next gen triton news

Triton in the media

Re: next gen triton news

Postby reeldreamer on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:57 am

How easy would it be for the mitsubishi PR and R&D department to get on here and get the scoope and things that piss off Triton owners.........Serioulsy! They not need waste an airfare to Australia just get a membership on here and go to work! To easy 8-)

Mitch
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Postby daryn on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:17 am

reeldreamer wrote:How easy would it be for the mitsubishi PR and R&D department to get on here and get the scoope and things that piss off Triton owners.........Serioulsy! They not need waste an airfare to Australia just get a membership on here and go to work! To easy 8-)

Mitch

They are logged in as we speak. :D
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby borngeek on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:43 am

:roll: MMAL's PR department need a rocket shoved up the preverbial. What a crap press release... {"We listen to the customer and we want to deliver for the customer," he said.} stop it... please :roll:

They are here enjoying the QLD sunshine nothing more... With his limited english the first word out of his mouth would be [censored]! :lol:

If mitsubishi was seriously interested in what we want they would poke their heads up here and open discussion rather than lurk and <removed by myself for sensible sake>. :roll:

He welcome to come down to Sydney and see me :lol:

and honestly if I were him I would take up Joe's generous offer.. A good crew of entusiastic triton owners over beer and bbq how could they lose??

//tell them lurkers!!
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sam on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:21 am

I still think you guys are dreaming if you think they will get onto this site or make contact :roll: as we represent a very small percentage of the total Triton market in Aust and out of all the members here how
many really use their Tritons OFF road . :?

Most just want a vehicle that can transport the kids to school, do the shopping in and maybe double as dad's
work truck then take them on holidays once or twice a year with a few bush tracks or a beach as the
off roading . :|

Yes they could sell heaps more by having a more macho marketing approach with say an outback or off road
version of the Tri with say bigger tyres, bull bar, suspesion lift etc .
If something like this was available off the showroom floor people might not be able to afford it but they think "I will do this to mine when I can afford it " and buy the standard model but it still gets a sale for Mits.

This is exactly what I was doing for dealers in Perth back in the 80's with the L200 4x4 (full fibreglass front guards and rear flares to fit 10R's ) and 4x4 L300's ( to fit 9R's ) and the BIGGEST seller of L200 4x4's in Australia was John Hughes Skipper Mitsubishi and they couldn't work out why for a while .
People would come in and buy a standard one just from looking at the one with all the fruit on but MML is a very conservative company as it's still basically a family owned and run bussiness from what I've been told so I can't see
the way things are done changing any time soon . :|

sam

Postby reeldreamer on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:26 pm

borngeek wrote::roll: MMAL's PR department need a rocket shoved up the preverbial. What a crap press release... {"We listen to the customer and we want to deliver for the customer," he said.} stop it... please :roll:

They are here enjoying the QLD sunshine nothing more... With his limited english the first word out of his mouth would be [censored]! :lol:

If mitsubishi was seriously interested in what we want they would poke their heads up here and open discussion rather than lurk and <removed by myself for sensible sake>. :roll:

He welcome to come down to Sydney and see me :lol:

and honestly if I were him I would take up Joe's generous offer.. A good crew of entusiastic triton owners over beer and bbq how could they lose??

//tell them lurkers!!

What QLD sunshine are you talking about???? All we get is rain, rain and more rain! :evil:
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Postby smouch1975 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:34 pm

sam wrote:I still think you guys are dreaming if you think they will get onto this site or make contact :roll: as we represent a very small percentage of the total Triton market in Aust and out of all the members here how
many really use their Tritons OFF road . :?

Most just want a vehicle that can transport the kids to school, do the shopping in and maybe double as dad's
work truck then take them on holidays once or twice a year with a few bush tracks or a beach as the
off roading . :|

Never a truer word spoken, sadly :( Their biggest focus will remain the 4X2 work horse
Mark

Dirty woman, Clean truck :-)

View My Build Thread Here
smouch1975

Postby awest on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:16 pm

[
They are here enjoying the QLD sunshine

lol i think they will be dissappointed :lol:
awest

Postby Stu on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:49 pm

If they do read this,

An aircon that blows more than coolish air would be a great place to start
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby UAV on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:55 pm

can we start a new thread with what we like/dislike and what we as owners would want? just in case someone reads it?
UAV

Postby andyj on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:02 pm

UAV wrote:can we start a new thread with what we like/dislike and what we as owners would want? just in case someone reads it?

I agree and then send the link to MMA and MM japan chairman then see if anything changes :?: :?: :?:
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

Postby UAV on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:05 pm

UAV

next gen triton news

Postby UAV on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:32 pm

More news, we could possibly all be driving navaras soon. http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor. ... FA00118B00
UAV

next gen triton news

Postby Diddy on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Stu wrote:If they do read this,

My air con is like a blizzard ice cold everytime no matter how hot it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i wish we had a caravan like the ALCO'S
Diddy

Postby 4wd26 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:46 pm

UAV wrote:More news, we could possibly all be driving navaras soon. http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor. ... FA00118B00

if its going to get me a V6 diesel triton "Bring it on"
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Blue on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:49 pm

4wd26 wrote:
UAV wrote:More news, we could possibly all be driving navaras soon. http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor. ... FA00118B00

if its going to get me a V6 diesel triton "Bring it on"

Did you see the price jump on the V6 Navara oiler...??? According to the article I read (sorry no link, it was 3 or 4 weeks ago) the V6 oiler will increase the price by $12k...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

next gen triton news

Postby UAV on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:08 am

UAV

Postby salt36 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:57 pm

I would almost go diesel for that kind of power/torque..... :lol:
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby snowman on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:06 am

UAV wrote:http://www.carsales.com.au/reviews/2010/commercial/nissan/navara/nissan-navara-stx-550-22456

$60k for the v6 diesel

hmmmmm great motor and gearbox stats but at $60 and the known build quality of all in this class i reckon i would be looking for something else. :?

7 speed sounds impressive though. Still towing 3 tonne with the weight and strngth of this car (even if you do have the power) is a little marginal in my opinion. 3 tonne is a lot of weight to be dragging around as you dont just have to get it moving but you have to turn it and stop it.

i guess they will all move to cover this (although the Triton / Navara platform sharing is interesting) so as expected we will get better cars but a 12k increase for a V6 is a bit steep. :o
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:58 pm

These amalgamations usually result because one party is going broke ie. Daimler buying into Chrysler, Renault buying into Nissan, VW buying into Porsche, etc.

Just as Peugeot uses the Outlander for its SUV, its probably Renault looking for Mitsubishi product for its market.

Maybe its just everyone looking at survival when the Chinese ramp up.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby pickle on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Mitsu are in bed with Suzuki as well now. Had a media release about it today :shock:
Dave
pickle

Postby 4wd26 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:20 pm

Sounds like Mitsubishi, don't know what they are doing/ offering a month from now.......

For gods sake get it together.......
Getting Out There
4wd26

Postby pickle on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:23 pm

4wd26 wrote:Sounds like Mitsubishi, don't know what they are doing/ offering a month from now.......

For gods sake get it together.......

Did ya get the pm Selwyn....Paj forum.
pickle

Postby 4wd26 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:45 pm

Sorry mate- been traveling- havn't had time to check other forums- will check now :oops:
Getting Out There
4wd26

Postby RockoWallaby on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:49 am

Stu wrote:If they do read this,

Really?
Mine's no Toyota air (ie. imported from Antarctica) but haven't had a complaint with it.
Mine gets pretty cold, even for my tastes (which is frigid air).
Yours woking OK?
Arthur Dent: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world.
Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that.
RockoWallaby

Postby salt36 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:24 am

Found this pic while trawling the net today, looks good for the new look...........
new_triton.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
salt36
Valued Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Triton News