next gen triton news

Triton in the media

Re: next gen triton news

Postby cnswilly on Mon May 13, 2013 10:15 am

I would be to scared to go offroad. Might scratch it.
cnswilly

Postby FreestyleCab on Thu May 16, 2013 10:44 am

Its arse is too big, It needs a longer wheelbase. Just about all American doublecab utes seem to have the rear axle in the middle of the tub....Not only does it look "right", it also makes sense that some of the load in the tub can go in front of the axle. A 3500 or 3600 mm wheelbase would be perfect. Mr Mitsubishi....Be brave with the styling AND the specifications! (But price it aggressively, if its going to be priced in Wildtrak or XLT territory I'm taking my money elsewhere)
Brett
FreestyleCab

Postby mad992 on Sat May 18, 2013 6:30 am

well when is the new model expected out and what will be the set price :?: as freestyle said if its not priced accordingly (as a mitsi) well ill take my money elsewhere also buying a brand new model is not right either gotta wait for the bugs to iron out. :| will it be monocoque or ladder frame chassis :?:
mad992

Postby Crash486 on Sat May 18, 2013 6:44 am

mad992 wrote:well when is the new model expected out and what will be the set price :?: as freestyle said if its not priced accordingly (as a mitsi) well ill take my money elsewhere also buying a brand new model is not right either gotta wait for the bugs to iron out. :| will it be monocoque or ladder frame chassis :?:

if they went monocoque they could probably save a 100kg or so. It will have to be a quality vehicle and I fear it will be expensive. It is rumored that Hyundai is looking hard at the segment and may build a vehicle for the market segment which is profitable in Oz. Hyundai is good a producing quality at a price.
Crash486

Postby borngeek on Sat May 18, 2013 6:48 am

already discussed, just have to wait and see.

a hybrid diesel... electric & diesel engine mods. :twisted:

Subject: next gen triton news

MMAL wrote:
Evo_Triton wrote:I heard a rumour that the new triton wont be out till late 2014 early 2015.
I also heard that it may have a genuine mits steel bullbar with winch provision and a genuine snorkel.

Care to respond MMAL community manager?

Hey Evo_Triton, we can't confirm the exact date yet but you're right, the next generation Triton will be released mid to late 2014. Actual specs will be released closer to the actual launch date. Hope this helps...
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat May 18, 2013 7:10 am

mad992 wrote:well when is the new model expected out

2014, as already posted here many times.

and what will be the set price :?: as freestyle said if its not priced accordingly (as a mitsi) well ill take my money elsewhere

No-one knows pricing yet, it's still a year away. However, it is reasonable to expect that Mitsubishi will follow their usual pricing policy, pitching it below the Hilux/Amarok/Ranger level. I'm sure that, in the market, it will be good value for money, bearing in mind that it will be the latest in the new generation of dual cab utes and likely have features that put it above the rest.

Where you spend your money is your decision mate. While I can appreciate your sentiments there is not a lot to be gained in threatening to desert the ship at this early stage. All I can say is that I've had a pretty good run with five Mitsubishis and about to go into the sixth.

also buying a brand new model is not right either gotta wait for the bugs to iron out.

Companies like Mitsubishi spend many millions of dollars in development, "ironing out the bugs". I'd be pretty confident that if there are any specific problems that they will address them, just as they have in the past.

:| will it be monocoque or ladder frame chassis :?:

Nothing is known on this yet and although monocoque has been done with local utes, I would think that the new Triton is most likely to be ladder frame chassis. That said, if Mitsubishi were to spring a surprise monocoque construction then I very much doubt that they wouldn't incorporate their knowledge from the Pajero which has more than stood the test of time, against the predictions of failure when it was released and, in fact, has a stiffer, stronger body structure than its competitors.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby mad992 on Sat May 18, 2013 6:56 pm

cheers chris :oops: hey whats your sixth mits going to be :?:
mad992

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat May 18, 2013 7:31 pm

mad992 wrote:cheers chris :oops: hey whats your sixth mits going to be :?:

Shhh.... secret ;)
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby mad992 on Sat May 18, 2013 8:23 pm

awwww shucks cmon tell uncle mad ;) i know its a pink mirage isnt it :?
mad992

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat May 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Will there be a name change to nowforthe6th?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat May 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Will there be a name change to nowforthe6th?

Nah, already used that somewhere else.

mad992 wrote:awwww shucks cmon tell uncle mad ;) i know its a pink mirage isnt it :?

Patience, grasshopper.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby Crash486 on Tue May 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Maybe a further insight into what the power plant will be like.

