SRS wiring loom replaced by dealer now my footwell is moist

Anything Triton related

SRS wiring loom replaced by dealer now my footwell is moist

Postby minishep on Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:08 pm

Hey guys, I tried to search but coulden't find anything on the topic. About 6 months ago I got the old Airbag warning light come on and needed the floor/roof harness replaced, I was going to do it myself but chickened out and took it to the local dealer... A couple of weeks after the work was completed I was hearing a weird noise under the dash and kind of ignored it. Fast forward 2 months and I went to clean the ute and the front passenger footwell was soaked in cold water.....It appears the AC drain was blocked, I climbed under the car and hooked a vaccume up to the drain and sucked some water out and it came good for a couple of weeks. It's back again and water appears to be dripping out of the Fan assembly. I'm just wondering if anyone has completed that Loom replacement, did the AC unit need to be removed. I don't want to go back to the dealer and loose my nut if the problem is totally unrelated...

Anyone had this drama before? I've owned my MN Triton since new and this really has been the only thing go wrong with it, it's got 200000kms so I probably shouldn't complain!

Cheers

Nick
2013 GLXR Manual Dual cab 200000kms
minishep

Re: SRS wiring loom replaced by dealer now my footwell is mo

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:13 pm

I assume you haven't got a cabin filter.

Sounds like you've accumulated a mud slurry in the AC drain area.

You might be able to rinse it out via the air ducting.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Return to General Discussion