next gen triton news

Triton in the media

Re: next gen triton news

Postby pickle on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:35 pm

salt36 wrote:Be nice but the ties with the V6 rattler were cut ? Not sure on that.

Have to spend 65K+ on a Nissan to get the V6 rattler now :roll:

A 3.8L petrol would be a nice option for the next Triton.... as long as it didn't cost 65K :roll:

I doubt very much we will see a petrol powered Triton again. The Euro 5 regs kick in in Nov 2013, so with a new Triton not until 2014 it will have to meet those Euro 5 regs.And I don't think the 3.8 will cut it.
Expect to see cleaner diesels and sniffing around at some electric technology.
Dave
pickle

Postby Homer on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:58 pm

The problem with that is technology can't keep up with the standards.
Diesels have gone from being the most reliable power plant to significantly unreliable due to chasing a cleaner burn.

They going diesel hybrid? :?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:51 pm

I think I saw my ideal powerplant yesterday. I passed an Audi Q7 with a V12 turbo diesel (if the badges are to be believed). Man would that haul...
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Longranger1 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:27 pm

I'm kind of glad Mits didn't get into bed with Nissan. Most of their dual cabs of late have been dogs. They seem to have more than their fair share of issues.

I'm more comfortable with Mitsubishi powertrains and even though there have been issues, they aren't insurmountable.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some damned good ideas.

If it's feral, it's in peril.

MN turbo lag? What lag??

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Longranger1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby fraz91 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:15 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:I think I saw my ideal powerplant yesterday. I passed an Audi Q7 with a V12 turbo diesel (if the badges are to be believed). Man would that haul...

Yep, Twin-turbo 6.0L V12 Diesel. 368kW and 1000Nm through a 7spd Dual-Clutch Auto. 0-100km/h in 4.5s... :shock: :o 8-)

See the build up of my old Triton here.
fraz91

Postby mattz on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:19 am

fraz91 wrote:
Cowboy Dave wrote:I think I saw my ideal powerplant yesterday. I passed an Audi Q7 with a V12 turbo diesel (if the badges are to be believed). Man would that haul...

Yep, Twin-turbo 6.0L V12 Diesel. 368kW and 1000Nm through a 7spd Dual-Clutch Auto. 0-100km/h in 4.5s... :shock: :o 8-)

Sounds nice. 8-)
Have ultimate developed a lift for it yet? :lol:
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby MMAL on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:32 am

Hi guys, as some of you were wondering about it...yes, we do read this forum very carefully and regularly and feedback is passed on to relevant departments :) I encourage you to always pm me if you feel that there is something that requires our attendance in particular.

Cheers, Simone
I'm Mitsubishi Motors' Community Manager - the one who posts on Facebook, Blogs and Forums!
https://www.facebook.com/MitsubishiMotorsAustralia
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/
MMAL

Postby srb on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:41 am

8-) you'd better be ready for a full inbox then. :lol:
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:59 am

Well in that case either of the Paj engines. 3.8 V6 or 3.2 common rail - Paj versions though...
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby mattz on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:39 pm

MMAL wrote:Hi guys, as some of you were wondering about it...yes, we do read this forum very carefully and regularly and feedback is passed on to relevant departments :) I encourage you to always pm me if you feel that there is something that requires our attendance in particular.

Cheers, Simone

Good on ya Simone. 8-)
It's nice to know your watching over us.......a bit creepy but nice. :lol: :lol:
Well.....it's good to know that you show an interest in your product and our rants and suggestions don't always fall on deaf ears.

Any chance of a twin turbo V12 diesel in the next triton? :lol: :lol:
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby dan.batto on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:12 pm

MMAL wrote:Hi guys, as some of you were wondering about it...yes, we do read this forum very carefully and regularly and feedback is passed on to relevant departments :) I encourage you to always pm me if you feel that there is something that requires our attendance in particular.

Cheers, Simone

Hope you read the good dealers thread cause there seems to be more bad ones than good - but then normally the bad ones are reported and the good go unnoticed.
Back to topic... Umm can't wait to see what they come up with for next triton, not that I'm changing...
dan.batto

Postby Evo_Triton on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:51 pm

I heard a rumour that the new triton wont be out till late 2014 early 2015.
I also heard that it may have a genuine mits steel bullbar with winch provision and a genuine snorkel.

Care to respond MMAL community manager?
Mitsubishi Service Skills National Finals 2011/2012 Equal 2nd Technician.
Evo_Triton

Postby sam on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Just bring Back The 3.2 in the Triton and put a decent LOW range reduction in them something like the crawler gears members are putting in so the Tri can compete in rough offroad situations .

