Tritons in 4wd action

Triton in the media

Re: Tritons in 4wd action

Postby al coholic on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:08 pm

As long as you have the correct offset, the 33's won't scrub Justin ;)

Welcome to NTN
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby jmorellini on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:13 pm

mitzikatzi wrote:Justin if you leave plastidip on your wheels too long it bonds to the paint and damages the wheels original finish.

Yeah, so I've heard and seen plenty of photos of. Which in that case I'll end up powder coating or spray painting them. I've got no intentions to get rid of the rims and wasn't putting the plastidip on to protect the original finish but more or less to see if I liked them in matte black and was going to remove it at the start if I didn't like the look (as it would have been easy to do if needed).
jmorellini

Postby jmorellini on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Thanks al! Yeah, I just chucked on a 285/75/R16 that's one of the other boys spares with -10 offset but it scrubs along the mud guard. Gonna see if there are any tyres laying around in the shed and I'll throw em onto my spare to see if they'll fit.

Click to view larger picture
jmorellini

Postby lachiem on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:37 pm

For what it's worth, that sports bar looks great with that colour ute.
Something profound
Something funny
lachiem

Postby chrisdoherty87 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Looks tough. I like that colour. I think t would look good with the side steps done in the same paint as yor sports bar
chrisdoherty87

Postby joomin90 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:55 pm

jmorellini wrote:Thanks al! Yeah, I just chucked on a 285/75/R16 that's one of the other boys spares with -10 offset but it scrubs along the mud guard. Gonna see if there are any tyres laying around in the shed and I'll throw em onto my spare to see if they'll fit.

Hey buddy welcome to the forum. Saw your car parked outside Action HQ whilst i was picking up my swag from 4wdsupacentre. Had to walk over to suss out the car cause it looked mighty good. Keep up the posts mate.

Cheers
John
joomin90

Postby trumpy955 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:01 pm

Welcome along Justin, plenty here to spend and drool over, im sure like the car park you work at Justin. Not sure my Ute would be good for the mag or dvd, the fresh coat of grime protecting the paint doesnt like being removed for anyone... :lol:
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
trumpy955

Postby Staf77 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:01 am

Hi Justin, the Triton looks good. My mate has 33's on his, pretty sure he had to go -25 offset. I'll see if I can find out. Stuck out a fair way tho so he bought some after market flares to get over that problem!
Staf77

Postby jmorellini on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:54 am

lachiem wrote:For what it's worth, that sports bar looks great with that colour ute.

Thanks Lachiem!

chrisdoherty87 wrote:Looks tough. I like that colour. I think t would look good with the side steps done in the same paint as yor sports bar

Honestly hadn't even though of spraying the side steps, gonna add that to the list till I get my hands on a sexy set of Xrox Sliders!

joomin90 wrote:Hey buddy welcome to the forum. Saw your car parked outside Action HQ whilst i was picking up my swag from 4wdsupacentre. Had to walk over to suss out the car cause it looked mighty good. Keep up the posts mate.
Cheers, John

Cheers for the welcome and kind words mate!

trumpy955 wrote:Welcome along Justin, plenty here to spend and drool over, im sure like the car park you work at Justin. Not sure my Ute would be good for the mag or dvd, the fresh coat of grime protecting the paint doesnt like being removed for anyone... :lol:

Thanks trumpy, yeah the boys over here definitely make it hard to not spend money on the 4WD all the time! Haha it just adds character mate.

Staf77 wrote:Hi Justin, the Triton looks good. My mate has 33's on his, pretty sure he had to go -25 offset. I'll see if I can find out. Stuck out a fair way tho so he bought some after market flares to get over that problem!

Thanks mate, so I managed to get a hold of a 285/70/R17 tyre that was floating around in the shed and swapped my spare over to the 33 so I could see how it went and the results are pretty pleasing!

Firstly I think I definitely need an extra 2 inches of lift cause it looks mean when it's jacked up!

The 33 didn't scrub on the mud guard at all, but i'll still give it a trim just to make sure.

And it didn't touch the sway bar

Those shots were taken without it jacked up or flexing. I had it flexed on a roughly 30cm tree stump and had no scrubbing on the mud guard or sway bar no matter if it was the passenger side or drivers side being flexed (up travel and down travel). Unfortunately I wasn't able to try it on anything larger however it did scrub the sway bar at full lock when it was jacked up.

The 33 does not fit underneath the tray. It touches the exhaust and the rear left leaf spring shackle bolts.
It was a BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2 for those that aren't sure. I'll keep you posted how it goes when I get a full set in.

PS. Mods, I'll start a new build thread rather than spamming this one when I get a chance.
jmorellini

Postby Zookstar1 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Have been digging in my pile of mags, issue 171 has a good write up too.
Zookstar1

Postby Horan on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:50 pm

jmorellini wrote:
lachiem wrote:For what it's worth, that sports bar looks great with that colour ute.

Thanks Lachiem!

chrisdoherty87 wrote:Looks tough. I like that colour. I think t would look good with the side steps done in the same paint as yor sports bar

Honestly hadn't even though of spraying the side steps, gonna add that to the list till I get my hands on a sexy set of Xrox Sliders!

joomin90 wrote:Hey buddy welcome to the forum. Saw your car parked outside Action HQ whilst i was picking up my swag from 4wdsupacentre. Had to walk over to suss out the car cause it looked mighty good. Keep up the posts mate.
Cheers, John

Cheers for the welcome and kind words mate!

trumpy955 wrote:Welcome along Justin, plenty here to spend and drool over, im sure like the car park you work at Justin. Not sure my Ute would be good for the mag or dvd, the fresh coat of grime protecting the paint doesnt like being removed for anyone... :lol:

Thanks trumpy, yeah the boys over here definitely make it hard to not spend money on the 4WD all the time! Haha it just adds character mate.