Mitsubishi
Mitsubishi will introduce a green variant of its Mitsubishi Outlander featuring range-extending electric technology.

On sale from June, the Outlander PHEV is a plug-in hybrid matched to a diesel engine with a longer range and lower emissions than the regular diesel SUV.
Article from December 2012 http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-ne ... 2bubj.html
Crash486

Postby viking shippy on Tue May 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Man I might have to hunt elsewhere
if that's what is a sign of things to come
The outlander its all out of proportion and the front and rear is plain ugly
No fine lines on this ship...
Last edited by viking shippy on Wed May 22, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viking shippy

Postby Brent1 on Wed May 22, 2013 7:20 am

I'm just curious to know with all these cars moving to electric motors that we have to plug in, how expensive will they be to charge up every night with the way our power bills keep going up? I haven't seen anyone release figures on how many kilowatts it takes to charge them up?
Brent1

Postby viking shippy on Wed May 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Yeh all environmentally friendly...the electricity has to come from somwhere.? A Coal fired power station..good step in the right direction though especially if your lucky to have solar panels on your roof...
viking shippy

Postby Sootie on Wed May 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Brent1 wrote:I'm just curious to know with all these cars moving to electric motors that we have to plug in, how expensive will they be to charge up every night with the way our power bills keep going up? I haven't seen anyone release figures on how many kilowatts it takes to charge them up?

its around $2 for a 'full tank' on a mitsu imev at current australian elec prices takes you about 200kms in one of them I think
Sootie

Postby sm60089 on Wed May 22, 2013 12:26 pm

Or just charge it when you get to work and let the boss pay?

(Obviously I wouldn't recommend this as an option....)
sm60089

Postby Belbrook on Wed May 22, 2013 1:32 pm

There are car parks in Melbourne such as the one at Fed square that have a free charging station. Costs you 15 bucks for parking though!!!
Not bad for an old bloke
Belbrook

Postby Bad Kitty on Thu May 23, 2013 7:13 am

viking shippy wrote:Man I might have to hunt elsewhere if that's what is a sign of things to come

Actually Frog's wife drives ones of these (same colour orange too) and its a bloody nice car!! The inside of it is all leather, massive amounts of room behind all seats and with more gadgets and coloured lights than you'd see on an A380 :lol: it's also a 7 seater which we are still limited in manufacturing choice. They have some serious power too :D plus none of the turbo lag we all know about with the MN :roll: I'd have this over the Ford Territory any day, and I've always been a Ford girl, so that saying something. ;)
Bad Kitty

Postby viking shippy on Thu May 23, 2013 9:44 am

Bad Kitty wrote:
viking shippy wrote:Man I might have to hunt elsewhere if that's what is a sign of things to come

Actually Frog's wife drives ones of these (same colour orange too) and its a bloody nice car!! The inside of it is all leather, massive amounts of room behind all seats and with more gadgets and coloured lights than you'd see on an A380 :lol: it's also a 7 seater which we are still limited in manufacturing choice. They have some serious power too :D plus none of the turbo lag we all know about with the MN :roll: I'd have this over the Ford Territory any day, and I've always been a Ford girl, so that saying something. ;)

Hey kitty hope your well
today is a sad day if your a falcon fan.....
Heard roumors that fords pulling the pin in manufacturing out here...
I'm not caning the new mits buss..
I m just saying its not pleasing to me eye me hearty....
viking shippy

Postby Bad Kitty on Thu May 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Cheers VS I'm well. :)
Rumours are true apparently, just another thing going offshore :roll:
Could make Bathurst blue v red a bit interesting with future makes and models etc but I doubt it...
Bad Kitty

Postby Froggy on Thu May 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Bad Kitty wrote:

It's true, we have a new Outlander & we are very happy with it! The size is just right for us though if you needed a 7 seater every day, it might be a tad small. Petrol engines are a bit sluggish, and I'm not a fan of cvt, but this 2.2l diesel and 6 speed auto is really good! We actually found it hard to drive smoothly around town because it has too much power until we started using eco mode!
Horses for courses with the looks department. We like it and a I would be happy to see a triton with a similar styled front end!
I really hope they buck the trend and build something similar in size to the ML - not one of these massive rnager sized lorries that they perceive the market wants.
Froggy

Postby Scale on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Scale

Postby Calblitzen on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Will be hard to fit a canopy.
No matter what life throws at you, SMILE.

Better to be looking at it, than looking for it.
Calblitzen

Postby Lunny on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:02 am

I thought vision was bad out of my current triton lol
Lunny
Lunny

PreviousNext

Return to Triton News