introductions

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

introductions

Postby ....BeAkEr.... on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:21 am

8-) i have got way too much useless information floating around up in there... :roll:
....BeAkEr....

introductions

Postby OldManGrump on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:03 am

DO NOT buy at Dandenong, bunch of bullshitting dumb [censored], but their service dep has become one of the best in the area, since the NEW service manger took over and fired 3/4 of the staff
OldManGrump

introductions

Postby Buzzy on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:28 am

[b]beaker wrote:[/b]
you guys know that you don't actually need a ABN to get those deals? You can also be a farmer, ask them to sign you up to the farmers federation (takes 5 minutes) and then they can give you a farmers discount (same as ABN)

Thats what I did ;)
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

introductions

Postby Steane on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:30 am

Cyberhonky - I did mine with a Chattel Mortgage as well, 5 years with a 30 percent balloon. To me its no different to a Commercial Hire Purchase deal, same repayments etc just better when it comes to claiming the GST back, according to the accountant.

A 7 year finance term would be diabolical if you were looking to trade-in every few years.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

introductions

Postby cyberhonky on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:24 pm

Steane- i took the 7yr based on the K's that i do, i'd be lucky to 20k/yr, so the 7yr term should see it under warranty for the entire period. if i get keen i might change out after 5, but i doubt it would be any sooner.
Grammar: Lesson 1- Capitalisation.

Capitalisation (n), is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
cyberhonky
Platinum Subscriber

introductions

Postby Steane on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:40 pm

Makes sense cyberhonky. I think the other benefit of the Chattel Mortgage is that the interest isn't loaded into the first few years of the term, meaning you pay the vehicle off quicker in the initial years, than you would with a CHP - I'm no accountant though...
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

introductions

Postby martyboy on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Hey Cyber....I am looking hard at Know at the moment.....have you had anything to do with their service department?
martyboy

introductions

Postby cyberhonky on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:25 pm

marty- only for the initial run in service (i havent even hit 4k yet)- so no. from the get go i've had no intention of using them for service, as i've used the same mechanic in bayswater for a long time (they do bucket loads of 4wd work) and he's never let me down, so he was always gunna get the work on the new one.

my missus does have an Outlander which has been there a few times for warranty/minor issues and they've been pretty good at those times though.

hope this helps

Capitalisation (n), is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
cyberhonky
Platinum Subscriber

introductions

Postby shane308 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:43 am

g'day people shane here and i drive a 06 dual cab sr5 hilux with a bit of kit on it.....DONT SHOOT. any way now thats out of the road i'm a chippy from canberra and love my 4x4ing, shooting, camping, trailbike riding ect, preety much any thing that gets me out of town, look forward to catching up for a bush bash with any other canberra blokes that are keen.;)
shane308

introductions

Postby cyberhonky on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:09 am

lol Shane- love the "dont shoot" comment - and welcome aboard

cyberhonky
Platinum Subscriber

introductions

Postby ....BeAkEr.... on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:12 pm

*loads gun*
....BeAkEr....

introductions

Postby Magilla on Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:43 am

I also think with chattels mortgage loans you can write off the tax component straight away.
Magilla

introductions

Postby Greedy on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:34 pm

Just got harrassed by the NewHilux site to fill in the introduction so thought I'd better come back here and do the right thing by you guys as well. My name is Greg and I live in the Adelaide hills. Signed my money away just before Easter with the promise of a week to get the car (VR Triton diesel manual) from Victoria. I'm told it is now here 3 weeks later but still waiting on a delivery date from the dealer. Currently having canopy, roofrack, towbar, cruise, bullbar and tray liner added. I can't wait much longer without repercussions Mitsubishi if you bother to read these forums. The triton will be very welcome as it means I can remove two horrible (read old and worn out) cars from the driveway. The dunnydore wagon and the 60 series cruiser will go. I was tossing up between the hilux and triton. Given I'm 6'4" and my boys are likely to be as well, the triton won quite easily in the end. Groin muscles were a tad sore after an hour in the hilux back seat but that's another story.
Cheers
Greedy
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

introductions

Postby boo-ya on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:55 am

Well thought i would say hello, now that i have signed up. My name is AL and i live just out of hervey bay in a small town. The mitsi is actually my partners car for her work. She is a contractor to a builder in the bay, Im a truckie but get to enjoy the triton on the weekends.
Love the truck so far, shoulda bought it earlier than waiting for so long. Look forward to chtting with people here and doing some mods
Cheers AL 8-)
boo-ya

introductions

Postby Magilla on Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:00 am

Booyah welcome on board. Win win situation by the sounds of it for you.
Magilla

introductions

Postby Tars on Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:09 am

Hi All
I thought I better introduce myself as well. My name is Tars and I am Greedy's handbrake. When we were researching what kind of ute to buy I came across this website and joined up. We are due to recieve our new baby tomorrow which I am looking forward to. Getting rid of the old faithful tojo landcruiser and commodore to make way for it. I am sure Greedy will provide you with all the details of our new arrival soon.
Cheers
Tars
Tars

introductions

Postby Magilla on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:38 am

Hi Tars, sharpen up the credit card, goin on yours and greedys questions its gonna get a bit of a workover when the ute shows up.
Magilla

introductions

Postby Greedy on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:24 am

The beauty of buying a triton vs hilux. Still a bit of change in the sky rocket
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

introductions

Postby Dallas on Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:46 am

Hey All,

I'm Dallas, live on the Goldy.

Took delivery of my petrol VR Triton last month. Got a great fleet deal through work on a salary sacrifice arrangement.

I'm a paper pushing accountant by trade, working for an electrical contracting company. The Triton is my first 'real' 4WD, we still have our old X-Trail which has been a great vehicle for camping and towing our camper trailer about, but I'm really looking forward to getting the Triton offroad when we next go camping 8-)

Only option I took was the Mitsi Tow Bar (altho wish I hadnt now after reading everyones comments about it being too low), but am slowly piecing together extra bits, I've lined up a nudge from Subiman which I hope to see in a week or two, and hopefully organising a hard tonneau with Mantis this week 8-) then all I will be missing is Bluetooth and some GLX-R badges (but will have save a couple of grand along the way)

Joining the forum has been great, I've learnt alot about my ute, and picked up some good deals on surplus accessories which is a bonus!
Dallas

introductions

Postby subi_man on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:32 pm

Bump - I see quite a few new members here who haven't introduced themselves 8-)
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

introductions

Postby barraxt on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:47 pm

Ok, ok...

My name is Ken and I am an insurance broker (own business) in Toowoomba Q. The Triton came about because we wanted to get back into 4wds and I was putting too many k's on the SS...so the wife's car went, we get to keep the monster (358kw / 602NM)and I got the GLS Triton...GLS because it has a power seat and I could not stand the seating position of the GLX-R...and I got a sensational deal on the last of the Manual DID GLSs.

We chose the ute for its versatility. We fish up the beach, tow the camper trailer on trips, get fire wood, cart my daughters quad to friends farms, carry the MTB to remote places etc...

The funny thing is: People are all about perceptions. When I go to cotton properties to see clients I can drive either vehicle. Cattle properties the ute and corporate/commercial clients in Brisbane (Sydney, Melbourne...usually a hire car) is the SS. It's the same as wearing a suit in the CBD of a capital city and jeans, T Boots and Shambre out west.

Best of both worlds.
barraxt

introductions

Postby Jitsukablue on Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:15 am

I've been on here a while and it seems I haven't introduced myself! My name's Rowan.
I'm in Perth, lived in UK for years and finally got around to coming home. Picked the triton because it's not overpriced and has a decent warrenty, and is safer than the old triton / other utes.
Background, automotive development company, TV sports camaera company, now in oil and gas.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

introductions

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:09 pm

Hmmm, me too.

My name is Chris. Live in Canberra and have a small business doing detail paint repairs (touch-ups, small spray jobs etc.).

I've been driving 4WD's for about 14 years and the ML will be the fifth Mitsubishi (hence the handle). I'm in a 4WD club and try to get out as often as I can (which isn't anywhere near often enough!).

Took delivery of the new car this week and, so far (120km) I think it's going to be a beaut. Love the extra power and flatter torque curve over the MK and chose the V6 because I just don't do enough kilometres to get back the extra investment and running cost of the DI-D.

When I first joined NewTriton I was impressed with the cameraderie and the way you guys share information. Hope I can contribute a little too.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

introductions

Postby ....BeAkEr.... on Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:04 pm

You can start with your credit card details mate :roll:
....BeAkEr....

introductions

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:19 pm

If you want my credit card you're welcome to it.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions