the 2.5 is coming - End of September

Triton in the media

Re: The new model rumor mill.

Postby tritionspecn on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:15 pm

Ok, got another reply from my stealer again, I responded to his email and was a bit more polite and matey with him. I will say this that I think I am a bit of a negotiator when coming to many things and I put on my best effort to get some more out ofva him!!!! Here is his response, let you make what ya can out of it, as I am still getting more confused over this @%^^*$#%)*^&)(%)#@@@_(^%$ SH_T And I really dont care what I get, But I feel for all the others guys and gals who would like to know that they have got something that is going to be better than the one they got! :o :o :shock: :shock: :x :x :roll: :roll: :?: So this was his response pasted from my email!

This was part of my email to him:

"Having read through alot of material, the news coming out is very confusing, not so much for me, but for alot of blokes who are dependant on their rig to be sturdy reliable and able to go the distance. Alot of the bloke are concerned that if the cc's drop like in the navara, shit will happen like in the navara. They burn out literally. Name __I would be speaking to MMAL to ease some concerns out there cos people are actually put off by the thought of a 2.5l regardless of extra grunt. To me it dont matter as it will be recreational commuting, but for others........... you might have an issue in sales. People would be rapt with a 3.2 or similar and would actually put it ahead of hilux for those in the know.

His response was: :?: :shock:

"We have already spoken to MMAL but having been in new cars in the past I know this is normal. Manufacturers simply love the preceding publicity and confusion because it generates interest. Unfortunately we are the meat in the sandwich. I know this, when you get your new GLX-n you will love it and it will look after you. I will keep in touch and every day I check your car and as soon as I know you will know. Most of the GLX-R orders are on the boat so we suspect that they are now building the GLX models. Great to have the banter with you!"
tritionspecn

Postby sierra on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:11 am

Sounds like they are spreading a rumour that the next model is a 2.5 to get people to buy the old models in panic.
Imagine how those buyers will feel if it comes out with the uprated 3.2 and the 5 speed auto superceding the old 4 speed?
Any old stock would be heavily discounted at that point. Got to watch these car salesmen!
sierra

Postby Mantis on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:38 am

Didn't sam rush out and find one of the current ML's for this reason aswell??

sam what's your thoughts on all this??
Mantis

Postby daryn on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:20 am

Does not anyone want to take me up on my bet ?

I have $10 on 2.5L.

Why do we see 2.5L 131Kw specs at NSW RTA website ?

No comment anyone ?
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby sam on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:47 am

I can't say anything atm but I have my reasons why I did it ;)
sam

Postby sierra on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:57 am

Daryn,
I find it hard to believe they would be so stupid as to drop the 3.2 when it's so popular even if the uprated 2.5 would do the job better and use less fuel? If I had another 500kg to lug around I would rather have the 3.2 under the bonnet so it's less stressed, even if I have been defensive of the 2.5[cos I have one!], especially for peace of mind a long way from home in the bush somewhere. For all that, most of the rest of the world seems to get the 2.5 and it does the business, even gets called a big diesel at times compared with the opposition.
It's either a marketing ploy to clear the old models out at good prices or they are about to lose some sales, judging by the resolve shown on this forum anyway.
sierra

Postby McCoy on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:24 am

daryn wrote:Does not anyone want to take me up on my bet ?

I have $10 on 2.5L.

No comment anyone ?

I wouldn't take you up on that bet, that is for sure. ;)
Team Mitsubishi Ralliart - Got a question? -> danielm@tmraustralia.com
McCoy

Postby daryn on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:23 am

Dan, is that a wink I see, you know, but cant say ?

hmmmmm, dont want to bet, its only $10 :)

McCoy wrote:
daryn wrote:Does not anyone want to take me up on my bet ?

I have $10 on 2.5L.

No comment anyone ?

I wouldn't take you up on that bet, that is for sure. ;)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby sierra on Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:29 pm

The dealership I just spoke to has sold some of the new model due in a couple of months and says they have a longer tray, uprated 3.2 diesel, 5 speed auto and 3 tonne towing capacity and the 4x2 will keep the 2.5 diesel.
sierra

Postby johnnie5 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:44 pm

dealer i spoke to sat said no real changes
dealer i spoke to today said longer tray and 2.5L

they are trying to get some real info for me
johnnie5

Postby jimmy on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:04 pm

three dealers i spoke to recently all tried to deny any knowledge until i poked a little deeper. they all confirmed that new model will use same cab, maybe a new grille treatment, a longer tray and 2.5 t/d.
after Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF
jimmy

Postby UAV on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:22 pm

stopped in to see my stealer today, he said definately longer tub and cosmetic changes and definately NOT the 2.5, will be the 3.2 but not sure of any engine upgrades. I told him if its a 2.5 i will definately not be buying one, i will buy a hilux and he asked if this was the same reason i wasnt looking at the navara and i said yes. i gave him my email and he will email me any details he recieves about the update. hope this helps
Tim
UAV

Postby Bammo on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Told today definately WAS the 2.5!

