What did you do to your Triton today?

Anything Triton related

Re: What did you do to your Triton today?

Postby puk on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:20 am

Re-wired the non-standard Driving light switch to one that fits the MQ switch blanks (Yesterday)
Today i replaced the sweaty old neoprene seat covers with canvas ones.
puk

Postby SLIMaxPower on Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:47 pm

Police picked me up today on the way home from a holiday. Told me I have to have mudflaps and that my xrox bar is illegal on my MN triton. Luckily he didn't look under the bonnet.

Also had some older black hooks on the front of the bar which I got a fine for and no demerits. Says he won't give me a yellow sticker if I fix. I said the hooks will be removed when I get home and will order mudflaps.

The jungle flares are glass and because I am lazy I try and squeeze through spaces while towing a trailer for work they get a bit stressed.

Can anyone recommend aftermarket flares and mudflaps for a MN triton.

I explained the vehicle was purchased as is from the dealership floor, except for jungle flares (which have tape over damaged bits) and mudflaps removal.

Said

Powered by MaxPower
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:00 am

Ah, the old illegal Xrox bar thing has raised its head again. Personally I agree, but I can see that Xrox did manage to scrape in a compliance under the ADRs. That one you'll need to get their tech people to give you compliance details.

No mudflaps is asking for trouble. Make sure that the new ones are wider than your tyres. I have extended mine using the same plastic sheet that is used on rally cars. Tough as nails and has lasted for some 7 years now.

We used to fit aftermarket flares to a variety of 4WDs in the shop. Gave it up as a bad joke because none of them have any kind of decent mounting and they'd just come back, half off, for warranty. Only solution was vast quantities of urethane. The fibreglass ones break on impact, but are repairable. The plastic ones shatter and are throwaway. I'd fix the fibreglass ones.

Guess that holiday was within WA, or he would have given you 14 days as well. ;)
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby dwhylan on Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:59 pm

Obsolete phone Bluetooth switch into two on off switches, Front and rear light bars? don't know yet.

Click to view larger picture

dwhylan

Postby Sky Miner on Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:30 pm

Installed New side steppes
Installed catch can
Installed UHF
Installed Dash cam
Installed canvas seat covers
Whew!! that's enough for one day ;)
Ever noticed if somebody is driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone going faster than you is also an idiot?
Sky Miner

Postby Sky Miner on Tue May 18, 2021 6:55 pm

Installed throttle controller
Installed Scangauge
New window tint
........Getting there ;)
Sky Miner

Postby SLIMaxPower on Tue May 18, 2021 8:15 pm

Replaced a headlight and found my coolant tank empty. The lid had basically disintegrated.
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Enid_Triton on Thu May 20, 2021 5:03 pm

Took the MN to Carroll's Springs & had them drop the front by 25mm- They replaced "Super" Heavy Duty SSA springs with "Heavy Duty" EFS springs. Chalk & Cheese..The 50mm lift was fun in the slop but rough as Guts on the road where I do 80% of my driving.
Fitted new full size UCA bump stops, couple of new control arm bolts and it feels and drives bloomin Marvelous now. And no more of that bone jarring rebound thump on shortened bump stops. But the best thing is that the CV joints are almost straight now.
Wheel alignment tomorrow
Enid_Triton

Postby Sky Miner on Sun May 30, 2021 2:08 pm

Fitted up a Hayman Reese towbar kit... piece a piss, gotta luv the plug n play theses days no more cutting n splicing anymore all done in an hour n a half ;)
Sky Miner

Postby shawty950 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:13 am

Not today, sunday out the back of Benarkin SF, sheared off a rear diff lock detection switch, which unlike the left rear wheel speed sensor that I did at Mt Dare costing $400+...only costs $28 bucks and they have one in Melbourne.
Now to finally make a guard to stop it happening again.

For both these breakages, I used to look under there and say "I really should make a bracket to protect them" and each time its been break then make a bracket...<sigh>
shawty950

Postby dwhylan on Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:06 pm

Truck style CB mic holder.

T-reign extreme, wont retract fully being nice, but let it go and it goes to the top.
Galvanised wire soldered to electrical eyelets.
If the borders opens in time, see how it goes in the Simpson/corrugations sway etc.

dwhylan

Postby Vikingshippy2 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:51 am

srb wrote:In middle of replacing worn out clutch. Doing main seal while at it, been leaking for over 3 years, clutch has been on way out ever since. Can't complain, clutch has lasted over 180k kms. Friction plate nearly on the rivets, fly wheel is okay, better than expected, will still get it machined though so won't be able to go any further today.

Going with same HD clutch, Extreme Outback. Kit comes with all the usual.. new thrust and release bearings. Nice kit.Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Hey mate! second clutch wow how many ks now?

