Power/Torque Figures

Anything Triton related

Power/Torque Figures

Postby MickeyDee on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:09 pm

Just wondering what are some of the higher power/torque figures that people have reliably run in their 2.5l MN Tritons?

Cheers.
MickeyDee

Re: Power/Torque Figures

Postby right on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:56 am

578nm on my 2.5L MN diesel GLX-R
right

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:42 pm

The problem is that, unless every one is done on the same dyno, under identical conditions, the actual figures quoted are pretty much meaningless.

What is important is the percentage improvement, but that, too, can be fudged or a tune done that results in a ridiculously high number but is totally undriveable.

A search would have found a number of other, related threads, including one specifically for dyno results.
https://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=dyno+results
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby MickeyDee on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:56 am

Cheers Right. Just checked out your build; Impressive! I have mine in at the moment getting pretty much the identical mods.

Have you had any issues in terms of reliability since making those power figures? Would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous given the issues with the 2.5l.

Thanks, NowForThe5th for clarification on Dyno figures. And YES, I did use the search feature and I did find the one specific to dyno results and read that too.
MickeyDee

Return to General Discussion