Key stuck in ignition

Anything Triton related

Key stuck in ignition

Postby Steve88 on Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:20 pm

Hi all,

I have a 2014 MN Triton

Got in to a bit of a pickle with a bog hole and took on some water, after getting pulled out noticed after a few attempts I could not get it out of park without using the shift lock. Also because of this I can't get the key out of the ignition and is stuck on ACC.

Anything particular to check? Could it be the brake actuator on the pedal?

I do notice when I press the brake pedal I don't hear the "clicking" any more.

Also my alternator seems to be shot because of this, and battery was packing a proper sad.

Would love to be able to get the key out at least and get out of park without the shift lock.

Any help would be extraordinary

Thank you
Steve88

Re: Key stuck in ignition

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:53 pm

Check ALL of your fuses. Possibly blown one. Are your reverse lights working?
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby Steve88 on Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:49 pm

DibbyDibbyDJ wrote:Check ALL of your fuses. Possibly blown one. Are your reverse lights working?

Checked all engine bay ones and all seemed fine/had continuity. Will try check cabin ones tomorrow. Unsure on the reverse lights, will try hook the charger up tomorrow on to a continuous 13.8 to check.

My friend who was behind me said my rear right brake light was not working, but then started to work. Only dropped out once
Steve88

Postby Steve88 on Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:23 pm

Bit of "progress"

I can't even start it with the jumper pack now, so lucky I didnt stop after lunch!

I can get the key out now, I bypassed the interlock under the steering column. Still can't shift as I think a solenoid is cooked.

It used to 'click' when you press the brake pedal, now it doesn't. If I put 13.8 volts to the system and go to ON, it's a disco on the dash and there's a clicking at the fuel filter and a clicking on the transmission, I think I can see on the trans what's causing it.

I need to get a new battery to be able to test anything, I had 1 random crank this morning then back to crap.

Alternator is out now, that's a huge c to get out. Pulled it apart and it "seems" ok, but I have nfi how to test an alternator. I'm sure there's a proper scan tool that can do it like the snapon, but only way to get it to a workshop is a towtruck for now. Could love to just get it started once and get it somewhere.
Steve88

Return to General Discussion