Dual cab rear window potential leak

Anything Triton related

Dual cab rear window potential leak

Postby 5immo on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi All
I reacon that this could be a problem as a few members have already found out. My ML 06 has a leak in the rear cab window. It leaks around the rear 1/4 part. My carpet is soaked(took a while to notice as i have genuine mats plus rubber mats on top). Mitsi dont want to know about it as its out of warranty so I had a windscreen company around today to fix it and he laughed at the pathetic attempt to seal the window. It only has a flimsy piece of foam/rubber around the 1/4 parts from the factory. He ended up sealing with sealant and looks like it wont leak again. He is coming back to do the other side tomorrow in case that wants to leak at a later date. Just thought id put it out there as there could be other trucks with the same problem, act before its to late esp before warranty runs out. Easy enough to locate by pulling the back seat forward and removing some clips on the back panel. I also have rust marks on the bottom of the rear seat and the staples at the back of the seat are rusty(wished id seem them earlier) :)
5immo

Re: Dual cab rear window potential leak

Postby kevin on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks for the heads-up! Haven't noticed any leaks as yet on the MN and I hit the rear window pretty hard with the Gerni.
MY'10 MN GLX-R auto
MY'03 Forester XS
https://www.offroadsubarus.com/
kevin

Postby 5immo on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:48 am

Just an update, well the new sealed 1/2 r/h rear window was still leaking a little, nowhere near as much though. Had the window man round and he found another problem. The seam under the rear roof trim has a small hole/crack in it, maybe it wasnt sealed propley from the factory but that was leeting in a bit of water too. Also has anyone else noticed the really bad design on the rear window bottom seal? The more i investigate my triton the more im starting to dislike it :(
5immo

Postby Diablo on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:13 am

I'm sure there is an issue with the design of those little rear windows. About 2 years ago mine just shattered as I was driving along. There is no way anything hit it, it just went pop :twisted:

Mitsubishi could not tell me why it happened or even if it's a common problem. But getting new glass was same day just glad it was covered on insurance as it's an expensive piece.
Recoveries.......
Recovered.
1. Fridgie x lost count (in the 20s I recon)
2. Kyle x 1 (Coomera)
3. Joe x 1 (Coomera)
4. Perko (LCMP)

Recovered by.
1. Joe @ City View
2. Fridgie x Lost count (in the teens)
3. Joe @ Coomera

4. Bounce23 @ GH
Diablo

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:28 pm

The dreaded cab leak had struck. Found carpet on rear passenger floor soaked.

Found an English guy's YouTube clip re the gutter trim.

I think he's hit the nail on the head.

I found the end caps had heaps of dirt packed under them, forming a dam and the resulting water finding it's way through the screw retainer. Silastic into the nylon bung and over the seam has stopped any more water.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Return to General Discussion