Wheel Bearing Assembly

Anything Triton related

Wheel Bearing Assembly

Postby jaay on Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi,

My drivers side wheel bearing decided to die on me. In the process of changing both wheel bearings over but i'm confused now with how the bearings are installed.
Spoke to a guy from Mitsubishi and he said there a sealed unit and you have to change the whole hub, but then a little bit of research I ended up on CBC bearings website and saw that they have a sub assembly kit for the hub and a full hub assembly. The sub assembly kit is made by Koyo and the full hub kit is made by GSP.

My question is, has anyone experienced with GSP brand wheel bearings? I'm leaning towards Koyo as they are one of the best bearings companies out there, but then again can these bearings be pressed out the old hub and press the new bearing in the old hub?

Here are the two screen shots ive taken from CBCs website.

Appreciate any feedback

Thanks

https://imghostr.net/image/Rxwbm

https://imghostr.net/image/Rxu2F
jaay

Re: Wheel Bearing Assembly

Postby aids84 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:06 am

No reason why you couldn't get the hub flange pressed out of your old bearings and press them back into the new Koyo assemblies. Most people go for the full assembly as it's a lot less stuffing around with the press, sometimes they are a bit tricky to setup and getting the outside inner race off the hub flange can be a challenge too as there's not normally much to grab onto.
aids84
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:21 am

I went the whole assembly. Less risk of damaging the bearing and you get a fresh set of studs. Considering how tyre joints are so fanatical with their rattle guns, it may be worth considering this aspect.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jaay on Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys.
I think I will just go for the full hub assembly. I guess it's less hassle to put on less mucking around.
Thanks again
jaay

Return to General Discussion