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk
Vikingshippy2

Postby Vikingshippy2 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:56 am

Wow mate what brand welder it looks the goods..

Vikingshippy2

Postby FQCODEL on Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:42 pm

Read the free actuator mod thread and it inspired me to up the boost on my 4m41 from 14.5 to ~18.5. In the thread people were saying that without fuel it does nothing but i was pretty sure i was feeling power gains. Anyway i plugged in my obd2 and logged fuel and boost... it seems fuel is not maxed out on the new boost level?

Am i actually getting extra fuel? Car definitely feels like it has more go.

FQCODEL

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:50 am

I've had my adjustment maxed out for years and definitely seemed to give slight improvement. I even tried some washers under the actuator as an experiment, but if you punched it under load, I'd get limp mode from overboost.

Best improvements are achieved with the addition of a chip. This will complement any extra boost. I've got an SW unit set mid way and it drives like a big four should.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Vikingshippy2 on Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:45 am

Sold my old ml after 10 years and 300k of service
On to some new adventures with our new Mr triton..with all the gear..Click to view larger picture

Vikingshippy2

Postby WUNSIE on Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:50 pm

Like it mate, :mrgreen: they look heaps better with that bloody original front bar replaced
WUNSIE

Postby Sky Miner on Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:10 pm

Got a TJM T15 commercial bully bar with a 9500lbs TORQ winch installed only to find out the remote doesn't work :roll: TJM reckon the whole things gotta come off to replace the control box on the winch cause the remote is not universal and another one just wont work...warranty work fair enough but what a shit of a job to do after all that...again'... a simple press of the remote button to check it was working before handing it over would have saved em a bloody big headache before putting it all back together.
Sky Miner

Postby harmigera on Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:51 am

Just installed the Ironman commercial deluxe bullbar with recovery points. Very happy with the quality and the finish. The instructions were rubbish, a lot of common sense required and longer than 4 hrs stated in the instructions to install, took me close to 4 days. I did take my time and properly soldered and shrink wrapped all the wires for lights, I suspect the installers would have used quick wire splice clips. Next is to upgrade the suspension with Outback Armour and bigger Toyo Open Country AT2 tyres.
harmigera

Postby FQCODEL on Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:56 pm

harmigera wrote:Just installed the Ironman commercial deluxe bullbar with recovery points. Very happy with the quality and the finish. The instructions were rubbish, a lot of common sense required and longer than 4 hrs stated in the instructions to install, took me close to 4 days. I did take my time and properly soldered and shrink wrapped all the wires for lights, I suspect the installers would have used quick wire splice clips. Next is to upgrade the suspension with Outback Armour and bigger Toyo Open Country AT2 tyres.

What year car? I didnt think the ironman could take recovery points?
FQCODEL

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:30 pm

FQCODEL wrote:What year car? I didnt think the ironman could take recovery points?

from: https://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/search.php?author_id=27052&sr=posts
harmigera wrote:MY17 GLS Auto white, Canberra

and, from https://ironman4x4.com/product-category/protection/bull-bars/?filters=mms%5B1520%2B1560%2B2050%5D

Screenshot_20210802_152203.jpeg

Seems that bolting a couple of pieces of plate to the existing tow points turns them into rated recovery points. It's the red paint that makes the difference. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby harmigera on Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:32 pm

Seems that bolting a couple of pieces of plate to the existing tow points turns them into rated recovery points. It's the red paint that makes the difference.

Even though there is a bolt that uses the existing tow points, there are another 5 bolts that mount the recovery plate onto the brackets used for the bullbar. If these recovery points ever fail, you are clearly doing something wrong and will probably rip off your bullbar at the same time.

https://ironman4x4.com/wp-content/uploa ... 050_IM.pdf
harmigera

Postby deermaster on Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:07 pm

Not today but last week, punched a hole in my fuel tank near Musgrave Nth Qld Been trying to stop the leak for the last week. Had three goes and still was leaking. Did some more work on it and put some fuel in again tonight. Just hoping that it's not started leaking by tomorrow morning.
Ordered a new long range tank but it looks like it will be late next month before they can get it. Not happy :roll:
deermaster

Postby WUNSIE on Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:43 pm

Quote; Not today but last week, punched a hole in my fuel tank near Musgrave Nth Qld Been trying to stop the leak for the last week. Had three goes and still was leaking.

Thats where a tyre plug kit comes in handy, depending on the size of the hole, even an old wine bottle cork, cut it to size or cut a piece off and wedge it in, once in its going no where ;) ;)
WUNSIE

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:54 am

Knead-it epoxy filler. Done fuel tanks, radiators, intercoolers....
Chris

NowForThe5th

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion