P2413 fault code even after new egr valve motor

Anything Triton related

P2413 fault code even after new egr valve motor

Postby Peteb13 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:22 am

Hi guys and girls ,

I have been reading thru old threads and even any article I could find on the internet to help solve my issue to no avail. I have a 2015 mn triton with 80,000km on it and had the engine light appear. I had it scanned it was P2413 so the mechanic tried cleaning the inlet manifold but this didn’t fix the issue. He tested the valve motor which was faulty so replaced it with a new one. This then stopped the engine light for no more then 30km before it came back on. The next morning I turned the car on and the light remained off and I drove for 45min before stopping, once I restarted the car the light came back on and has stayed on. I’m wondering if anyone has had this issue ? Do I need to clean the main manifold aswell or am
I chasing an electrical fault of some sort ?

Any help would be great.
Thanks Pete
Peteb13

Re: P2413 fault code even after new egr valve motor

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Did he replace the complete egr valve or just the motor? If the valve is sticking mid stroke the motor will throw up a code.

Tried cleaning the manifold on an MN? Never heard of that being done sucessfully. Unless he meant the throttle body? And What is the main manifold you mentioned?

please share more info?
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Re: P2413 fault code even after new egr valve motor

Postby Peteb13 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:47 pm

I’m not 100 percent sure , I’ll have to ask but looking at the motor and the valve part it all looks new.
Maybe I’m confused and he only tried cleaning the valve and not the intake manifold ?

I watched a video on YouTube of a guy and he tested all the voltage readings in the plug onto the valve motor to make sure it was all as per specs therefore narrowing it down to a build up or valve fault I was thinking maybe that should be the steps I take
Peteb13

Return to General Discussion