automated lockup-kit for Triton

Anything Triton related

automated lockup-kit for Triton

Postby m&m on Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Hi All,

MM4X4 has just released lockup-mate and auto-mate torque converter lockup kits for the MN Triton (5 speed 2.5L diesel).

One of the forum members (right) has recently purchased and installed an auto-mate, see post: (https://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=22358&p=557181&hilit=lock%2Aup#p557181)

So, I thought I'd start this thread to tell you more about the products, and so I can answer any questions you might have.

The Triton MN version is off the back of the Challenger PB/PC version, which has the same drivetrain (and issues). The two biggest issues being;
1. the transmission going into LIMP mode when towing under heavy load for an extended period (eg, up a mountain range); and
2. high slip torque converter that causes higher fuel usage.

The performance improvements in the Challenger and Triton are particularly excellent. Much better responsiveness and 10-20% better fuel around town. Best of all, both products fix the LIMP mode of the transmission as above.

There's also a wealth of information on the Pajero Forum of Victoria: https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125

Soon, we'll adapt it for the MN 4 speed.

We currently have an MQ lockup-mate version being tested.

Also available are Pajero NS-NX and Challenger PB, PC versions.

Feel free to ask anything about our lockup kits, how they work, or the features and performance of our products.

Cheers,
Marshall
m&m

Re: automated lockup-kit for Triton

Postby m&m on Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:36 pm

Here's the feedback from Russell, who was the 1st Triton vehicle tester for auto-mate. Here has a 2012 MN 5 speed auto diesel, 3" exhaust, 23% larger intercooler with a ECU remap.

Nov19
Have only towed the van around 50kms so far. The car is a completely different car to drive. Very impressed with the difference in the performance of the car. Will keep you updated on the performance and fuel savings of the automate kit.

Jan20
Just an update on my automate. Just come back from towing the van around 500ks. The trip had a few nice hills and long slow inclines. I used the car in both auto and sports. I'm very impressed with how the car towed.
Nice to put the foot down and produce power at the back wheels up hill without revving the engine and going no where fast.
Fuel is around 2/3 ltrs per 100 better.
I also believe the car run slightly cooler engine and air intake temps.
Will up date again when I have done 1/2lap of Australia.
m&m

Postby sed8td on Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:29 am

I wish the 4sp version was available before my trip late last year, I purchased a wholesale automatics kit, whilist it works and is good.
It involves some cutting and soldering of some ECU wires, and you must remember to turn it off when you are stopping.
sed8td

Postby m&m on Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:45 pm

sed8td wrote:I wish the 4sp version was available before my trip late last year, I purchased a wholesale automatics kit, whilist it works and is good.
It involves some cutting and soldering of some ECU wires, and you must remember to turn it off when you are stopping.

That's the beauty of our kits. With lockup-mate it turns it on and off automatically; and auto-mate extends the capability to keep it locked and instead change the gears when it needs to (just like a TCU remap would).

I had a manual lockup in my NP Pajero and hated it, which led to the development of something better.
m&m

Postby right on Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:21 pm

i got it installed on my 2014 GLXR 5 speed auto. Absolutelly love it
right

Postby m&m on Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:43 pm

right wrote:i got it installed on my 2014 GLXR 5 speed auto. Absolutely love it

Great to hear!
m&m

Return to General Discussion