ASC and ABS warning lights

ASC and ABS warning lights

Postby messabout on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:50 am

Hi all,

First ever post, so please be gentle! I'm hoping some knowledgeable and kind soul here can help me.

I have a 2016 MQ GLX manual double cab. High-ish kms (220,000).

The stability control (ASC) warning lights have come on (always on when the ignition is on), and the ABS and Park Brake lights are flashing whenever the ignition is on.

The ABS actually works despite the flashing warning lights, but the ASC doesn't. Pushing the ASC button on the dash makes no difference. The car drives fine.

It's throwing codes C1505 and C1394 but won't reset -the codes can't be removed. My auto-sparky is stumped.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I've reviewed previous posts and there are some that are similar but I can't find any with this particular combination.

Thanks.
Andy, NSW
messabout

Re: ASC and ABS warning lights

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:30 pm

Some codes are for things regarded as serious and can't be cleared without fixing the problem.

A search for those codes, here on New Triton, indicates that the problem could be with the steering angle sensor or (more likely) left rear stability control valve, which narrows the search somewhat. Your mechanic should know this from having read the codes via the OBDII port. Since an ASC system that only works partly would be far more dangerous than one that doesn't work at all, the ASC is shut down until repaired.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby messabout on Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:36 am

Thanks for your reply Chris. I'll take that info to the auto electrician and will let you know how I get on.
Cheers, Andy
messabout

Postby messabout on Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:32 am

It was the Steering Angle Sensor.
Removed, replaced with a new one and $1200 later, all the warning lights and fault codes are gone.
messabout

Return to Electrical