MN DELIVERY - or lack of!

Triton in the media

MN DELIVERY - or lack of!

Postby bmd_melb on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi crew,
News for those (un)lucky enough to be waiting for a new car....

Due to lack of processing ability at the docks - MMA will be delaying all car deliveries by up to 3 weeks from scheduled dates.
Just spoke to them today and can only process 70 cars per day - 1600 coming in on 2 ships....do the maths!

Pretty average - Gone from 4 weeks delivery to 12 for me!! Late NOV !!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :evil:

Cheers,
Benny.
bmd_melb

Re: MN DELIVERY - or lack of!

Postby revhead on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Hey Mate,

I just rang my stealer & he has a body number for me now & told me i'll get to drive it away on the 28th October...

I would be putting some harsh words his way....

Cheers

Mick
revhead

Postby Foggy on Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:13 pm

My white GLX-R due sometime in January!!!!!!!! This could be a big worry!!

Tyres on the Terracan (trade-in) will need to be replaced if it gets too much later!!

Perhaps they'll work through Christmas break!!

Foggy
Foggy

Postby tritondan on Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:57 pm

dont be too harsh on the dealer - if its on the ship then thats where it is
i orderd a Hyundai i30 for the Mrs and it blew out from 3 to 8 weeks. i checked with other dealers for stock and got the same story. Theres the ship then customs to deal with then it has to go to some warehouse to have radio stuff sorted then goes to dealer then gets PD then we get it.

i jumped up and down a little but didnt do much good.

patience is the key i suppose.

but yes - the trade in is looking sader by the day, why does he think i wanted a new car, obvioulsy the old one is worn out and i wanted it replaced ASAP. if i thought i would last a few more months, then i would have waited to purchase a few more months.

it does seem silly i just cant go a buy a car and drive it away.

yes i do have patience, but the barrel of it is nearly empty
its a brand new day - its a brand new life
tritondan

Postby bmd_melb on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:04 pm

Just hard to know who to trust... Patience is the key!
bmd_melb

Postby Sambarhunter on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:17 pm

I was told 2-4 weeks max I will be ordering the MN tomorrow getting the ARB winch bar tow bar snorkel EFS 2" Lift Ironman Winch and a set of Silverstone 265/75/16 tyres same tread as BFG AT...
Happy Wife Happy Life
Sambarhunter

Postby Naff on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:34 am

There were 4 MNs sitting at Lilydale Mitsubishi last weekend.. dunno what spec they were though.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby bmd_melb on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:49 am

Thanks mate.... Calling them now.
bmd_melb

Postby Homer on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:05 pm

NaffX214 wrote:There were 4 MNs sitting at Lilydale Mitsubishi last weekend.. dunno what spec they were though.

Unfortunately doesn't mean they will share with another yard. Your dealer has to have a good swap or they hang on to them :(
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby NTBB on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:44 pm

Unfortunately doesn't mean they will share with another yard. Your dealer has to have a good swap or they hang on to them :([/quote]
Thats why i missed out on my white with diff locked ML one at time of order in other state but my stealer had nothing they wanted :evil:
I bought my 4wd out of NEED not want.
NTBB

Postby boycee on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:52 pm

There are a fair few on the docks in SA atm. Just sitting there waiting for you guy's. :roll:
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby patto on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Dealers always over Promise to get the deal - once signed up they under deliver on service.
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Postby bmd_melb on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Unfortunately I just can't wait another 5 weeks.
I have no car and renting one for the last 5 weeks - so its gonna be a Hilux or navara.
I can get both in 2 days - just really preferred the Mits. I believe it is the better car.

Anyways, will see what a new day brings!
benny.
bmd_melb

Postby boycee on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:53 pm

that's a shame benny. bet you were all ready to go too. :? goodluck with what ever you end up doing.

