MQ nudge bar recalls?

Triton in the media

MQ nudge bar recalls?

Postby Coaster on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Delivery of my 2018 Triton MQ GLX - Plus was held up for more than a month while I waited for delivery of the factory nudge bar I had ordered in the deal. I don't want the full bull bar job, just a nudge bar will do. Sick of waiting I ended up saying just give me the truck and arranged with the dealer for fitting of the nudge bar at the first complementary 1500 kms service. The dealer later rang to advise the nudge bar had finally been delivered and confirmed the agreed fitting details. I rocked up for the service to be told the nudge bar mysteriously never arrived and I would have to wait another couple of months for delivery as none in the country. I then asked for my money back and sought another supplier. I located a supplier online that had 6 genuine nudge bars in stock, paid the money and waited again. The supplier then got back to say Mitsubishi would not release the stock as they had discovered a fault and had recalled all nudge bars. I suspect this recall was the problem all along with the nudge bar supply. Does anyone else know of this recall? Also if the genuine article is no good, any suggestions appreciated as to what is the second best that meets Australian standards?
Coaster

Re: MQ nudge bar recalls?

Postby WUNSIE on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:47 pm

I haven't received any notice regarding a recall on OEM Nudge bars, my guess is they are just using the excuse as they cant deliver on the goods but still want a sale.
I would contact Mitsubishi Aust direct and give them the run down on the Nudge Bar and more importantly the dealers name and what you have been told, if it was porky pies on their behalf, damn sure MMA would love to know

Just to edit this post, just finished checking MMA web site regarding recall and absolutely NO mention of Nudge Bar recall, the only one that was there was the recall regarding the bolts for the Towbar ;)

but I would still give them a buzz or flick em a email detailing your enquirery
WUNSIE

Postby Coaster on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:04 pm

Thanks. The dealer told me they could still deliver but would take more time as no items in the country. It was the online supplier who told me they had them in stock but had been notified by Mitsubishi of the recall. I got my money back from them pronto by the way. I did do a search on recalls online and found no reference to nudge bars. I will contact Mitsubishi direct to get the story first hand.
Coaster

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:30 pm

At least its only a nudge bar at issue, unlike Fraud, who delivered vehicles with suss steering columns! :lol:
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ra0231 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:30 pm

hi all,
I'm new to the site and this is my first comment, my name is mark and I'm from Brisbane and have just bought a brand new Triton black edition.

I bought the 2018 Triton black edition back in March. I was told by the dealer that the nudge bar was on delay due to an investigation ongoing. I still have no nudge bar and the dealer has no information of when and where the investigation is.

Does anyone else have any info?

Mark
ra0231

Postby Coaster on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi Mark

The no show on the nudge bar and no info on when the nudge bar would arrive is consistent with the story my dealer told me and why I asked for my money back and tried to source one online. The delay story in supply and release of stock due to an investigation is consistent with the info the online supplier then told me. My advice would be to get your hard earned money back from the dealer or you may be in for a long wait and if they are recalled as is likely or they wouldn't be knocking back easy sales, an even longer one for the situation to be rectified.

Cheers

Trevor
Coaster

Postby Marty8 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi All,

I too have an issue with the nudge bar!

I bought my 2017 MQ in Jan 18, optioned the Nudge bar, waited months, no sign, a recall was mentioned by my dealership. Its now Oct and the latest I hear is end of the month, fingers crossed.

Would anyone know/think that MMA should be liable for compensation for a 10 month wait??
Marty8

Postby Joel on Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Surely a refund for the bar is a fair request
I only drink on days starting with T... Today and Tomorrow
Joel

Postby WUNSIE on Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Marty8 wrote:Hi All,

I too have an issue with the nudge bar!

I bought my 2017 MQ in Jan 18, optioned the Nudge bar, waited months, no sign, a recall was mentioned by my dealership. Its now Oct and the latest I hear is end of the month, fingers crossed.

Would anyone know/think that MMA should be liable for compensation for a 10 month wait??

10 Months down the track, I would of had something in writing ON THE CONTRACT,saying if its not here by the time I come back in for the complimentary check, a full refund will suffice.

Honestly compensation for what!
You are the one who drove out of the dealer without it fitted,

If it were me, I would be getting my money back as they have failed to deliver in a reasonable time frame and look elsewhere, that's how I got mine a woman towing a Horse float all over the country side had a few near misses with roo,s and she had a full ECB bulbar fitted and I manage to get it for a song, perfect condition inc all bkts,bolts only a couple months old.

DONT ask for your money back, DEMAND it if they become arse holes, politely let them know you will be taking your business elsewhere in the future including the services on the Triton
WUNSIE

Postby Duck on Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:16 pm

I don't think they will have an issue returning your money, no need to demand it. Catch more flies with honey!
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Marty8 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:54 pm

I was offered a refund, but at the same time, had a long conversation with the dealership regarding the recall.
Right or wrong, they advised that information passed to them was at best, Vague.
So benefit of doubt, i waited. And waited.
In my opinion, the fault lies at MMA. not the dealer.

Trust me ive called other dealerships to see if they can supply the bar, but i get the same story.
Marty8

Return to Triton News