WASHER BOTTLE REPLACEMENT

Anything Triton related

WASHER BOTTLE REPLACEMENT

Postby JTASTW on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi all,

I have had a look around the various forums and have not found a definitive answer yet.....

Has anyone solved the issue of the Factory Fitted Washer bottle hanging so low yet?

I just rang TJM and they informed me that they have a replacement bottle that comes with their bull bar that may or may not be compatible with my ARB bar. The kicker was they wanted $30 for the bottle, $75 for the bracket and another $75 for the bolt kit!

So if anyone has solved the problem for less then $180 bucks (not including installing it) I would love to hear about it so I can get rid of the "low rider" panels underneath my bull bar.

CHEERS!
JTASTW

Re: WASHER BOTTLE REPLACEMENT

Postby GLX-RSilver on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Hey there, i'm in the process of making my own stainless steel washer bottle replacement as i also don't like the lower bullbar covers. I have a ironman commerical bar and want better approach angle so i'm making one.
I'll post it once i have finished it just have too many projects on my car at the moment.
Cheers
GLX-RSilver

Postby JTASTW on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:18 am

Well if that is the way to go I may as well look at doing the same thing. I was hoping that there was a "silver bullet" solution to the problem so I didn't have to re-invent the wheel!
A couple of blokes I work with are pretty handy at making things like that but they are thirsty when it comes time to settle the bill for their work!
If I get it done first I will let you know.
CHEERS!
JTASTW

Postby Stevo8 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:30 pm

I got the TJM Bar and therefore their washer bottle.
I'd just pop the $30 for their (TJM's) bottle and go a couple of decent (thick) cable ties and tie the sucker on.
Easy fix. Decent cable ties will last for ages. ;)
Stevo8

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:42 am

I priced up the TJM one up here in Brisbane ($120) for all the bits.
problem that I see if this option is the small size of the TJM bottle over the standard bottle. And if the 4x4 is going to be used as such you need all the water you can get sometimes.

Mind you $120 would probably do the trick until I could come up with something better
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby jop on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:11 am

Does the tjm bottle use the factory pump?
jop

Postby ag9111 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:18 am

GLX-RSilver wrote:Hey there, i'm in the process of making my own stainless steel washer bottle replacement as i also don't like the lower bullbar covers. I have a ironman commerical bar and want better approach angle so i'm making one.

Same issue here. I'm in the process of modifing my standard bottle. Cut in half and used silastic to glue on a piece of perspex. Going to fiberglass over the top to make it a bit more solid as i am having problems sealing with all the water movement. Still holds a respectable 3.8 litres. Will put up some pictures.
Replaced the covers with 5mm Aluminium checkerplate.
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby trytin on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:30 am

Guys, why not put the soft pastic bag ones in. My brother put one in an old series 1 landrover years ago to get registered as they didnt come standard. These work great and come with everything in a kit. The bag can be fit anywhere you want to squease it in.

Just did a Google and found one straight up at derek.com.au in SA sell = $32
trytin

Postby jop on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:41 am

jop

MN washer bottle

Postby sblackwell7 on Sun May 28, 2017 7:15 am

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a washer bottle that will fit under the bash plate of a ironman bullbar.I bought the bar from OCAM 4x4 and they suggested I make one out of PVC stormwater pipe,but I'm hoping there is something better on the market.
Thanks in advance
sblackwell7

Postby Minza on Sun May 28, 2017 11:22 am

I've got xrox bar on mine and that came with the bladder style washer bag, simply hang some hooks on the back of battery box and hang the bladder, works fine for me came with motor on the bag so it was a simple install. ;) I have seen a picture in a post here somewhere just have to have a search.
Minza

Postby Enid_Triton on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:33 pm

I'm sorry for the Old post revival, but I stumbled upon this on Google & I thought I would give some info to anyone who is still trying to find a washer bottle alternative for a MN Triton that suits a high bull bar. Well, you simply make your own from fiberglass.
You leave the original bottle fitted measure the length you need then take it out & cut the bottom half off the original bottle, then split it into two halves with a dremel and use these two halves as molds (fiberglass wont permanently stick to it). Then join the halves back together with fiberglass, relocate the pump & make a bottom.
I have done it with success & if you want a detailed description just PM me & i can give you a step by step guide.
Enid_Triton

Postby Thongsbot3000 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:19 pm

After smashing mine camping. I thought what a dumb spot to put it. I end up getting my whipper snipper 1L / 2 stroke fuel mixer bottle, drilled a hole in bottom, mouted the pump and wedged bottle in between battery and chassis. Iv been waiting for mechs to pull me up on it, but so far so good
Thongsbot3000

Return to General Discussion