Fuel rail pressure sensor replacement

Anything Triton related

Fuel rail pressure sensor replacement

Postby Fritters77 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:34 am

2013 glx-r ..Ute went into limp mode and wouldn’t start error code was p0191Fuel rail pressure sensor...
Has anyone replaced there’s and did you use a genuine Mitsubishi or after market ...
Also when replacing how long did you wait to make sure there was no pressure before unscrewing..
Thanks in advance.
Fritters77

Re: Fuel rail pressure sensor replacement

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Fritters77 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:02 pm

thanks for that I did read through that thread already .I dont think mine is leaking .
I’ve been told by my mechanic to go the genuine one instead of aftermarket hoping someone could shed some light on what option they went.....
Fritters77

Postby aids84 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:52 pm

I don't think you'll be able to get one from Mitsubishi seperate to the rail. They sell the rail,sensor and limiter as an assembly. Replacing the rail usually means you should change the feed and injector pipes as well.

Rail pressure drops away pretty quickly once the engine is stopped, give it 30 seconds and you'll be fine.

Don't think I ever recall replacing a rail on a Mitsubishi in 9 years in the workshop at a dealer. I'd be making sure it's not the suction control valve or a dodgy injector throwing the code before putting a new rail on it.

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/l200_20 ... dex_M1.htm
aids84
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Fritters77 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:56 pm

Yeah I’m not 100% sold on the rail sensor ...
The car only has 80k on the clock wouldn’t think it would go so early ...
Haven’t changed the scv but wouldn’t think that would go with little kms either...
The car is blowing abit of black smoke too when I give it some stick, which I guess could be injectors ...

I have had the manifold /EGR pulled off and cleaned to try and get rid of the black smoke....
Fritters77

Postby aids84 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:54 am

You can generally identify a dodgy injector by looking at the learned SQL values in the ECU data (will need a decent scantool to see this data) They should all be roughly the same over the 5 or 6 different learnt values. Any injector that varies greatly from the rest is probably giving you drama.

If the injector is far enough gone it can cause rail pressure codes to be logged as too much fuel is being lost out the injector fuel return, and the SCV can't keep up with the varying pressure.

On some engines you can physically check this as the individual returns are able to be taken off and measured, sadly with the Triton all the returns go into a common pipe under the rocker cover, so can't be accessed while the engine is running.
aids84
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Fritters77 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Thanks heaps for your help,
Is there a chance that the SCV is faulty causing the black smoke and the rail pressure sensor to throw a code...
Fritters77

Postby aids84 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:55 pm

Yes I would say that the SCV is probably the most common cause of fuel pressure codes and running issues.

They are easy enough to change and not too expensive, i'd be changing that first before replacing any more expensive components.
aids84
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Fritters77 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Yep I think that’s a good start ...
I’ll order one tonight...
Appreciate your help...
Fritters77

Return to General Discussion