Difference

Anything Triton related

Difference

Postby Bluey_Zarsoff on Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:02 am

Just wondering what would be the difference in performance between these two MN Triton engine oil coolers?
As you can see in the photos that one of them has an extra small hole & I was wondering what affect this would have on the performance?
Would it work better or worse, or not at all? EDIT: Could not get photobucket images to work
Click to view larger picture
Click to view larger picture
Bluey_Zarsoff

Re: Difference

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:25 pm

The top one, with the filter instead of the hole looks like an original Mitsubishi part. The other is a Chinese copy. So there are two differences. First, quality and second, price, with the genuine one about three times the price of the copy. I'd buy genuine. Try Amayama or Partsouq.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Bluey_Zarsoff on Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:09 pm

Thanks, yes I know the extra hole one is Chinese,& you are correct about the top one being OEM.
A few have fitted the similar Chinese cheap ones without issues, but I was just curious..
I might look into doing away with this type & fitting a remote setup if it is possible because the price is huge for a new OEM one. Mits are charging $1500 hundred bucks for an original which is way too much, and online is not much cheaper.
Bluey_Zarsoff

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:20 pm

$1500???

Genuine Mitsubishi parts from Amayama and Partsouq $275 to a bit over $300. Remote kits also around $300.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby Bluey_Zarsoff on Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:20 pm

No Kidding, Motorama Mitsubishi in Moorooka (the Biggest Mitsubishi dealer in Brisbane) want $1300 if you buy it over the counter from Spares & $1500 if U want them to fit it. They are probably made in China too like everything else.
Actually, the only thing I have seen around here that is not made in China is Chinese food.

Partsouq is that Dubai company isn't it? So, how can we be sure what they sell is the genuine item?
From what I can tell is that 90% of all car parts you buy from the internet is from Alibaba & it usually has the correct part no & comes in a Mitsubishi box.

I just found a couple of coolers from Thailand/Malaysia without the extra hole for for around $300 & they say they are genuine with the Mits box.
Considering that is where my Triton is made I might get one.
Bluey_Zarsoff

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:16 pm

Both Partsouq and Amayama only sell genuine parts.

Depending on the part, even with freight, it works out way cheaper than buying through a dealer. They also have lots of parts that are not available through dealers. Amayama actually have warehousing here in Australia, so wait times can be very short, but I've had parts from Dubai and Japan here in a couple of days.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby Bluey_Zarsoff on Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:11 pm

PartSoqu yes, but Amayama require too much personal information for my liking.
Just for a part inquiry on availability & price Amayama want your full name, address, phone number email address and then they automatically create an order, and this all happens before you even find out anything at all about the part your after.
Only after all the above happens do they give you the availability & price. And I don't like it.
Yes, you don't have to proceed & pay but you have already given them more information than is necessary.
No wonder people loose so much when these businesses get hacked.
Bluey_Zarsoff

Return to General Discussion