Throttle controllers

Anything Triton related

Throttle controllers

Postby Stuart77 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Hi all

I've been looking at throttle controllers for a while now and keep finding more and more brands out there, making the choice harder.
I have 4 in mind and am interested in peoples' opinions of them if currently using one.

1. iDrive - read a few posts on here about it and was reasonably keen (aside from the price tag $289) until I found...
2. Hikeit - many more settings that iDrive and about the same price, looks great
3. E-Drive 4 - looks great, again more functions than the two previous brands but looks too cheap to be true ($189.00) and is also more complex to set up than all others with a control box that plugs into the OBM.
4. Kings Throttle Controller - $89 seems pretty good and I wouldn't expect too much from it but the reviews seem okay. Also, the newest version is controlled via an app on your phone and is all neatly tucked away under dash.

Probably overthinking it now but I'd appreciate hearing anyone's experiences of any of these...cheers!
Stuart77

Re: Throttle controllers

Postby ozguy7 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:46 pm

I've been running the Kings Throttle Controller for a while now. It's the older version with adjustments made on screen rather than the phone. Works pretty well. Definitely makes the car a little easier to drive. It's also quite handy being able to adjust the sensitivity on the fly depending on the driving conditions etc.

I run it these days at a fairly low sensitivity. I found at the higher levels the throttle kicks in pretty hard and fast. Obviously the car gets going well but there can be smoke etc.
ozguy7

Return to General Discussion