try 450 to 60 lts then u see shit economy
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Re: What economy are people getting from their MN's

Postby docta.phipps on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:47 am

Did anyone's figures go down after new engine and manifold clean? Looking forward to getting my ute back but curious what fuel will be like.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
docta.phipps

Postby Jason91 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:17 am

I'm getting 1,000 km a tank unladen highway driving at 95kph and about 800 a tank city driving unladen.

Love my ute
Jason91

Postby snakesoup on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:35 am

125 litre tank?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
snakesoup

Postby Jason91 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:17 am

snakesoup wrote:125 litre tank?

Nope just the standard 75 L

I grandma my triton. Very occasionally I drive it like I stole it
Jason91

Postby snakesoup on Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:19 pm

I don't believe you mate I'm sorry to say..
tell me how you come to this conclusion exactly

snakesoup

Postby snowman on Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:17 pm

7.5 l/100 is pretty impressive to say the least.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Longranger1 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Just got back from a work related trip. Over 1200 km's today with a 3:00am start. Averaged exactly what the trip computer said 9.4l/100km when calculated at the pump.

Sat on a $1.10 and $1.20 all day. No trailer but a lot of tools etc plus all the crap you need to be away 7 weeks.

Stock tyre size (Pirelli Scorpions).
The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some damned good ideas.

If it's feral, it's in peril.

MN turbo lag? What lag??

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Longranger1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby docta.phipps on Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:06 pm

Yep to say the auto shows 8.6l as standard, 7.5 would be wow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
docta.phipps

Postby snakesoup on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:34 pm

Longranger1 wrote:Just got back from a work related trip. Over 1200 km's today with a 3:00am start. Averaged exactly what the trip computer said 9.4l/100km when calculated at the pump.

Sat on a $1.10 and $1.20 all day. No trailer but a lot of tools etc plus all the crap you need to be away 7 weeks.

now that is a bit more believable, with the stock tyre size you may not have have travelled quite as far as you think you have, but still quite good figures to boot !

snakesoup

Postby shorsfall on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:09 pm

RockoWallaby wrote:
amyh4n wrote:I have the same tyres and get 600km one tank but I got a shock my life today that some members are even getting close to 800kms one tank on similar tyres

I've bitched about Bitsa supposed excuses on fuel economy before. Getting 12.5-13.5L/100km, or about 850km out of a tank.
Would be fine if it was a 60L tank, but I have an ironman 125L tank!!! :?
It's 50% worse than stated, and their excuse?
It's within tolerances.

Bulldust! But you won't win arguing with them. They don't care. Hell, I even had to threaten them with legal action about the rust repair on my roof, they stated were "stone chips"

Shame there weren't actually chips where the rust was! Spidering under the paint, and nothing on the surface!
Which they discovered when the idiots from Bitsa admin finally inspected in person!

Fixed now, but that's not the point. Their customer service is disgusting.
Except for Motorama Springwood. Nathan and the team there have helped me out on all these issues, unlike the other twits on the Gold Coast, who couldn't even replace faulty window rubbers under warranty...after 5 attempts!

Not a fan of Mitsubishi anymore unfortunately.

How did you get your fuel economy issue sorted? I'm fighting with Mitsubishi at the moment. The sticker said 9.6l/100kms and when I told them mines doing between 13.5 & 14.5 they told me you can expect 10-15% difference from the stated fuel figures. When I told them mine is doing over 50% more they have now told me to take it to the dealer and get them to do a simulated fuel consumption test. They said if I'm not happy with the results then call them again. I'm over it to be honest. I definitely won't buy another Triton and tell everyone who asks me how it is I tell them not to buy one either
shorsfall

Postby Longranger1 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:55 am

snakesoup wrote:
Longranger1 wrote:Just got back from a work related trip. Over 1200 km's today with a 3:00am start. Averaged exactly what the trip computer said 9.4l/100km when calculated at the pump.

now that is a bit more believable, with the stock tyre size you may not have have travelled quite as far as you think you have, but still quite good figures to boot !

I've found the odometer to be pretty well spot on. The speedo with stock sized tyres is about 6-7km/h out at 100km/h. I'm carrying a fair accessory load so with what I had on board would have been around 2.6-2.7 tonnes gross. Good economy in my books.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some damned good ideas.

If it's feral, it's in peril.

MN turbo lag? What lag??

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Longranger1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jason91 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:40 am

snakesoup wrote:I don't believe you mate I'm sorry to say..

It's pretty simple really. I fill up before and after every single trip I go on. And when I get out onto the freeway and high ways I stick to 95 on the odo the entire way. Now this might be 95 on the odo but less in terms of actual speed. I'm running stock tyres at 40 psi and I get 250km to every single 1/4 interval on the fuel gague right down to the E mark and last time I checked 250 x 4 = 1,000. Not to mention I still have a very young motor. 2013 mn with only 16,000 on the clock.

The around town driving all depends on how many red lights I run into but last time I drove around down for a fortnight I ended up with 870km for the entire fortnight. Also I'm not a trades person and I don't tow. So I'm always unladen. Hope this helps
Jason91

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:16 am

Jason91 wrote:when I get out onto the freeway and high ways I stick to 95 on the odo the entire way. Now this might be 95 on the odo but less in terms of actual speed.

