Odd power loss issue - 07 GLXR

Anything Triton related

Re: Odd power loss issue - 07 GLXR

Postby trition1 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:39 pm

In NZ. No blanking plate and yes had fancy computers attached just shows throttle body at zero when faults, everything cleaned including manifold. Sending to Mitsi agent next week at a loss after a year.
trition1

Postby schwartz101 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:36 pm

Ive had the same issue for about a year; going into limp mode and throwing P0106 codes. I'd Pull over on the side of the road (engine off engine on) and runs fine again. This is now occurring multiple times on the way to work, so I purchased an OBD reader from Kings and have noticed the TP throttle position is all over the place, sometimes 100 at idle but usually 20.4 at idle. the TP readings under load are nearly always 100 and only drop down when accelerator pedal close to idle. When I decelerate the TP goes straight to 100 position. All other indications while driving; MAP and MAF indicate correctly and linearly for the Accelerator pedal position. I pulled the inlet hose to the throttle body off and manually moved the throttle butterfly to find that the OBD reader showed TPS smooth linear increments from 0 to 100. HELP!!! what should I look at next? Does it sound like a throttle body issue (throttle butterfly motor?) or an ECU issue?
schwartz101

Postby RHKTriton on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:26 pm

The motors on both the throttle and egr can die eventually.

I'd start by cleaning the contacts on the throttle connectors (with contact cleaner) and put a bit of preload on the plug pins by giving em a slight twist, if possible.

Then there is always the old 'garbage in garbage out' factor lurking in the background. If any of the sensors such as MAP, MAF, etc have intermittent contacts or are faulty, the ecu will have spack attacks.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby kristofferking on Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:27 pm

AussieRob78, hey man.. this is quite an old topic.. but might wanna ask what did you find out about this issue? did you successfully fixed this? what did you do? hoping for your reply :) i had the same issue :(
kristofferking

Postby MattEH on Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:57 pm

Had the same issue, odd power loss, was like driving N/A.
Turns out it was a small piece of vacuum hose at the bottom of the brass colored pipe leading from the MAP sensor to the to of the intake manifold.
Trouble is you won’t find it unless you take the EGR assembly off and the upper part of the intake manifold.
Just follow the MAP sensor all the way to the block. It’s MAP sensor, vacuum hose, brass pipe, vacuum hose, manifold.
It’s basically a 20 cent piece of hose in the depths of hell..!!!
MattEH

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:57 pm

There is Modification you can do to move the map sensor pipe to a better spot on the upper inlet manifold.

Earlier cars had problems with the sensor pickup point being so low down, with the port getting blocked by soot collecting in the lower manifold
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Previous

Return to General Discussion