I like my Ranger but it's just to tekko in the electrical system imho for a bush vehicle, 3 batteries in 12 months . :roll:
sam

Postby Homer on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:58 am

^^^ I'm guessing batteries would have been the least of your trouble? :twisted:

Interesting forum reading about the all new awesome Rnager's :lol:

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby MMAL on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:43 pm

mattz wrote:

Cheers, Simone

Good on ya Simone. 8-)
It's nice to know your watching over us.......a bit creepy but nice. :lol: :lol:
Well.....it's good to know that you show an interest in your product and our rants and suggestions don't always fall on deaf ears.

Any chance of a twin turbo V12 diesel in the next triton? :lol: :lol:

Haha, Mattz, not watching over you...just interested in what you're thinking :)
I'm Mitsubishi Motors' Community Manager - the one who posts on Facebook, Blogs and Forums!
MMAL

Postby MMAL on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Evo_Triton wrote:I heard a rumour that the new triton wont be out till late 2014 early 2015.
I also heard that it may have a genuine mits steel bullbar with winch provision and a genuine snorkel.

Care to respond MMAL community manager?

Hey Evo_Triton, we can't confirm the exact date yet but you're right, the next generation Triton will be released mid to late 2014. Actual specs will be released closer to the actual launch date. Hope this helps...
MMAL

Postby Sky Miner on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Club cab with a auto box 8-)
Ever noticed if somebody is driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone going faster than you is also an idiot?
Sky Miner

Postby srb on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Club Cab with suicide doors for the rear seats. ;)
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby chode007 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:17 pm

suicide doors hmmm maybe, maybe not.....do like to look of the 2 doors with just enough behind them...
chode007

Postby pickle on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:48 am

mattz wrote:

Cheers, Simone

Good on ya Simone. 8-)

I don't think you guys have anything to worry about with Mitsu looking at your forum. I know it's all good feedback for them and believe me they do listen to your suggestions for future models. Don't think you will get the crawler gears though.
Dave
pickle

Postby sam on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Well maybe not crawler gears but at least something to compare with the opposition so even 2.5 to 1or 2.7 to 1
like the new Ranger has would be awesome .
Even with 285's on my auto in 1st gear low range is so slow I can get out of it and walk away from it at a
casual walk and man is that good off road . 8-)
sam

Postby JamoGLXR on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:50 pm

I agree a touch lower would be nice
"You'll Never Walk Alone"
JamoGLXR

Postby Naff on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:52 pm

sam wrote:Well maybe not crawler gears but at least something to compare with the opposition so even 2.5 to 1or 2.7 to 1
like the new Ranger has would be awesome .
Even with 285's on my auto in 1st gear low range is so slow I can get out of it and walk away from it at a
casual walk and man is that good off road . 8-)

I can do that in mine... which is manual...
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Thommo3337 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:13 pm

This is what I hate with manufactures today! They try to build a car as cheap as possible not build a car of quality! To beef up the chasis rails, increase brakes, add some extra clearance make it rev less on the freeway bring back the v6 would cost next to nothing I would happily pay the extra $5000 for an extra cost to Mitsubishi for probably less than $500 and as stated previously their market share would increase dramatically as it would be better in nearly every way than the current competition! I feel as though the ranger has come close to this when u look at the specs! it's as though all the companies don't want to make a good car because then what will they do a few years later!
A Heroin Addiction Would Have Been Cheaper!!
Thommo3337

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:52 pm

The Triton was a market leader when it first came out. Pioneered many of the things that are now standard. The Hilux has only just recently caught up. It's hard to be critical of Mitsubishi for wanting to get some years out of it before coming out with a whole new model.

Yeah the ranger might better, but we're what, 6 years down the track? You want to hope it was better after that amount of time. And go an try to buy one and you'll soon find out that all of the extra bells and whistles don't come cheap. One of the reasons the mazdas are selling despite being fugly is that the fords are so pricey. And they're still having problems despite all of that.

You also need to make allowances for the parameters the manufacturers get stuck with - pollution requirements these days leave them a bit hamstrung when it comes to engines. That said obviously we'd all love to see the Pajero version of the 3.2 with the VGT turbo on it in a Triton.

When it comes to things like barwork, low range gears and so on we also need to be realistic about it. Probably 95% or better of these things never even use low range. So crawler gears and snorkels are never going to be standard items.

The idea of an offroad pack has some appeal though. If they marketed a model with OEM extras like lockers, lower gearing, snorkel, winch bar, sliders, a bit of a lift and decent ATs from scratch we'd be lining up for it down the street.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Triton News