Yep, 95 on the speedo, not the odo, would make it about 88 km/h real speed.

On a freeway where the speed limit is 110km/h.

That should be just slow enough to cause havoc.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby L200Shogun on Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:42 am

shorsfall wrote:
How did you get your fuel economy issue sorted? I'm fighting with Mitsubishi at the moment. The sticker said 9.6l/100kms and when I told them mines doing between 13.5 & 14.5 they told me you can expect 10-15% difference from the stated fuel figures. When I told them mine is doing over 50% more they have now told me to take it to the dealer and get them to do a simulated fuel consumption test. They said if I'm not happy with the results then call them again. I'm over it to be honest. I definitely won't buy another Triton and tell everyone who asks me how it is I tell them not to buy one either

I know a person who was getting much worse than you. After spending a lot of money on independent fuel economy testing and going to a Tribunal (run by Fair Trading). He got no where. (he also had to put it back to stock for the testing)

He ended up selling (trade in) his Triton and moving on.
L200Shogun

Postby Joel on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:00 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:
Jason91 wrote:when I get out onto the freeway and high ways I stick to 95 on the odo the entire way. Now this might be 95 on the odo but less in terms of actual speed.

Probably drives in the right hand lane too :shock: see way too many of them around town
I only drink on days starting with T... Today and Tomorrow
Joel

Postby snowman on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:47 pm

L200Shogun wrote:
shorsfall wrote:

I know a person who was getting much worse than you. After spending a lot of money on independent fuel economy testing and going to a Tribunal (run by Fair Trading). He got no where. (he also had to put it back to stock for the testing)

that is about where it is at IMO.

if you are a bit obsessive about economy and looking to purchase (and reading up on it here) then don't buy the auto and don't add any accessories at all and certainly tyre size.

That said some engines just seem to have amazing economy and some are crap. :? :cry:

I have heard the D-max is pretty good on fuel. :?
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby murwullambah on Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:03 pm

Joel wrote:
NowForThe5th wrote:

Probably drives in the right hand lane too :shock: see way too many of them around town

Plenty of idiots travelling too fast in the outside lane also, aggressing safe drivers, 95 is a reasonable speed if he wants to do that, i usually travel at the speed limit and am regulally getting people right up my behind trying to push me faster when its not clear to pull over.
murwullambah

Postby snakesoup on Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Jason91 wrote:
snakesoup wrote:I don't believe you mate I'm sorry to say..

It's pretty simple really. I fill up before and after every single trip I go on. And when I get out onto the freeway and high ways I stick to 95 on the odo the entire way. Now this might be 95 on the odo but less in terms of actual speed. I'm running stock tyres at 40 psi and I get 250km to every single 1/4 interval on the fuel gague right down to the E mark and last time I checked 250 x 4 = 1,000. Not to mention I still have a very young motor. 2013 mn with only 16,000 on the clock.

The around town driving all depends on how many red lights I run into but last time I drove around down for a fortnight I ended up with 870km for the entire fortnight. Also I'm not a trades person and I don't tow. So I'm always unladen. Hope this helps

so you get 500 Klm to a half tank !! some people get not much more than this from a whole tank!! Different circumstances but still!!
well if your figures are right then you have the most economical triton in the world lol
have you ever checked your economy while sitting on 100 klmh ?
would be interesting
what variation of mn do you have?

snakesoup

Postby revolutiontriton on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:22 pm

I call BS!
Sorry jase but I've been driving since I was 3 and shaving since 2
no car ever! gets the same amount of kms per 1/4 tank.
The first is always the best and the following get worse and worse.
1000 from a triton.... :lol:
revolutiontriton

Postby Jason91 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:28 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:

Sick burn mate haha. Considering I've come down from a 4.0 v8 strapped to the aerodynamics of a brick that is a Land Rover complaining I am not
Jason91

Postby L200Shogun on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:33 pm

I Just got 400km out of half a tank. I think if I redid those km i got have got another 25 to 50 more.

7L per 100km is 1000km off 70L

I have had fuel economy in the mid 7's but I don't drive for fuel economy. Also a hard lid or tub cover makes difference which I don't have.

1000km is possible imho

On a FB page a man gets about 850km per tank his wife gets 650km.
L200Shogun

Postby Jason91 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:20 pm

Joel wrote:
NowForThe5th wrote:

Is bashing someone because they do 95 according to the needle really necessary I mean cmon. FYI I stick to the left lane to do 95 and when I'm out bush I'll always let people past. If I want to do 110+ I'll be in the right lane.

I think some of you just need to relax a little
Jason91

Postby snakesoup on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:24 pm

all down hill, with a severe tail wind, I guess it's possible

snakesoup

Postby shorsfall on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:25 pm

snowman wrote:
L200Shogun wrote:
shorsfall wrote:

that is about where it is at IMO.

if you are a bit obsessive about economy and looking to purchase (and reading up on it here) then don't buy the auto and don't add any accessories at all and certainly tyre size.

That said some engines just seem to have amazing economy and some are crap. :? :cry:

I have heard the D-max is pretty good on fuel. :?

Im going to go into United Diesel and see if there is anything they can do. I will bet trading the Triton in next year so certainly won't be buying another one.
shorsfall

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion