the 2.5 is coming - End of September

Triton in the media

Re: the 2.5 is coming - End of September

Postby daryn on Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:18 pm

revhead wrote:when is the actual date that these vehicles will arrive for a test run ?

You will have to ask a dealer for that answer. We know nothing :)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby johnnie5 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:05 pm

daryn wrote:
revhead wrote:when is the actual date that these vehicles will arrive for a test run ?

You will have to ask a dealer for that answer. We know nothing :)

neither do they :lol:
johnnie5

Postby liamb on Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:39 pm

I just got one of the last 3.2 DiD's 3 dealers told me they have been given no tech specs or even delivery dates, but it is worth noting that no one really knew the the govt was going to give the 30% or 50% rebates so most manufacture's were not ready for the rush on comercial vehicles. I think Mitsi were due to release the new Triton in around March 2010 but are rushing to get everything ready to deliver in Sept or Nov. It may be an issue of getting all the ADR rules complied for the new body and motor and gearboxes amd whatever else.

Bill
liamb

Re: The new model rumor mill.

Postby longbed2.5 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:38 pm

spargo wrote:Longer tray = smaller cabin space. The cabin space the Triton offers is what sells it over the other bench-seat boxes such as the BT-50 DC and Navara.

No thanks to a longer tray from me.. Even my alloy tray is only the same length that the original tub made the vehicle.

cabin stays the same and the tray grows by 180 mm as does overall length
NEED A NEW TRUCK, company ford is so shite....update company wouldnt spring for the new truck, but i won a Dmax.
longbed2.5

Postby revhead on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:16 pm

the MN GLX-R will arrive 3 weeks after the rest of the duel cabs series,

Apparently there has been problems, dealer mentioned it was somthing about air bags, which means it must be the side & curtain that are standard on the GLX-R.

The rest of the MN's will be here early october ready to be drooled over.
revhead

Postby snowman on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:00 am

saw the new triton advert on TV last night.

they dont focus on the rear much but there is one short shot of a side view going up a hill....man it is literally too long.

but i guess better seats, 5 speed auto (altough i would not touch the auto with capped torque over the manual) and additional safety features you might consider one .....no, the arse is too big.

and at $56k for a top of the range - hmm that is RIGHT in hilux territory...it will be interesting to watch it unfold.

i guess the best thing is the bar gets higher every time..so hilux will come out with better equip (and higher price) and so it goes.....look at the shit boxes we drove 20 years ago in this market. ;) 8-) nice time to be driving i reckon.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby subi_man on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:17 am

I saw the ad too - I wonder how much discounting there will be off the RRP
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby sierra on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:36 am

That capped torque might not be such a bad thing and should make the engine feel much more linear.
350Nm from 1500 - 3500rpm, just checked on the site below.
More of a concern is that the 5 speed auto is not the one fitted to the Pajero and is therefore operating at it's design limit as is the old 4 speed. Mind you Monster Triton proved the 4 speed could handle more, especially with the tractor grade fluid transfusion.
I thought the barge arse was an option?[Wonder if it still needs power steering?]
:? ;)

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/med ... 0my_lr.pdf
sierra

Postby pickle on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:11 pm

sierra wrote: More of a concern is that the 5 speed auto is not the one fitted to the Pajero and is therefore operating at it's design limit as is the old 4 speed. Mind you Monster Triton proved the 4 speed could handle more, especially with the tractor grade fluid transfusion.

The box comes from the same family as the Pajero. Both have Aisin five speed autos. You might find only the ratio's are different.
Dave
pickle

Postby snowman on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:54 pm

sierra wrote:I thought the barge arse was an option?[Wonder if it still needs power steering?]
:? ;)

i dont think it is an option - but it screams 'lazy axle' conversion if you ask me..... ;)

i'm waitng for the first post of somebody who fully loads one of these things, hits the gas and wheelstands down their street :o .
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Greedy on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:15 pm

snowman wrote:i'm waitng for the first post of somebody who fully loads one of these things, hits the gas and wheelstands down their street :o .

Or ends up with a tray no longer parallel to the cab. :shock:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sierra on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:34 pm

pickle wrote:The box comes from the same family as the Pajero. Both have Aisin five speed autos. You might find only the ratio's are different.
Dave

If that was the case why limit the torque to 350Nm from 400Nm when in the Pajero it handles 441Nm?
Must be a different box to make sense. They have different ratios in each 5 speed auto but both run the same diff ratio of 3.917 same as the GLX with the steel rims with 205's.
:? :| :)
Last edited by sierra on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sierra

Postby Homer on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:18 pm

Same, same 3.2 mate...why don't they follow the Paj more closely?

My guess is the conspiracy (and smart marketing) theory...they all need to stay enough steps behind the premier model to make a price difference and to keep model/tier pricing sort of in line.

By that I mean, and I don't want to upset things here but - go down to 2.5 never gunna be a winner ...unless you give it stability control, five speed auto, fully adjustable seats ( I'm going to smash into one and write it off as soon as I know they will fit my car) better trip computer setup, steering wheel controls etc.

Probably all boils down to different vehicles for different wants and needs. I have owned both Triton's and Paj's of similar ilk at the same time. When kids are younger Paj wins hands down. Now that they are older the Triton is my vehicle of choice - body roll, fuel economy, a load of gravel/compressors/beer/dead mother in law and all round size difference is the kicker for me.

Serious 4wd wasn't really considered as they all need major mods to become rock crawlers.

Probably totally off topic but had a few...again.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby snowman on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Homer wrote:Same, same 3.2 mate...why don't they follow the Paj more closely?

By that I mean, and I don't want to upset things here but - go down to 2.5 never gunna be a winner ...

don't start him again........ :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Homer wrote:Now that they are older the Triton is my vehicle of choice - body roll, fuel economy, a load of gravel/compressors/beer/dead mother in law and all round size difference is the kicker for me.

never contaiminate your beer with the dead MIL!

I never considered the dead MIL when choosing the Triton Homer but seems you have this base covered. :lol: :lol:
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:21 pm

:lol: Always gotta think ahead mate!
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Previous

Return to Triton News