Triton in the media

Mitsubishi Triton is Overlander 4WDOTY

Postby 4wd26 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:07 am

Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Re: Mitsubishi Triton is Overlander 4WDOTY

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:47 am

my local ARB had tipped this result last month. makes me feel well satisfied with my recent purchase.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Dylan 191 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:54 am

No more super select though is there ? Go the ML :D :D
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:05 pm

Dylan 191 wrote:No more super select though is there ? Go the ML :D :D

my MN has it :?:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby sam on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Only the GLX-R's have it so the rest only get easy select not super select ;)
sam

Postby jasduf on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:50 pm

I think the he reporter got the model wrong :o MN shown
jasduf

Postby daryn on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:01 pm

jasduf wrote:I think the he reporter got the model wrong :o MN shown

Its the MN that won it, not the ML. Correct picture.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Dylan 191 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:17 pm

Article says ml , oh well they both Tritons ;)
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby daryn on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Dylan 191 wrote:Article says ml , oh well they both Tritons ;)

I seen that Dylan, but I am sure that when you here it from Overlander it will be the MN
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby al coholic on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:49 pm

They wouldnt be testing an old model that isnt available anymore for thier 4wd of the year. The MN is the one with traction and stability aswell as the side airbags, the reporter has just got his facts wrong as far as the model goes............go figure, the media has it wrong :roll:

Great result though for Mitsu and Triton fanatics like us..............no mention of aftersales service though, maybe that should be taken into consideration before the result is determined??? :lol: :lol:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby 4wd26 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Bloody thing wins with the underpowered 2.5 diesel- man how are we ever going to get MMA to change the engine capacity back up now ;) :shock:
Getting Out There
4wd26

Postby Tony on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:05 pm

4wd26 wrote:Bloody thing wins with the underpowered 2.5 diesel- man how are we ever going to get MMA to change the engine capacity back up now ;) :shock:

I have had a real go at Mitsubishi over the 2.5. Been told for some future models Mitsubishi are working on a V6 Variable veined multi valve. Should be good for better than 500mn and lord knows how many KW :twisted: I wonder if its the merc engine that Jeep have borrowed :shock: Hopefully in the next generation luxo tritons :) I would imagine the pajero may see it first though :cry:
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 4wd26 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:22 am

GLX-R MN wrote:
4wd26 wrote:Bloody thing wins with the underpowered 2.5 diesel- man how are we ever going to get MMA to change the engine capacity back up now ;) :shock:

I have had a real go at Mitsubishi over the 2.5. Been told for some future models Mitsubishi are working on a V6 Variable veined multi valve. Should be good for better than 500mn and lord knows how many KW :twisted: I wonder if its the merc engine that Jeep have borrowed :shock: Hopefully in the next generation luxo tritons :) I would imagine the pajero may see it first though :cry:

Hey I don't care if the Pajero gets the new V6 if the triton gets the old pajero engine thats in the NT.

I understand how the models are getting too close (engine) especially the triton/ challenger/ pajero and the need to be able to make buyers choose, but I for one would pay a price difference for a larger engine in the "luxo model" sort of what toyota did with the 100 series cruisers in the past- offering 2 diesel engines in the range.
Getting Out There
4wd26

Postby sam on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:33 am

4wd26 wrote:
GLX-R MN wrote:

Hey I don't care if the Pajero gets the new V6 if the triton gets the old pajero engine thats in the NT.

I understand how the models are getting too close (engine) especially the triton/ challenger/ pajero and the need to be able to make buyers choose, but I for one would pay a price difference for a larger engine in the "luxo model" sort of what toyota did with the 100 series cruisers in the past- offering 2 diesel engines in the range.

I'm with you guys would be happy to pay extra for a bigger motor ;)

GLX-R MN when you say you've had a real go at Mit's who have you been talking to as I've found it very hard to get anything out of mmal in general :? or have you got your own contacts.
The V6 has been under development for a while now but had gone quite after they had probs with it in the Dakar last year hence why I reckon they ran petrols this year.
sam

Postby snowman on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:36 am

the days of oversized motors are gone. As was very well stated by sierra in some of his posts, to get fuel efficiency the only way to do it is to make smaller motors work harder (kw / litre), up in their efficiency zone. problem is, construction aside, working harder usually means less life span. although with diesels i reckon the motor lifespan is generally a lot longer than the rest of the car anyway. i remember my old man had to 'pull down' his engine every 100,000 to decoke the heads etc. those days (well our inlet manifold aside :o ) are gone due to much better fuels and oils.

on the servicing front vs 4WDOTY, i can't believe how in ALL of these tests long term issues are ignored by the writers. For example Land Rover make excellent cars, but i would NEVER own one. no matter how tempted i was, and i have been tempted. (ever been in a disco - great vision, strong diesel motor, very off road capable) i have known close friends to own them and they usually get over it quickly. hugely unreliable and MASSIVE service costs (you thought mistubishi was bad, try a Land Rover). :o

one thing you can say for Toyota is that they tend to 'spread' their service costs across the schedule and in my experience they are not as expensive as Mits. but Mits is CHEAP compared to the LR.

anyway to this day i have never heard a new car writer make any comparison on long term ownership.........that is a buyer beware issue.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby daryn on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:40 pm

photo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Return to Triton News