Power loss 2015 MN

Anything Triton related

Power loss 2015 MN

Postby Koala on Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:11 pm

I have searched the forum for possible solutions to my problem but nothing found seems to match what I have going on.
The engine starts and runs OK but very low power and seems to not have much boost and rattles a lot at higher revs. Can't really feel the boost come in like it did before.
Here are the symptoms.
Car was running just fine before parking it for a week while I went into hospital. Upon return the battery was dead flat due to the interior light being left on. I put the battery on slow charge and it recharged OK and the car starts normally. Being still unable to drive I tinkered away and fitted a snorkel.
Nothing else has been played with and the car is otherwise standard. The vacuum tube is still fitted under the turbo.
I am wondering if the dead battery would have caused a problem with the ECU and it needs to go through a relearning phase??
Any suggestions would be appreciated, please be patient as I am a old school mechanic with limited knowledge of modern ECU's etc. I have driven about 30klm now and it doesn't seem to be improving.
Thankyou in advance.

Koala
Koala
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Power loss 2015 MN

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:56 pm

Other members, experiencing similar symptoms after snorkel installation have subsequently found packing inside the snorkel tube. Check that the intake system is clear and that all connections are secure, especially turbo/intercooler/intake pipes - it's quite easy to dislodge one of these while doing a snorkel installation.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: Power loss 2015 MN

Postby Koala on Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:32 am

Found it :))
I had confirmed that the vacuum tube under the turbo was still fitted but I recalled that in the process of changing the oil filter my filter removal tool had jammed against the vacuum tube and needed a bit of a wiggle to get it back out.
So after a nice dream about it I went out this morning and upon closer inspection found a small hole in the vacuum tube.
Cut a bit off the end of the tube, refit, and she goes like a rocket...…….well like a Triton :))
A bit embarrassed about it but happy that it was information found on this forum which pointed me on the right direction.

Koala
Koala
Platinum Subscriber

Return to General Discussion