Airbag warning Light

Anything Triton related

Airbag warning Light

Postby macca1967 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Hi All,
I own a 2013 MN triton & have been dealing with the dreaded airbag warning light. Appeared a couple of weeks ago, had it reset by the local dealer & came back on again before the end of the day. Have had it back in for diagnosis & have had it quoted as the upper & lower wiring harnesses requiring replacement. I mentioned the hotfix & it was a known issue to MM & they have requested a goodwill warranty from MM. My car is out of warranty & has 120,000k on the clock. Heres hoping they come to the party. I am in Darwin. Will keep you posted.
Cheers
Macca1967
PS Have any MN owners had issues with the drivers seat side airbag Starting to protrude from the seat. Not deploy but slightly protrude ?
macca1967

Re: Airbag warning Light

Postby m sciffer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:06 pm

hi there
yes I have on my mn that I have owned ,by pass the dealer and contact mit them self by email and tell them that the vehicle is now not roadworthy due to air bags would not deploy in a accident . and by the way it is a 8hr job to replace the wiring plus parts . hope this help, good luck
m sciffer

Postby macca1967 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:46 am

Cheers, Got a call from Mitsubishi Dealer yesterday. They are replacing the harnesses as goodwill, no cost. 2 day job & they will give me a loan car. Make sure you all request Goodwill if out of warranty on this issue. They will honour it. If the dealer says no contact Mitsubishi direct. They are aware of this issue.
macca1967

Postby MaccaPopEye on Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:42 am

Hey mate is that through DMG (service center in winellie)? The airbag light on my 2011 MN has also popped up but mine has done 210,000km. Wonder what my chances will be haha
MaccaPopEye

Postby Spike'sMN on Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:20 am

I’ve just had the same thing happen to my 13 MN, I emailed Mits directly and asked if replacement would be covered but because my Ute has over 250000k it was unlikely that it would be. I was told by the dealer that they will need the ute for 2 days and over $1700 in labour alone, thinking I’ll be doing it myself.
The Deeper You Go, The Better It Feels.
Spike'sMN
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:07 am

The issue most likely stems from dodgy contacts in the loom's connectors. There's a chance that simply cleaning these may resolve the fault.

Be sure to properly 'disarm' the SRS system before playing with it.

If you're not experienced working with delicate wiring components, hand it off to qualified people.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MiteeWidge on Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:00 pm

2012 Challenger with 115k . SRS light up last week. $150 charge for them to tell me what I told them when I dropped the car off - wiring harness connector pins.Under goodwill claim Mitsubishi have agreed to repair . They know their arse would be in a sling if they failed to deploy in the event of an accident. These harnesses have been an issue from day one and not hard to find evidence to back this statement up. Page upon page of discussions both here and Victorian Pajero Forum .
MiteeWidge

Return to General Discussion