Introduction - G'day all, im mmaaxx

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Postby Stu on Mon May 19, 2008 5:29 am

let me know if your going to the weir guys
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby sam on Mon May 19, 2008 6:10 am

mmaaxx I thought that's why you had gone the reset path as I had my own 4WD business back in the 80's and spent ALOT of time doing suspension kits in mainly Pajeros, Cruisers, not so many Patrols, L200's/L300's and Suzuki's.

Had great success with HOT resets form a bloke in Midland but found many after market (not all) springs actually lost travel. ;)

Had a 1.3 Ltr Zuk LWB narrow track that I managed to get 300mm of travel out of front and rear 8-)
That's why I wanted you to measure your flex
;)
sam

Postby GLX-RSilver on Mon May 19, 2008 7:46 am

hey sam yes the flex shots are with standard suspension. I'm sure i will have more flex now as the new rear shocks are 2inch longer then standard and at full drop the brake lines are tight. Can't wait to test it out.
GLX-RSilver

Postby GLX-RSilver on Mon May 19, 2008 7:51 am

Yeah mmaaxx sounds good about some comparisons shots at melton weir just need to get my rear brake lines done first. Cheers You lucky with brake lines as hiluxs only have 1 tritons have 2 so i guess it'll be double the price. I'm not worried about going snake racing i'll just get some normal rubber ones done for noble park brake and clutch as they have done my last 2 sets at a good price fitted eg. $80. I looking at about 4-6inches longer so i won't need to change them again if i go a higher lift. Cheers
GLX-RSilver

Postby mmaaxx on Mon May 19, 2008 10:34 am

triton stu, yeah will let you know mate, maybe try and organise something one of these sundays in a month or so....works bloody hectic atm!

sam, yeah spot on mate, Im surprised why not more people decide to go the reset route, done properly there isnt much wrong with it. its just because all these big name suspension places demonise the little people like me who decide to do things a bit cheaper rather than go with their product, atleast thats what I think. My rear end is proof resetting is ok, and Im not talking about my butt ....LOL 8-)

glx-r, no rush mate, take your time. I dont know any other new hilux owners round these parts, would be good to get 2 of each with different mods for a twin forum comparo, would get the keyboards running hot dont you think?....ha ha ha
The Punisher's Build - - http://www.newhilux.net/myshed.php?view=1&id=35
max@monsterrides.com.au
mmaaxx

Postby GLX-RSilver on Mon May 19, 2008 10:41 am

Hey mmaaxx what did it cost to get you rear springs reset? Whats the maximum they can be reset 2inches? I'm planning of keeping me standard suspension so i may get them redone.
When we go to the merlin weir i'll leave the bug hole to you i prefer hill climbs then deep mud holes atleast i can give my factory diff lock a work out. Cheers
GLX-RSilver

Postby mmaaxx on Mon May 19, 2008 10:46 am

My neighbour owns a suspension business in Kealba, near us, just off sunshine avenue, PM me and Ill give ya his details. not sure on what it cost me but it wouldnt be much. I personally would reset them more than 2 inches as the "resting" position of the rear shackle would be too low any more than that.

his mate hilux is reset almost 5 inches in the rear, but as Ive mentioned elsewhere, its mainly for show.

do a 2 inch reset, add a 1 inch block to the rear as I have with shocks that suit and you'l be right.
The Punisher's Build - - http://www.newhilux.net/myshed.php?view=1&id=35
max@monsterrides.com.au
mmaaxx

Previous

Return to Introductions