Petition on amendments to modified vehicle registration

Triton in the media

Re: NSW Suspension Modification Laws Revealed

Postby amanda on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:21 am

i only looked as the petition yesterday and i got the email too :?
amanda
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Petition on amendments to modified vehicle registration

Postby ultimate on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:14 am

This doesnt affect me in VIC, however with most rules/regulations VIC roads follow the example of the RTA in due course and will no doubt affect me eventually.

Your pretty much on the mark there. All of the states in Australia watch each other in regards to the regulations. For example QLD just trailed new regulations on snatch straps and those regulations will now be coming into play across the country. Basically all snatch straps will have to be properly rated and a lot of the cheaper imports will be banned (expect to see some amazing deals on snatch straps by the end of the year).

The next big one to watch will be the proposed restrictions on Bullbars.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby Storm Trooper on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:40 pm

signed.
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Postby ultimate on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:17 pm

I just read through the document in a bit more detail. It's not actually the most recent draft. I'm not sure why it was emailed out to everybody as some significant changes have been made to this. Keep posted for the official document which will come out in the next couple of months.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Re: NSW Suspension Modification Laws Revealed

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:19 am

Reading this, the docs seems reasonable.

One of my biggest issues with raised vehicles is the resultant height of bumper/bull bars, with some potentially being at shoulder/neck height if they were to T-bone a car or even one of the many 4x4 utes like the Triton.

Regardless of any vehicle mods, front bumper height should be rigidly restricted to a specified zone.

Off topic - roundabout decorations/gardens should not ever be higher than bumper height - so we can all at least see other indicators. Steet name signs should have no obstructions for at least 150m ( the local Kingdom Hall may just have to take second place!), etc....etc.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby daryn on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:47 pm

Topics Merged
daryn
Valued Contributor

Previous

Return to Triton News