Staf77 wrote:Hi Justin, the Triton looks good. My mate has 33's on his, pretty sure he had to go -25 offset. I'll see if I can find out. Stuck out a fair way tho so he bought some after market flares to get over that problem!

Thanks mate, so I managed to get a hold of a 285/70/R17 tyre that was floating around in the shed and swapped my spare over to the 33 so I could see how it went and the results are pretty pleasing!

Firstly I think I definitely need an extra 2 inches of lift cause it looks mean when it's jacked up!

The 33 didn't scrub on the mud guard at all, but i'll still give it a trim just to make sure.

And it didn't touch the sway bar

Those shots were taken without it jacked up or flexing. I had it flexed on a roughly 30cm tree stump and had no scrubbing on the mud guard or sway bar no matter if it was the passenger side or drivers side being flexed (up travel and down travel). Unfortunately I wasn't able to try it on anything larger however it did scrub the sway bar at full lock when it was jacked up.

The 33 does not fit underneath the tray. It touches the exhaust and the rear left leaf spring shackle bolts.
It was a BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2 for those that aren't sure. I'll keep you posted how it goes when I get a full set in.

PS. Mods, I'll start a new build thread rather than spamming this one when I get a chance.

Hey welcome to the forum. I just wanted to let you know I'm running 285 70r17 on the standard rims at the moment until I get some steelies I've had them on for 20000kms and found mine only scrub on the sway bar only on the left at full lock on slopes and only just. I had to trim the mud flaps other then that I've had no problems. Last week I got sick of having my spare in the tub and modified the exhaust and managed to fit it under with out scrubbing on the springs or the diff.

All the best with your build it looks great.

Cheers Sam
Horan

Postby pickle on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:35 am

Next DVD out will see two Tritons cruising around the High Country looking for snow!
pickle

Postby trickydevil on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:48 am

Hi Guys and Gals,

This may seem like a AA intro but its been 3 months since i last logged on :o Really need to up my game. Missing out on heaps of stuff. Back to topic - My triton has been in a few more 4WD Action mags and a few of their side mags & Camper trailer touring N0 63. It will also be in Camper trailer touring No 70 possibly out in Feb with an article on Camping On the Mann River that i did with Kev Smith ( Woolgoolga Offroad ) and there should be a few things coming out with Roothy's LowRange emag. Keep your eyes peeled
Georges Junction

Gassing It up for the Cameras

Camping on Boambee Beach @ Coffs
trickydevil

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:17 am

doing good
coming down your way in April and looking to catch up again ;)
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby trickydevil on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:50 am

4wd26 wrote:doing good
coming down your way in April and looking to catch up again ;)

Sounds good. I haven't been doing to much hard core stuff of late, more touring and camping and the outback trip to birdsville the long way. Hoping to do some more wheeling around coffs over chrissy break. I should get some trackes nutted out and organize a medium grade trip around coffs tracks soon. Will see how things pan out.
trickydevil

Postby snowman on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:55 am

well done tricky. :D :D catch up soon as well mate.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:51 am

Customs and mods for Tritons, Dmax, etc, really need to become more popular in our 4x4 mags.

I've been scanning thru old mags as they're getting packed for recycling and just about all land cruiser and patrol, with an old landy thrown in now and then.

Used to see the odd triton on the road amongst all the fluxes, but that's completely turned around in my region.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MilkmanDan on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:10 am

RHKTriton wrote:Customs and mods for Tritons, Dmax, etc, really need to become more popular in our 4x4 mags.

Would be good but the demographic seem to care about fridges and light bars not performance and modding as much.

No one in OZ seems to play with diesels and if they do its kept quiet. The U.S. has a big diesel following, namely due to the F trucks etc however diesel performance here is dead.

ECUtek need to pull their heads out of their asses and and market their software similar to EFIlive/SCT market, will introduce a lot more people to the game, it's a win for them and the diesel market.
MilkmanDan

Postby triton_guru on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:12 am

MilkmanDan wrote:
RHKTriton wrote:Customs and mods for Tritons, Dmax, etc, really need to become more popular in our 4x4 mags.

Would be good but the demographic seem to care about fridges and light bars not performance and modding as much.

No one in OZ seems to play with diesels and if they do its kept quiet. The U.S. has a big diesel following, namely due to the F trucks etc however diesel performance here is dead.

ECUtek need to pull their heads out of their asses and and market their software similar to EFIlive/SCT market, will introduce a lot more people to the game, it's a win for them and the diesel market.
If it wasnt soo expensive im sure more people would get involved but unfortunately we are very good at ripping eachother off
triton_guru

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:47 pm

The nannies don't help either.
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:14 pm

The nannies don't help either.
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 4wd26 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Coffs to Birdsville-the long way
we have our very own resident scribe

Congrats Tricky- good read

https://lowrange.tv/emag/?inf_contact_key=356134f5156bd8f9a51b5643aaa909b9c3769cccf464bf2596a951a703b45f95
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Joe on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:43 am

Nice one Tricky 8-) 8-)
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby trickydevil on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:14 pm

Thanks Guys. Was going to do a new topic ' Tritons in LowRange eMag ' maybe i still should.

I must also not that i freelance write and photograph and am not in any way shape or form employed by LowRange.

( I still love my day job surveying, just do the freelance thing as a hobby )
trickydevil

Postby emjayar on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:24 pm

This month's issue has my beast in it next to their Zero Dollar Zook in the Brindabellas.... Keep an eye out.
http://www.lifesbumpyroads.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Driving the conversation on depression and suicide awareness and intervention for Lifeline and beyondblue
'07 ML GLXR 3.2L as seen in Australian 4WD Action issue 238
emjayar

PreviousNext

Return to Triton News