Maybe the dealer could give you a loan car because of the delays. might be worth questioning them. :?
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby tryhard on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:29 pm

Foggy I ordered a white MN GLX-R too, and had one due in 2 weeks, then I added Diff Lock after I thought about it, and it blew out to a December build and January delivery. Apparently Diff lock options are pretty much built to order, or so the stealer claims. Looking forward to the delivery ... can't even put the heavies on Santa as it won't be ready for him ...
---

MY10 MN GLX-R 2.5 DiD Auto gunmetal grey
tryhard

Postby revhead on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:56 pm

boycee wrote:There are a fair few on the docks in SA atm. Just sitting there waiting for you guy's. :roll:

Hehe, I wonder if there is a black glx-r with my name written on it sitting there...
revhead

Postby tryhard on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:35 am

bmd_melb wrote:Unfortunately I just can't wait another 5 weeks.
I have no car and renting one for the last 5 weeks - so its gonna be a Hilux or navara.
I can get both in 2 days - just really preferred the Mits. I believe it is the better car.

benny.

Mate - that's like bonking Rosie O'Donnel or Oprah Winfrey because there's a month wait for Angelina Jolie ;-) The Triton is way better value ... worth buying a $1,000 sh*tbox while you wait :)
---

tryhard

Postby Homer on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:51 am

tryhard wrote:
bmd_melb wrote:Unfortunately I just can't wait another 5 weeks.

benny.

Mate - that's like bonking Rosie O'Donnel or Oprah Winfrey because there's a month wait for Angelina Jolie ;-) The Triton is way better value ... worth buying a $1,000 sh*tbox while you wait :)

Yeeehaaaa where does the line start? :)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby al coholic on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Homer wrote:
tryhard wrote: Mate - that's like bonking Rosie O'Donnel or Oprah Winfrey because there's a month wait for Angelina Jolie ;-) The Triton is way better value ... worth buying a $1,000 sh*tbox while you wait :)

Yeeehaaaa where does the line start? :)

You have to wait your turn Homer, im next inline for Angelina, but i'm just finishing up with Jen Hawkins ATM. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-)
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby gamblor on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:26 pm

Ordered my GLX-R + diff lock + ironbark paint late September was told November arrival. Its almost November and I'm still being told November by Mitsubishi schmoes. I could have driven it from Thailand to here by now and perhaps made some money off refugees on route.
gamblor

Postby Adam ace on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Ordered a GLX-R+ difflock+silver was told mid november ,i quized dealer again and computer say same BUT no VIN or engine # which may mean has not left factory :evil: Lucky my 83 hilux still lives
Question, do you have to pay this year to recive tax break or sign contract and deposit only
Adam ace

Postby tryhard on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:25 pm

"Computer says no" ... ;-)

AFAIK you need to "contract for" the asset before end December and start using it before the end of 2010, and you still get the 50% deduction - ATO says "commits to investing in the asset between 13 December 2008 and 31 December 2009" http://www.ato.gov.au/taxprofessionals/ ... 175431.htm

Don't forget to use HP or chattel mortgage to buy, 'cos a lease doesn't qualify for the tax break
---

tryhard

Postby revhead on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:01 pm

still waiting for my MN GLX-R, i have a VIN & i'm told that the invoice for the vehicle has arrived at my dealer now for 2 weeks, apparently still sitting in Townsville yards waiting for allocation... :|
revhead

Postby cantdrive on Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:12 pm

got this up date from my dealer today

"I have been watching the production and shipping dates and the White vehicle had blown out to end of December at least.
I have secured a Silver vehicle which is built and due to arrive on a ship 9/12. Approx 8 days later to dealer.
Will keep you updated."

why is white so hard to get hold of. Its the most popular so mitsi should have built a couple of boat loads and sent them by now. So do I accept the silver or wait til who knows when????? decisions decisions.
cantdrive

Postby daryn on Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:18 pm

cantdrive, if you are going to do rough 4wd'ing you may appreciate the white paint and not seeing the bush pinstriping, otherwise with white yu even have to wear your sunnies to look at it in the garage with the lights off, too bright for me, I prefer mine faster looking, Silver Bullet may just be the thing.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Next

Return to Triton News