valve adjustments

Anything Triton related

valve adjustments

Postby pete10 on Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:15 pm

has anyone had a valve clearance adjustment and lost power or idled worse or better etc ?
pete10

Re: valve adjustments

Postby RHKTriton on Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:07 am

Did my ml a couple of weeks ago and engine ran smoother with improved economy.

If you've got the mn then it might be worth checking the vac lines to the turbo and any other items that get disturbed in the process.

When I had mine done at a dealer the first and last time at 90k, they rolled the cover gasket and let oil spray all over the fire wall. This meant everything had to be taken off again to put it together properly.

Then I noticed a bit of oil accumulating on the cover near where the first section of manifold joins to the rest. Power seemed down at higher revs. Anyhows, when I looked into the manifold, I discovered the metal shim had slid around during assembly and now blocked about a quarter of the cross section.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Re: valve adjustments

Postby pete10 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:25 pm

back at dealer today and after totally losing it with them they did a fuel re learn /quantity learn ,seems alot better like back to normal ,wait and see,and i tell ya what ,all this about valve clearnces need doing is a load of bollocks ,i got out of them, mine were fine but supposedly they slightly adjusted them,but workshop foreman said they rarely need doing unless they are really noisey ,so if its running fine i would leave them alone.
pete10

Return to General Discussion