DPF light flashing, split intake hose

Anything Triton related

DPF light flashing, split intake hose

Postby Crophopper on Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:46 pm

G’day All..

Wife’s MQ came out of a service a couple of weeks back. Girl at the desk took payment and then kind of off hand said ‘oh you will want a new intake pipe at some point’...

A few days later the DPF light starts flashing. I’ve been away so when I got back I had a look under the bonnets and low and behold a big ol split in the pipe between the inter cooler and the intake. Been reading up on it and decided I’d better check there wasn’t any fuel in the oil which thankfully there is not.

I’ve bought a new set of hoses and will throw them on this week. I’m hoping if I disconnect the battery it might reset things enough that when I get the new hoses on it and take it for a good drive it might burn the DPF and put things right. Does this sound like an ok course of action or do I need to make it do a manual burn? From what I’ve read that means taking it to mitsy and getting them to plug the scan tool into it. Unless someone might be able to give me another way to force it to do a burn or three.

Cheers!
Crophopper

Re: DPF light flashing, new oil black as night...

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:05 pm

The oil will be black, that isnt a concern.

But they way they told you is. Was it a dealer? I would be complaining. With a split intake pipe the car was bound to break down. The DPF would get clogged quickly.

Was your oil level high? That is an indication that the regenerations have been failing.

Disconnecting the battery will do nothing.

When the new hoses are fitted go for a drive at 50kmh or higher. This might make a burn happen. But it will not start until engine is warm.

If this fails and your DPF light stays on then it will need to be forcibly burned, and you would need an oil change if the level increases.

But that should be down to your service place, as if they had told you during the service you wouldnt be in this situation now
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Return to General Discussion