eBay snorkel copies

Anything Triton related

eBay snorkel copies

Postby JoshGLS on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Hey guys just wondering is it worth saving for a top line (safari/air tech ) than a quick fix copy from eBay?

Any feed back would be sweet

Cheers

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?elryp3
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot
JoshGLS

Re: eBay snorkel copies

Postby fridgie on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:10 pm

If i had my time again I'd have gotten one from 4wd supplies ;)

IMHO its the install that you need to be careful with
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

eBay snorkel copies

Postby Brett05 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:24 pm

fridgie wrote:If i had my time again I'd have gotten one from 4wd supplies ;)

IMHO its the install that you need to be careful with

^^^^ what fridgie said..... oh...hang on...I did get mine from 4wd supplies...:lol:....great snorkel, great bloke to deal with. Installing any snorkel yourself is/would be a pain in the arse......got to watch out for the right side indicator wiring. One slip with the drill and its gone.....:lol: I ripped mine out....did I say that. :shock:
If I pushed a copy of myself off a cliff, because he was swearing. Could I be charged with making an obscene clone fall ?
Link to Centre Bearing Mod viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6394
CAD & PDF files Centre Bearing Mod http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/download/file.php?id=638
Brett05

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby silverbull on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:41 pm

I've been looking at a snorkel for my MK Triton and found a seller called direct4x4accessories
He's got a descriptive post here about his snorkels: http://reviews.ebay.com.au/Facts-on-buy ... 0017394132

Doesn't have a later model triton snorkel listed at the moment but his post lists the later models so you could contact him. They look good and his feedback is good for the number of sales. Couple of neutral feedbacks about fitting them but not too many.

edit*** just noticed from your pic you are a MK also, so right up your alley :D
silverbull

Postby JoshGLS on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:01 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:More information here:

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=10827

Thanks Mate :)
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot
JoshGLS

Postby JoshGLS on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:04 pm

silverbull wrote:edit*** just noticed from your pic you are a MK also, so right up your alley :D

Well we must be the (only ones) how have you gone with suspension stuff? I'm still saving for that part but Tuffdog look like the goer for me, a mate of mine works at AFI parts place and gets them at trade price :D

have you gotten the snorkel from ebay or still just looking :shock:
JoshGLS

eBay snorkel copies

Postby motoz on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:12 pm

I bought my MN snorkel from those guys. I paid $149 + $20 delivery !!!

Great quality with all fittings, template and brackets.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby JoshGLS on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:28 pm

motoz wrote:I bought my MN snorkel from those guys. I paid $149 + $20 delivery !!!

Great quality with all fittings, template and brackets.

Thanks MOTOZ! mine will be ordered next week :D
JoshGLS

Postby silverbull on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:15 pm

JoshGLS wrote:
silverbull wrote:edit*** just noticed from your pic you are a MK also, so right up your alley :D

Well we must be the (only ones) how have you gone with suspension stuff? I'm still saving for that part but Tuffdog look like the goer for me, a mate of mine works at AFI parts place and gets them at trade price :D

have you gotten the snorkel from ebay or still just looking :shock:

I'm actually booked in with Ultimate tomorrow morning for them to inspect and advise on the suspension.

I've not bought a snorkel yet but probably will from that ebay seller. I'm focused on getting the suspension fixed plus I need a bash plate as my factory one is broken to bits. I'll probably post in the group buy section to see if enough interest for MK bash plates group buy in the next couple of days. If theres someone in Brisbane interested then we can talk to Prestige in these forums to make bash plate, if not I've found another mob who make them.

If you get the snorkel i'm really interested how it goes. I'm a petrol and looking at the snorkel parts pic on ebay i can see one of the pieces looks like it's going to come behind the headlight and in to the engine bay but i cannot picture how it's going to twist back around to connect to my airbox. Would be different to the diesel but really mostly interested if all the brackets fit properly ect. I'm probably about two months away from buying the snorkel.
silverbull

Postby JoshGLS on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:25 am

That sounds like a good idea going to get them to inspect it and advise you, let me know what they deside to do with it all, Im still saving for my suspension.

I'd be keen on a bash plate mines looking a bit worse for wear after a trip to moreton island haha!

yea i'll be putting the install of the snorkel up on here

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10874
Cheers

JoshGLS
JoshGLS

Postby silverbull on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:47 am

Hey Josh, did you get that snorkel? I'm going to order one soon so am keen to know how you went :?:
silverbull

Postby har05l on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:24 am

I got an ebay special at $139 which is the safari copy. Came with all fittings and template but no instructions. It's not rocket science so was easy enough to work out what went where once all the parts are out of the box. It took around 3 1/2 hours to fit but that included a lot of standing around (thanx alco ;) )

It was tested in the H/C with deep river crossing and was as dry as a ducks a$$hole after every crossing. Some of my counterparts with the more expensive gear had leaks but this I think was due to poor fitting :oops: :lol:

Sometimes cheap does work 8-)
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

eBay snorkel copies

Postby joelzo on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Har05l who did you buy off? Was it ocamindus?
hmmm 255 character limit hey...
joelzo

Postby AussieTriton on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:58 pm

I bought mine from Julelife on Ebay, $139 + postage and finally got around to fitting it today. Took my time, lots of patience and double checking and it came out fine. It even comes with a new coolant bottle that fits where the original one goes and requires 2 self tappers to hold it in place. Too bloody easy :D
A few tips for those wanting to self-install......
..For the flare pins, use a 7mm 12 point socket, push it gently of the end of the pin INSIDE the guard, with a little working, the pin will pop right out of the hole without breaking.
..Buy a step drill for the stud holes, its much easier than changing drill bits and is easier to get thru the thin sheetmetal.
..Dont be too generous with the mastic.... it makes a bloody mess and you cant help but get it on everything.... :roll:
AussieTriton

Postby Crash486 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:43 am

Anyone ever fitted one of these and can verify their filtering claims? http://www.airflowvector.com/faqs.php
Crash486

Postby viking shippy on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:50 am

^^^^^they sell Toilets and snorkels lol...
viking shippy

Postby ickey88 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:03 pm

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if there is anyone in brisbane willing to do a cashy to install an Ebay snorkle on my mn triton?
ickey88

Postby Four of us on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:59 am

X 2......I would be keen for that as well....if the eBay ones are any good...
Four of us

Postby Koala on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:00 am

Just fitted one of the Airtec look alike ebay snorkels to my MN.
Click to view larger picture
Click to view larger picture
Out of the box it looks like good quality, came with good accurate templates but no fitting instructions for $141 free freight. It comes with a new bracket to reuse your old coolant bottle.
The gap behind where you cut the hole in the mudguard is not wide enough to accept the tubes without trimming and then unbolting the mudguard to give enough room to fit everything in place.
I guess that I got what I paid for and it looks OK.
Next time I would likely spend the extra to get a name brand and would expect that it would be a easier fit and take less time.
If anyone in Canberra would like to borrow my 114mm and 98mm holesaws then you are welcome to message me and drop in and attack your car while I watch :))

Koala
Koala
Platinum Subscriber

Postby wildturkeycanoe on Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:43 am

My snorkel only cost $62.50 delivered. 4 hour install and works brilliantly. Can't complain one bit, except it didn't come with hose extension to relocate the rad overflow bottle or rivets for A pillar mounting. Love the deep throaty sound at 1800rpm with slight throttle, sweeeet.
2019 MR GLX+ manual. Stock for now...the future is always evolving.
wildturkeycanoe

Return to General Discussion