V6 Petrol Workshop Manual

Anything Triton related

V6 Petrol Workshop Manual

Postby V6 Petrol on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:27 am

thanks Chris

btw do you know where i can get a workshop manual for my Triton (2007 ML V6 Petrol 3.5ltr Auto 4x4) as the links in the manual forum posts don't work and i find the other online manuals are for diesel

cheers
1st ute - 2nd owner! :D
V6 Petrol

Re: V6 Petrol Workshop Manual

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:54 am

Yes, it's a problem that I came across with mine.

I have one version of the manual which only works with Windows XP and a particular version of Internet Explorer - 8, IIRC. Basically would mean that you'd have to set up an old PC isolated from the internet and dedicated to this task only. That's if you can even get a hold of IE8 these days. Not sure if it would work in a virtual machine. I also have a version which is in pdf format but all the pages are separate, which makes browsing through and finding stuff quite difficult.

I've also split this thread, keeping the discussion on the manual separate.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby V6 Petrol on Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:15 am

NowForThe5th wrote:Yes, it's a problem that I came across with mine.

I have one version of the manual which only works with Windows XP and a particular version of Internet Explorer - 8, IIRC. Basically would mean that you'd have to set up an old PC isolated from the internet and dedicated to this task only. That's if you can even get a hold of IE8 these days. Not sure if it would work in a virtual machine. I also have a version which is in pdf format but all the pages are separate, which makes browsing through and finding stuff quite difficult.

cool, thank you

I'd be interested in the pdf version, with the older one I could try to get it open/working

ideally I'd be willing to purchase a hard copy but cant find anything online for such only emanuals and not for petrol
1st ute - 2nd owner! :D
V6 Petrol

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:07 pm

I might try to set up a VM that can be used for the XP/IE8 version, but not right now - bit busy with work and stuff.

The pdf one is about 200Mb, so would fit on a CD (or USB, of course). The links don't work, so you have to find manually which is a PITA.

The VM would be a better option. Give me a few weeks.....
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Linkaan on Tue May 18, 2021 10:31 am

G'day, I am new to the forum.

I am also looking for a V6 workshop manual. I have:

MITSUBISHI TRITON GLX Auto ML KA9 09/2006~11/2008 4 Door Wellside RWD PETROL 3.5 litre, 6G74 V6 24v SOHC MPFI {135KW}

I found a manual online at:

https://www.downloadworkshopmanuals.com ... l-download

I says it includes engine 6G74 but I am a bit wary of buying something overseas with my credit card.

Has anyone found another copy yet?

Cheers
Linkaan

Postby Linkaan on Sat May 22, 2021 6:04 am

Ended up buying the manual online, it's in PDF format, 251MB and 3818 pages long.

I looked through, and either i have no idea how to use it, but couldn't find any specific detail re V6 engine.

The main reason for sourcing the manual is that I want info to change the rocker cover gasket, as there is a fair amount of stuff you need to remove in order to gain access.

If anyone wants to double check over the manual, I could lend it to you, if there is a way to email 251MB.

Cheers
Linkaan

Postby litapajar on Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:25 pm

Linkaan wrote:Ended up buying the manual online, it's in PDF format, 251MB and 3818 pages long.

If anyone wants to double check over the manual, I could lend it to you, if there is a way to email 251MB.

you could put share it through dropbox or onedrive links.
litapajar

Postby mowerman on Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:59 pm

The manual I have for the old MK also has workshop manual for 6G7 engines after 2002. 6G74 included.
Might help.
Rod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bphjatt2e5wbkh/11B.pdf?dl=0
mowerman

Return to General Discussion