r33f?

Minecorp tray?
jop

Postby R33F on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:06 pm

jop wrote:Welcome mate

Which dealersip r33f?

Minecorp tray?

Hey jop, thanks for the welcome.

Dealer is Zupps Mitsubishi Ralliart & Peugeot Mount Gravatt.

I was actually really surprised at how good the service has been, and how quick their responses have been after I have signed the deal.

As I said above - was pleasantly surprised when they rang and told me that they had spoken to the Service Manager, and he would fit my Hella's for free.

I actually asked about a Minecorp tray, but don't know if that's the breed of tray I am getting jop. My preference would have been for a TBF (Townsville Body Fabrications) tray, as we have those fitted to alot of our work vehicles, and I think they are a great tray builder.

Although in saying that, the last work ute is was driving was a single cab turbo diesel (Hilux - :shock:) straight from up north (transfered down from a mine site) and was fitted with a mine corp tray, and they are also made fr*ggin tough !!

*all of our work vehicles are Hilux's or 'Cruisers - which made shopping for the Triton so easy, as I have spent so much time in the Toyota's.
R33F

Postby jop on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:15 pm

Mount gravatt eh, good to know we have a decent dealer on the southside.

We have had a few minecorp ladder racks fitted to our company dual cabs and the welding cracked on two of them, one cracked again after being repaired.

Not real happy when your ladder is holding the rack together :shock:
jop

Postby Homer on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:29 am

Welcome R33F,

I would have gone Zupps Mt Gravatt if my mate wasn't selling them. He couldn't beat their deal, could only match it.
They tried the hardest and came up with the best deal when I was making initial inquiries so would recommend them as a dealer to shop with.

Service wise - I took my MK to them with dicky 4wd solenoids - 3 times over a couple of years. They played with them and they seemed to be OK each time for maybe 6-12 mths (actually alternated between them and Motorama, so was hard to nail them on it), but next time it happened - out of warranty - they were "replaced" at my expense $400 +

Also same with A/C compressor - It's noisy - oh just a belt. 6 months later - out of warranty - new compressor. $1,000+

Also paint crazing on the bonnet and roof - left outside in the sun, never washed and 'beachy' was the reason given - weren't far off the mark really. However when looking to trade, the service manager said, bad paint job, you should have had it fixed under warranty. $??????

1 week old silicon wiper blades - replaced at service - without consent with the old crappy Mits blades for $20 something bucks extra.

That's all I can think of at present - but have worse MK transfer case stories with Motorama Mits - cost me easily $7,000
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby R33F on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:39 am

Hey Homer - thanks for the Welcome.

Was there any paint protection on the car ? I would be interested to know. Once the deal was made with the salesman at Zupps, they bought in another Salesperson to go through the extras with me.

I opted for the rust protection, which is a box that is fitted under vehicle. Paint protection for the front of the Body (tray excluded) and window tint for the front of the vehicle.

The Tow, Bullbar, and other accessories I pushed for when negotiating the deal. Then as the deal was being finished, pushed for the rubber mats, driving light loom and a couple of other things to be thrown in for free. I couldn't wrangle seat covers out of them - but knew I was pushing my luck at that stage.

The servicing will be a case of 'proof is in the pudding' I think. I would actually recommend them for their 'sales service'. And will keep everyone informed if their service dept. can keep up the good impression that they have made so far.

Cheers,
R33F

Postby Homer on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:05 am

No paint protection mate, but was a Friday paint job by all accounts.
To make matters worse I didn't look after it at all - washed once by hand and 3 times by the car wash from memory in 5 years which made me believe it was my fault. I just should have asked a painter before the warranty was out, as it would have been fixed.

My service history with them was quite a while ago and things certainly can change, but I think they are all a little bit the same and I learnt the hard way to pay more attention.
I just used to drop the work truck off and pick it up. Look at the bill, shrug the shoulders and hand it to accounts.

I learnt the first thing to do though is tell them to fix/replace/swap/change nothing other than what is in the log book without a phone call.

I agree they were good to deal with on the negotiation to purchase the new ML. Tried harder than the others for sure and would recommend also.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby R33F on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:53 am

jop wrote:Minecorp tray?

Hey jop, found out this morning they are using Brisbane Body Trays.

After looking at their site - they look very similar to minecorp and TBF, and carry a warranty better than the other two.

http://html.brisbanetraybodys.com.au/do ... bodies.htm

(click on Tray Bodies, scroll down, and then you should see a picture of the tray on a dual cab Triton 4WD you can enlarge)

I asked for a Mine Spec. tray, obvioulsy minus the reflective strip. So now I am wondering if it will come with the under tray sliding draw, and the rear boxes ?? I didn't ask for either when I asked for the tray - so will be surprised if they are an inclusion.
R33F

Postby R33F on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:23 pm

Okay, I wouldn't exactly call it 'stalking'... :shock:

but I have been driving past the Dealership on the way home for the past few days thinking

"surely it's got to be there soon, I am picking it up next week !!"

So on my inspection of the back of the dealership this evening - there it was !! :D

Still a few things left to do before I pick it up on Wednesday, but I think it looks friggin great !!

So a sneak peak for you guys.....

Click to view larger picture

R33F

Postby Stu on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:56 pm

you must be like a kid on christmas eve at this point mate, welcome and enjoy
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby subi_man on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Stu wrote:you must be like a kid on christmas eve at this point mate, welcome and enjoy

except someone has been peeking under the tree :lol: :lol:
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:33 pm

Thats a pretty solid looking tray you have, and I will say much nicer in white. How long will it stay like that I wonder :)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby jop on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am

Looks good mate, are you going to colour code the front bar?
jop

Postby R33F on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:09 am

thanks heaps for the comments guys.

jop - not planning on colour coding the bull bar at this stage.
R33F

Postby R33F on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Anyway - little bit of a wait - but now finally have the Triton.

R33F

Postby 4wd26 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:12 am

Congrats mate, If I see you around I've give a friendly "triton" wave.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Return to Introductions