Thus, they are all full of shit and should be ignored until we see with our own eyes...
Bammo

Postby rick on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:26 pm

my old mans just got a new triton in the u.k and its a 2.5 i laughed at it until i had a go :oops: very responsive indeed
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

the 2.5 is coming - End of September

Postby patto on Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Well boys it pretty much official.

Picking up my truck today from the stealers the area rep was in so i cornered him and hit him up about the new model.

He said yes its all true and you should see it on the show room floor at the end of september and the biggest hurdle Mitsubishi have to evercome is the fact they have gone back to the 2.5 and he seems to think that Toyota will be going down the same path shortly.

The rear tub will also be alot more squarer in shape and 15cm longer.
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Postby sierra on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:34 pm

Just spoke to Paceway Mits and got a definite yes to the 2.5 diesel for the MN 4x4 who said it's official info at the dealers since this morning.
sierra

Postby bill65 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:55 pm

well thats its i will not be selling my now ! and it will go too MRT for ecu :twisted:
bill65
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jop on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Thats the spirit Bill :twisted:
jop

Postby Stu on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:02 pm

do we all have to quit posting on here when the mn is released?
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Re: the 2.5 is coming - End of September

Postby jgoosen on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:05 pm

So its the same as the british model ?
jgoosen

Postby daryn on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:08 pm

Sierra, where are you ?

2.5 comin :)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby sierra on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:28 pm

I'm here Daryn and looking forward to getting an easy upgrade to 131kw if the 4x4 2.5 is the same as mine with a chip upgrade. The only problem will be getting the power to the road without melting the tyres and will the engine burst into flames like the Navara 2.5?
sierra

Postby daryn on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:35 pm

Sierra, you know what I think I would probably still buy the Triton because it is still the safest with AWD and still has the best leg room for good dollars.

I never bought it for the 3.2.

I think the next month could be sussing out the UK Triton owners and others somehow to see how things are going with it.

Rick I think was saying that he has already driven one in the UK.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby liamb on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:08 pm

well thats a shame for me I dont want a stressed small capacity engine. Having raced small capacity turbo charges engines for a while I know they need more rebuilding and consume more fuel per litre capacity of the larger capacity motors. I have 3 customers (not racing, tradies) that have had big end bearing failures with pathfinders or Navara's and I have seen 2 smoking pathfinders up in the riverland, I hope for all the new trition customers the Mitsi motors can handle the work but Nissan customers seem to be let down with the small capacity high boost motors. I really want a Trition but dont really think there will be enogh time before the end of the 50% rebate to see if the motor is up to the job
Bill
liamb

Postby tritionspecn on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Well What a mixed bag of Information and in the end it is leaning towards the 2.5l. :cry: . I gather the alot of people will look at it as inferior????? Small engine CC's v's the 3.2! You have Rick stating that its a bit of a goer in UK variant, the 2.5l, liked it afterwards, and Liamb not keen on a smaller cc 2.5l and fairly sure that smaller cc's dont (might not) cut it regardless. I hear everyone and what gets me is that how the preverbial can a car company head down the way of lets say Nissan, surely they should know the problems that have been caused and not taken a different direction??? :shock: :shock: . I am fairly new to the site and in general to the Triton, but if Mits has issues regarding emission's blah blah, why not try to compromise like a 2.7,2.8 or a 2.9ish sized model that surely should help in many area's for both company and consumer, especially after a Navara lesson. :cry: But the main fundemental thing it that its a let down(if 2.5l) to have clearly the better 4x4 in the market with a questionable drive train. It is somewhat disappointing :( . Unless this claimed 2.5l out performs expectations over a period of time, this could back fire. Side tracking here, but if memory serves me right, Mercedes owns a chunk of Mitsubishi, I do know that MB did have a 2.7l and a 2.8l sized deisel engine, the 2.7l has 130ish Kw and nearly 400 Nm, :P :P :P , that should have solved alot of problems for a long time, but what would I know, I dont build cars and dont work at either. I can hold my head high still knowing that at least the Triton is still very safe and ....................had good pedigree ;)
Cheers and hoping.......
Nuri
tritionspecn

PreviousNext

Return to Triton News