New Member from Brisvegas

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New Member from Brisvegas

Postby nicktinalilly on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi Fellas,

Thought I'd introduce myself since I find myself on this forum quite often research tips and tricks. Awesome site for information and after a few previous post, it's evident you'll get a response very quickly with tons of info on your question.

I've had two tritons now courtesy of the wife, the rain and the insurance company. Thought I'd share a fairly humerous story as an introduction! The lovely wife borrows the triton and runs up the back of some guy pushing the nudge bar back enough to crack the front grill. As we were going away in a few weeks, that day I took it into the assesments centre to initiate the claim process. The next morning it was towed from assesment centre to smash repairer. That afternoon, the combination of rain and king tides saw the smash repair shop completely under water with my car having water up to the roof. Insurance company wrote the car off and replaced my 08 model with an 09 model, all for about $500 (excess).

Love taking the car on the beach and taking the family camping, double island is the favourite spot. Keen to grab a canopy of someone if your selling. Need more room for kids junk!

Cheers,

Nick
nicktinalilly

Re: New Member from Brisvegas

Postby Buzzy on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:23 pm

Welcome to the site nick
Gee what a story :lol:
Bet the insurace mob wernt happy :o

Good outcome for you though
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:38 pm

Welcome Nick, lucky bugger, super select for $500 awesome.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Binksy on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:59 pm

Gotta luv those new for old policies.

:D
So Long and Thanks For All the Fish......
Binksy

Postby nicktinalilly on Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:13 pm

Heh,

Yeah, I was stoked.I forgot to put my reverse camera and tub liner on the policy though. Tub liner was ripped out and installed in the new one and then I just got another reverse camera and installed.

Insurance also gave me 12 months rego which was awesome becuase it was due.

Apparently they auctioned off the old car?

Anyone have a solution for fishing rod holders fitted to the standard nudge bar?

Cheers,

Nick
nicktinalilly

Postby Mongo on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi Nick welcome to the site mate i'd be stoked with that outcome too, we are taking our Triton for its first spin up the beach on Tuesday going to head up to Double Island and then to Rainbow do you know if you can get through to rainbow from the leisha track.
Enjoy the new wheels and Newtriton site.
Cheers Jason.
Mongo

Postby nicktinalilly on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:08 pm

Hey Mate, the only way you can get through is via the freshwater track. The old route of cutting across and then following the beach around to Rainbow you can't do anymore. When the storms came through about 12 months ago they took alot of the sand away but the main problem is the trees that collapsed down and half buried themselves in the sand. If the council came through and got rid of them, you could problem get through in low tide. Now it's impassible.

Freshwater the only route unfortunately.

Check out this posting on a forum I found:

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/537 ... _tide.aspx

It hasn't changed a great deal since then...

Cheers,

Nick
nicktinalilly

Return to Introductions