Postby blamesociety on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:37 pm

My new 2013 GLX-R (picked up yesterday):

Click to view larger picture

Sorry for the photo quality - only have a dodgy phone camera at the moment. If you want photos of anything specific, just ask.
blamesociety

Re: 2013 Triton/Challenger Details Released

Postby pickle on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:44 am

Looks great, looking forward to your thoughts after a bit of time with it.
Dave
pickle

Postby Unstableimage on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:40 am

Sweet! Bang on what I want (except auto). Big difference in price over the 39990 2012's they're selling?
Interested in photography? Check out Unstable Image.
Unstableimage

Postby mickkk on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:55 am

how are the seats, how do they adjust?? just lift the whole lot at once, or front and back separately?
mickkk

Postby Gollum on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:11 pm

lb84 wrote:top picture looks like a current model gl-r except with new mirror indicators and side mouldings. same wheels as a gl-r, don't think they'd downgrade the glx-r to those... fugly things.
bottom pic looks like an update glx club cab, same grill, but has mirror indicators and side mouldings (previously only on glx-r), plus diff tub stickering (vehicle could also be another country's spec, ie, thailand or south america. usually stickering/badging differs market to market). note that 2013 update info was for glx-r only... lower models may not change as much, ie, retain a-pillar aerial ala rc colorado lt-r vs lx/dx). was at a dealership this week and had a 2012 glx dc and a 2013 glx dc next to each other... i didnt see anything diff between them...
I know it's early days but what's a good suspension lift for the new triton? My dealer says its really only the interior that's change so upgrades to the suspension should still be the same.
I've heard mixed reviews about old man emu? Any thoughts guys
Cheers .
Gollum.
Gollum

Postby Gollum on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Gollum wrote:
lb84 wrote:top picture looks like a current model gl-r except with new mirror indicators and side mouldings. same wheels as a gl-r, don't think they'd downgrade the glx-r to those... fugly things.
bottom pic looks like an update glx club cab, same grill, but has mirror indicators and side mouldings (previously only on glx-r), plus diff tub stickering (vehicle could also be another country's spec, ie, thailand or south america. usually stickering/badging differs market to market). note that 2013 update info was for glx-r only... lower models may not change as much, ie, retain a-pillar aerial ala rc colorado lt-r vs lx/dx). was at a dealership this week and had a 2012 glx dc and a 2013 glx dc next to each other... i didnt see anything diff between them...
I know it's early days but what's a good suspension lift for the new triton? My dealer says its really only the interior that's change so upgrades to the suspension should still be the same.
I've heard mixed reviews about old man emu? Any thoughts guys
Cheers .
Gollum.
Gorgeous truck mate.
Looking forward to picking mine up next week!!
Gollum.
Gollum

Postby blamesociety on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:34 pm

pickle wrote:Looks great, looking forward to your thoughts after a bit of time with it.
Dave

Have done nearly 1000km in it, and I love it.

Unstableimage wrote:Sweet! Bang on what I want (except auto). Big difference in price over the 39990 2012's they're selling?

$40800 driveaway + $595 tonneau cover + $995 tow bar.

mickkk wrote:how are the seats, how do they adjust?? just lift the whole lot at once, or front and back separately?

Seats are nice and comfy - drove 6 hours straight yesterday and felt fine. Only played with the driver's seat, but there is a knob that you turn to raise and lower the horizontal base part of the seat (the bit you sit on) which is independent from the upright back rest part of the seat. As you raise the base, it seems to go forward a bit.

Weirdly, the passenger headrest is leather, but all other headrests are cloth... surely they have accidentally fitted the wrong headrest at the factory?
blamesociety

Postby Crash486 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:43 am

Ha, ha tell them they have incorrectly fitted three cloth headrests, they should all be leather.
Crash486

Postby golden on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Mitsubishi website has finally been updated for the MY13 specs. Not much of an upgrade other than the side & curtain airbags being standard.

Cheers
PB Challenger MY12 Auto 4WD
VR 06 2008 3.2TD Auto - Gone
MQ Patrol - Play Truck
golden

Postby MaintConsul on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi,

Just spoke to a dealer at the Melbourne Leisurefest who assured me that the same Triton will soldier on in 2014, no increase in towing capacity to 3.5 ton to match the others.
MaintConsul

Postby 12tryton on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Hey guys,
not sure if aust is behind the rest, but my missus uncle has a April 2012 triton hear in malaysia(Sabah).now his or any others here dont say or badge as GLX-R just LS but its same interior as my Sept 12 GLX-R bar his has leather, but the difference is his has indicators in mirrors but not the middle mount aeriel :( , also its badged as triton not L200, has did badge with the 2.5, also factory front and rear parking sensors. :x :x strange the thing is before my Aus model but the model before his, say Feb 12 dont have indicator mirrors,, His looks so much like the MY13 Aus model but badged as Apr12..are we that behind the rest of the world?..Pics below I hope work.. oh and yes the rear step is standard for there new model, the older has the plastic step like mine. And his factory mags look better.

You take the high way,i'll take the by-way
12tryton

Postby humphrey007 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:42 am

Hi Guys
New to forum am about to purchase first Triton ! Am looking at GLX-R dual cab auto but i have noticed that 2013 My14 now released but i cant find a list of differences ?
Any one shed some light for me please ?
:geek:
humphrey007

Previous

Return to Triton News